Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Too Many G6ers Interested In Performance Parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehh i'll just have to make my own parts.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

I am more about the looks then power i go to the track maybe 2 times a year & i have yet to been beat at lights around here by any car yet.

I still think the 3.9 should have been more Hp but i guess that will never happen or it should have had a supercharger on the gtp like the grand prix did but GM is cheap could not even put carpet on the rear upper trunk lid but the colbalt gets it go figure.

I would like to get a body kit for my car but not at $1300 canadian
      i will wait for it to come down if it ever does.

This car will be the same as my 2002 cougar aimed towards an older crowd no offence to any one if you do but i dont think many kids workin at burger king or macdonalds can afford this car
      thats why there wont be many after market parts for it. .
      They wont sell close to as many of these as they will the cobalt or the G5's

My car is leased and i have done lots to it so far as long as it does not leave marks or holes & you can put it back to how it was the guy told me no big deal then.
      My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

the cougar had tons of parts ginuwine...both performance and cosmetic. I modded mine out to the max. I'm on a SmartBuy with my G6, so I can't really do anything that's permanent. But the main reason I mod is because it's fun. I like working on the car, I don't really care about gains or whatnot. Yea that sounds stupid, but I just love tinkering with things. I'd love to see more parts for this car. I'd install them, and just take them off when it's time to return the car.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          the cougar had tons of parts ginuwine...both performance and cosmetic. I modded mine out to the max. I'm on a SmartBuy with my G6, so I can't really do anything that's permanent. But the main reason I mod is because it's fun. I like working on the car, I don't really care about gains or whatnot. Yea that sounds stupid, but I just love tinkering with things. I'd love to see more parts for this car. I'd install them, and just take them off when it's time to return the car.
          You can say that again.

Dangit, you removed it. Now I look dumb. lol

Comment

It's okay, being a mod, I clicked on the e-mail link in Outlook Express and almost replied to it in the trash.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Modding the G6

I have an 06 GTP and it is leased but that fact hasn't stopped me from modding it performance-wise. I have added things that can be removed (a bit of an expensive manoeuver in itself) and replaced at lease's end.
              Given the nature of the car I realize there is probably little that can be done but what can is beneficial and fun. The car certainly is a lot peppier and handles better too so I am happy.
              I'd like to see more stuff come along such as maybe headers and especially a computer programmer such as HyperTech makes for trucks and maybe a better shifter but won't hold my breath.
              Options such as the ram air hood will definitely have to wait until Canadian availibilty comes along and the price goes down!
              Until such time as new stuff that works comes along, I'll just have to wait and enjoy my G6.
              GTPdriver
              G. Stephen Day

Comment

This is the first car I've done any real modding to. I will probably be satisfied as far as performance mods after I get the GT-R in. Don't want to throw too much more cash into this car's performance, there would've been better routes to take if I was really looking into getting a performance machine. Don't get me wrong, I think this car is fun as hell to drive, especially being my first stick. But I'm not sure where I'm gonna go from here... that thread a while back about the Infiniti coupe concept got me real interested in the G35 coupes again.
                ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

I bought mine strictly as a DD because it looked cool, had decent power for a 4 door sedan, and I liked the interior. I just have no interest in modding a FWD sedan that will never hold a candle to a RWD muscle car. I kind of like the fact that the aftermarket isn't flooding the market with parts for the G6, its more of an upscale car than the Grand Am was and I don't want to see a bunch of them running around with ridiculous body kits, huge wings, or buzzing exhaust systems. I'm planning on a CAI and a computer tune and that's more or less it.
                  2005 G6 GT, DD duty and lovin it.
                  1995 Firebird Formula, tire shredding money pit.

Comment

I'm assuming the transmission is the weak link in this car. How much power and abuse can the 6-speed handle before it goes, I'm guessing not a whole lot.

I wouldnt have a problem putting a turbo/supercharger on the car if I knew it could handle it.
                    2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire2332
                      I'm assuming the transmission is the weak link in this car. How much power and abuse can the 6-speed handle before it goes, I'm guessing not a whole lot.

I wouldnt have a problem putting a turbo/supercharger on the car if I knew it could handle it.
                      There's really no evidence that the F40's weak...
                      2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                      334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

but theres no evidence that they're not weak am I correct? I'll be the one waiting until someone sees exactly how much it can take.
                        2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

i'd put 7-9lbs to our current stock setup (with the obvious upgrades like tune and fuel management) without worrying about it. i am sure it could take more, but i would be cautious about going there.

Comment

I have bought every reasonable performance part that is out for our rides. Well engine wise. When something comes out I try to be one of the first to get it.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

i dont have much money to spread around, but ill buy as items become available, thats just how i roll
                              Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire2332
                                but theres no evidence that they're not weak am I correct? I'll be the one waiting until someone sees exactly how much it can take.
                                When I had my 95 Mustang GT, everyone said the T-5 transmission was the weak link. Well I was running 11.6 at 121 mph with slicks and never broke the trans. I think it has to do with how much abuse you give it, not how much power you have. Eventually things break, but I think you really have to abuse things continuously for that to happen.

I wish there were more products for our cars. I bought mine and would throw anything on it I could if the results were positive. Not worried about the warranty. Heck I would throw on nitrous now, but my wife knows what that is, so see would have a fit with nitrous bottles and kids in the car together.
                                2006 Malibu Maxx SS with Mobil1 badge and oil cap

"ZeroRTized" manifold

Comment

Working...
                                X