This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G6 2.4 ltr

what is the purpose of this? can it be removed?

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

You can remove the whole thing and replace it with tubing, as long as the Box filter stays in place and the MAF is put back in place as well...

As for what it is, I do not know.
      Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

ill still ask jus in case someone knows and comes in later...does it restrict air flow? can it be like the resonator? so if it can be taken out, and an intake take its place? something similar in size and shape but looks better. would there be any problems with that? sorry for all the questions, jus trying to find info about it.

Comment

Yea I think its some kind of resonator. Its attached to the intake and you can't remove it by itself.
          Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

Its one of the resonators, if you get a civic short ram intake, 90 deg elbow, and cut it to fit you can clamp it to the air box like we did. Gets rid of that ugly stock intake tubing and a lil bit better air flow.

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
            There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedobear
              Its one of the resonators, if you get a civic short ram intake, 90 deg elbow, and cut it to fit you can clamp it to the air box like we did. Gets rid of that ugly stock intake tubing and a lil bit better air flow.
              cool. would you know if there would be any air/fuel/computer problems? and where did you get the civic intake?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
                cool. would you know if there would be any air/fuel/computer problems? and where did you get the civic intake?
                You can get the intake from ebay/pep boys/etc. No a/f or CEL problems with your stock filter, just flows & looks a little better.

There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost
                  You can get the intake from ebay/pep boys/etc. No a/f or CEL problems with your stock filter, just flows & looks a little better.
                  cool. thanks.

Comment

Im gonna try one more thing but if that doesn't work I will put the stock filter back in. I will try to use the Injen 90 degree to see if it can be of some use. Im tired of driving my car while it shifts like its on crack!
                    Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

Comment

Next time you have 2k laying around...

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion ... &catid=143

Either way, if youre looking for 2.4l performance parts. ZZP has a crap load. Header, down pipes etc etc.

Comment

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/chevy- ... agram.html

And check that thread. VERY helpful pointing out all the parts and what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtismaximus123
                          Im gonna try one more thing but if that doesn't work I will put the stock filter back in. I will try to use the Injen 90 degree to see if it can be of some use. Im tired of driving my car while it shifts like its on crack!
                          Hey have you done this yet? I was just thinking i wanted to try doing this too with the injen intake.
                          2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
                          Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
                          Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
                          Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

Yea kinda. I was in a hurry but I put in the stock Filter Box and the Stock Intake Ducting. What I added is a Drop in K&N Air Filter and I got some tubing and ran it from my fog light to the hole in the Stock Air Box. My Dash hawk says the Intake Air is usually about 3-4 degrees hotter than the air outside. That's not to bad, I think! I think my exhaust tone sounds better with the SAB. I might try the Civic Intake and 90* eventually but im just to busy with everything else right now. Im gonna sell my Injen Intake and start working on the suspension.

Comment

Another mod idea for us..........I saw on ZZP's page that they have a throttle body (TB) spacer that allows for a Cobalt SS TB to be placed on a LE5 intake manifold (IM). The reason being the intake manifold on the 2.4L has a 66.5mm opening but the stock throttle body is only 64.6mm. Here is the link: http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion ... &catid=174

Would this work for us without screwing up the ECM?

A variation of this..........instead of getting a spacer/Cobalt SS TB just port our existing tB from 64.6 to 66.5mm. There is company called maxbore.com that will port TBs. I've talked with him once before about TB porting for an Accord I had several years ago. He could just port our TB to 66.5 mm and be done with it.

The question is whether the ECM will freak out. I don't want to shell out for a new TB if this goes wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BadAura
                                Another mod idea for us..........I saw on ZZP's page that they have a throttle body (TB) spacer that allows for a Cobalt SS TB to be placed on a LE5 intake manifold (IM). The reason being the intake manifold on the 2.4L has a 66.5mm opening but the stock throttle body is only 64.6mm. Here is the link: http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion ... &catid=174

Would this work for us without screwing up the ECM?

A variation of this..........instead of getting a spacer/Cobalt SS TB just port our existing tB from 64.6 to 66.5mm. There is company called maxbore.com that will port TBs. I've talked with him once before about TB porting for an Accord I had several years ago. He could just port our TB to 66.5 mm and be done with it.

The question is whether the ECM will freak out. I don't want to shell out for a new TB if this goes wrong.
                                Doubtful that anything will go wrong, but $130 for a 1.9mm bore increase & no realistic power gain? Break out your dremel man......

Comment

Working...
                                X