Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

I am going to be sending off for a bcm flash, along with the ecu and tcm tune. I want that 91 octane tune and that super sport tune! I did try going to a dealership and asking if anyone knew how to tackle this project, but no luck. I still cant seem to get in contact with Brian Orr to ask how he did his.

Comment

I can text him if you want me too. But it should be on his progression on g6ownersclub.com
      and yeah my BCM has to be flashed for the new cluster to work. What year and trim you getting yours flashed to?
      Current Mods: Window Tint 20% except front windshield, Black CCFL Eagle Eyes (Currently being Retrofitted w/ Quad Projectors, RGB Halos, RGB Demon Eyes, LED Turn Signals, Body Color Eyelid), Pioneer front speakers, Polk Audio 6x9, 2 Boss Audio Phantom 12" Subwoofers, Boss Audio Phantom 2600Watt Amplifier, Dual 12" non ported enclosure, GTP Wheels, LED interior and Exterior Conversion, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Racingline MMI's, Plasti dipped black recessed upper and lower grills, Plasti Dipped black door handles, door trim, fuel door, Decepticon badges in place of GM door badges, 2009.5 Sedan Spoiler, Custom Side Exit Exhaust, GXP Rear Bumper, Canuck Lowering Springs (on their way)

Comment

Originally posted by wizardsrok24 View Post
        I can text him if you want me too. But it should be on his progression on g6ownersclub.com
        and yeah my BCM has to be flashed for the new cluster to work. What year and trim you getting yours flashed to?
        yeah, you can give Brian my phone number or tell him I messaged him on facebook. I want to flash my bcm to the 2010 so I can put in the speedometer cluster to work with no issues and also I will have my bcm enabling the remote start too.

I just need to ask Brian where at he ran his purple paddle shift wire to on the car and if it required a bcm flash to get the paddles to work.
        Thanks!!

Comment

Just tap it into the purple wire coming from the center console shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
            Just tap it into the purple wire coming from the center console shifter.
            okay, ill do it again. LOL!! jeez! CrusinG6 be hounding me.

Comment

Did it not work when you tapped into it last time? Thought it worked out.

Comment

when I tapped into it, I could not make the center console tap shift work. I would drop the shifter into the tap shift mode and it did not work and the paddle shifters did not work either.

Comment

But after you removed the paddle shift wire the console shifter worked in tap shift mode again?
                  Last edited by CruisinG6; 02-03-2015, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Interested in this thread. I just "upgraded" my steering wheel from a beat up leather, to the 3 spoke base model one. Was a pretty easy task removing the airbag and wheel.

Wasn't trying to get back in behind the steering wheel again, but if this works out, I just might.

Comment

But after you removed the paddle shift wire the console shifter worked in tap shift mode again?
                      Yup! Sure did. I wonder what I need to do now?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomThru View Post
                        Interested in this thread. I just "upgraded" my steering wheel from a beat up leather, to the 3 spoke base model one. Was a pretty easy task removing the airbag and wheel.

Wasn't trying to get back in behind the steering wheel again, but if this works out, I just might.
                        I'm in the process of finding out from a former member on how he got his to work. I will update us all on this for sure. I want to finish this real soon.

Comment

Weird. I need to find more diagrams...

Comment

Weird. I need to find more diagrams...
                            I know right. I agree it is weird. I need to see how the Saturn's wire up their paddles.

Comment

Any updates on this?
                              2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
                                Any updates on this?
                                Nothing to say. I had tried splicing the paddle shifters to the purple wire that is for the tap shift on the center console, but when I dropped my tap shift knob into manual, the Speedo led screen just displayed mileage and not gears. So when I went to drive it around to see if it was shifting, it just drove like in automatic mode. Also, a little rough on shifting too. So when I went to take the paddles purple wire off, it went back to manual with gears displayed. So, I was like wtf?! I tried another wire that I traced the pins that lined up with the tapshift pins, it was supposed to be this dark blue wire. So I wired up the paddles purple wire with this dark blue, but no luck. I'm thinking about seeing if I have to tap into the TCM with the paddle's purple wire. Just a though so far. This Brian Orr guy, is a tough person to get a hold of for help.

This is all I got to before I started working at my new welding job. This weekend I can get a few hours to mess around with it after my reserve drill with the Air Force.

Comment

Working...
                                X