This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 2.4 ltr

i wish there was a way to get a CAI to work for the 2.4L =(.... (Noob question)was it easy to replace the stock intake tube with the civic ram with the 90 degree elbow?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MartyBeats
      any 2.4L in the so cal area???... talked to injen they told me to locate a 2.4L g6 in the so cal area and to contact them they would do some work on making compatible CAI's for us!!!

heres the link to anyone whod like to follow up
      http://www.facebook.com/InjenTechnology ... 3051480228

i also joined the facebook group hoping that maybe it will give us some hope that we can finally get a CAI for the 2.4L

Comment

Originally posted by primetime024
        any 2.4L in the so cal area???... talked to injen they told me to locate a 2.4L g6 in the so cal area and to contact them they would do some work on making compatible CAI's for us!!!

heres the link to anyone whod like to follow up
        http://www.facebook.com/InjenTechnology ... 3051480228

i also joined the facebook group hoping that maybe it will give us some hope that we can finally get a CAI for the 2.4L
        2 words Good Luck!
        Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
          with info and his help, i have this. thanks again.

i envy you lol i have a 2.4L please help me know what i need to know lol...no seriously tho
          Producer by day G6'er by night
          Twitter.com/MartyBeats
          2.4L ecotec
          Electric Blue

MODS=

exterior: tinted tailights, debadged
          Interior: to come
          Performance: to come

Comment

Originally posted by Pedobear
            I made this up.
            is it just for looks or do you actually notice a difference i.e... sound, power, etc...
            Producer by day G6'er by night
            Twitter.com/MartyBeats
            2.4L ecotec
            Electric Blue

MODS=

exterior: tinted tailights, debadged
            Interior: to come
            Performance: to come

Comment

i envy you lol i have a 2.4L please help me know what i need to know lol...no seriously tho

Buy ME!

this is what i got. Pedobear can confirm this is the correct one. you will have to cut off some of the intake to fit. then you will need the coupler and 90* bend.

when i did this, i noticed a slight noise change. sounded better. you will notice it more if you do this and remove the other resonator at the same time. i did them at separate times so i got used to the sound. sound-YES. power, well...at least one HP? i dont know, but it is more of a smooth ride for the air to go through. and it looks good.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost

Buy ME!

this is what i got. Pedobear can confirm this is the correct one. you will have to cut off some of the intake to fit. then you will need the coupler and 90* bend.

when i did this, i noticed a slight noise change. sounded better. you will notice it more if you do this and remove the other resonator at the same time. i did them at separate times so i got used to the sound. sound-YES. power, well...at least one HP? i dont know, but it is more of a smooth ride for the air to go through. and it looks good.
                True

I was originally testing out a theory of mine. Since the parameters are set so tight for fuel economy, I tried improving the flow of the air rather than volume. Delete the resonators, and use a smoother pipe, and wala....po-boy intake. Intake company's wont make an intake for the 2.4, you need to re-tune the car for it to work properly or make any power.

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
                There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This look is ALOT better than the "ALL Plastic Look" I have right now

Comment

If I got the Vector Tune, would that make my car able to be used with a CAI such as Injen, K&N, or CRABS or would it still not make any difference?
                    Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                    sigpic
                    Progression Page
                    Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                    Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom
                      If I got the Vector Tune, would that make my car able to be used with a CAI such as Injen, K&N, or CRABS or would it still not make any difference?
                      No it needs to be dynoed or you will need to take your car and intake to them and have them do the tune.
                      Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

ok. know of any dyno tune guys in cali?
                        Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                        sigpic
                        Progression Page
                        Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac

Comment

nvm i found one. so i would buy the intake, and take them both to the dyno tune guys and they would sort it out for me? if not, what do i do?
                          sigpic
                          Progression Page
                          Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac

Comment

yep thats exactly wat i do. i just answered my own question. thanks anyways hahahah
                            sigpic
                            Progression Page
                            Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac

Comment

wheres the dyno you found?

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

http://www.brgracing.com/dyno.html
                                sigpic
                                Progression Page
                                Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac

Comment

Working...
                                X