This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G6 2.4 ltr

just add 93 you wont have problems going up only going back down.
    The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Comment

okay thanks guys!

Comment

if i do intake, header and tune, will my car still pass the SMOG check if i revert to stock intake and header but leave the tune? im in Cali and yes, it matters.

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

You're probably best to have a second ecu and swap them.
          1972 F100
          1978 Twinstar
          1992 Miata
          2014 Mustang

Comment

ok. quick swap? and a relearn, right?

______________________The Untouchable!____________________

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
              ok. quick swap? and a relearn, right?
              I believe no relearns are necessary if you are reinstalling an ECM that has been previously used in your car.
              Current Mods
              245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
              Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

IDK. I would think once the ECU has learned your car you are good, but I may be wrong.
                1972 F100
                1978 Twinstar
                1992 Miata
                2014 Mustang

Comment

Hey guys new to the forum and have been reading lots about the 2.4L. It has been said that no one makes a CAI for the 2.4L but what does everyone think of this? Is it a waste of money and time or is it worth the 48$?

here is the link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-06-07-0...9&vxp=mtr#shId

Comment

That's just a cheap add-on, It'll work but you may get a check engine light, Unless it's a 2.5" Tube.

Look for parts for the Cobalt SS 2.4l You'll find more results. Spectre makes a MAF adapter that'll fit as well, useful if you run a larger intake, but don't want to get a tune just yet to solve the check engine light issue.

And I've swapped my stock ecu and tuned ecu back and forth a bunch of times without having to relearn anything. so I'm certain if it came from your car, you should be good. Unless you sent your stock ecu in, then I believe the re-flash may require a relearn as well, but thats a 50-50 chance from what I've read from WAMS

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Sutheland View Post
                      Hey guys new to the forum and have been reading lots about the 2.4L. It has been said that no one makes a CAI for the 2.4L but what does everyone think of this? Is it a waste of money and time or is it worth the 48$?

here is the link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-06-07-0...9&vxp=mtr#shId
                      That doesn't look like any G6 I've seen.
                      1972 F100
                      1978 Twinstar
                      1992 Miata
                      2014 Mustang

Comment

I think it's either a cobalt, g5 or malibu car. But it's the same ecotec engine, and similar engine cover, looks like it would fit...

Comment

Anyone here interested in a tuned 2.4 PCM and tcm? I don't want to fart around trying to get the PCM to work and rid the cel. So PM me if interested. I don't have 100 posts or else I would post this in the for sale section. 100 posts? That's dumb but whatever. You have to get vin changed. ( I'll give you a good deal )

07 G6 base model 2.4L
                          Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

Did you try calling around to different dealers? Some might even do it for free. Never hurts to ask. The tune really helps out the 4 bangers and it would suck if you never got to run it. Even if for a little while.

Comment

So how would I ask the dealership? I mean do I just say I need a crank re-learn? And if they ask why, do I tell them I got a new PCM or something?

07 G6 base model 2.4L
                              Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

I think what most people did is they said they got a CEL, and autozone told them it's code whatever, and then asked if the dealer could take care of it. Usually it just involves plugging in the scanner, putting it into case mode, and doing the procedure. Shouldn't take long at all.
                                You can also try calling independent shops around you that may have a GM Tech II scantool. But they are most likely to charge.
                                Some dealers may be nice enough to say do the relearn and send you on your way, Others may try to charge a bunch. Best to call around.
                                Maybe also try a craigslist post for use of a dash hawk?
                                I almost bought my friend's when he was selling, but the funds weren't there in time.

Also, in case you've thought about owning your own, the Dashhawk was replaced by the dashboss: http://www.dashboss.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X