X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G6 3.5 ltr.

Originally posted by Altered6 View Post
    The only way to increase compression ratio is to change the size of the engines combustion chamber volume measured in CC's. This can be achieved by changing the stroke of the crankshaft, changing the length of the connecting rods, changing the pistons, changing the cylinder heads combustion chambers size, changing the head gasket thickness, milling the head gasket surfaces of the cylinder head and/or engine block or any and all combinations of these.

A tune for a higher octane level allows for a more aggressive engine timing advance curve with less chance of detonation/knock thus increasing power output.
    also removes torque mgt. if i am not mistake
    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009 View Post
      also REDUCES torque mgt. if i am not mistake
      there fixed for you

Comment

I thought it would be interesting to see:

What are some of the major differences of the 3.5L engines in the G6s from the new Twin Turbo V6 engines in the Ford F150s? Granted I understand these engines are completely different but without doing a ton of research, can someone list some of the major differences? Just curiosity!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
        Originally posted by wzbhnn
        We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

What is the easiest way to find out what version my car has? i know i have the 3.5 but i've never been certain if mine has the LX9 or LZ4 and its driving me bonkers not knowing for sure which it is.

Comment

Originally posted by moose517 View Post
            What is the easiest way to find out what version my car has? i know i have the 3.5 but i've never been certain if mine has the LX9 or LZ4 and its driving me bonkers not knowing for sure which it is.
            2005-06 3.5V6 LX9
            2007-10 3.5V6 LZ4

Comment

Originally posted by moose517 View Post
              honestly.. just pop the hood.. what does the plastic engine cover say? 3.5L VVT?(LZ4) or 3500 V6?(LX9)

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

see thats where my confusion comes in, i read that since mines a 2008 its the LZ4 but it doesn't say VVT on the plastic engine cover which makes me think its the LX9. You guys didn't help me at all LOL

Comment

Post a picture of it. There is a big visual difference.
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

New news fellas!! EFI Live has just released SOME support for the 3.5L LX9!! Their V2 tool can now scan and download our stock tunes! It seems like we are closer to having some additional support! I am going to try to get mine downloaded and emailed in. The more emails and downloads they get, the more likely we are to see EFI support!

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                      New news fellas!! EFI Live has just released SOME support for the 3.5L LX9!! Their V2 tool can now scan and download our stock tunes! It seems like we are closer to having some additional support! I am going to try to get mine downloaded and emailed in. The more emails and downloads they get, the more likely we are to see EFI support!
                      For real?! Whered ya find this?
                      Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
                        For real?! Whered ya find this?
                        Last thing I found about this topic was 2009. I understand the lack of support for this motor (3.5L LX9 - 2005 Pontiac G6) due to P05 and such, but I want to pose a question. What would it take? Forgive my naivety. ~Cade

Comment

• G6 3.5 ltr.

It's been able to read early P05 for years Ross won't waste any time on these he's got plenty of other stuff going on.
                          Chris White
                          http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                          2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                          2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                          2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                          2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                          2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
                            It's been able to read early P05 for years Ross won't waste any time on these he's got plenty of other stuff going on.
                            Can't really blame a guy for trying can ya? I'd really like to be able to work on it for myself.

sent from my wireless telegraph machine

Comment

No of course not! Ross just has enough stuff going on with the constant E39 changes and all the other new platforms that actually make money We had this conversation a long time ago
                              Chris White
                              http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                              2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                              2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                              2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                              2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                              2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
                                No of course not! Ross just has enough stuff going on with the constant E39 changes and all the other new platforms that actually make money We had this conversation a long time ago
                                You can't offer anything like this can you?

sent from my wireless telegraph machine

Comment

Working...
                                X