Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! Deawoo !!!
    I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Comment

I apologize for my ignorance, but what's a BCM and TCM? And what to they do?

From what I understood, there are 2 options, get an Aura/Malibu shift (but it has some lag) or get the G6 GT shift, with the slot on the right to go manual. And after that I got lost with the CM's stuff.

And one last thing, if I don't completely understand how these Control Modules work, is it something I shouldn't even think about doing?
      Last edited by Maty; 01-17-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maty View Post

From what I understood, there are 2 options, get an Aura/Malibu shift (but it has some lag) or get the G6 GT shift, with the slot on the right to go manual. And after that I got lost with the CM's stuff.

And one last thing, if I don't completely understand how these Control Modules work, is it something I shouldn't even think about doing?
        BCM is Body Control Module. Its like another fuse box. Transmission Control Module. Adding the wires to make you have the tap shift like the GT, would be a lot of work. As for lag, its electronic signals So it can't be that bad for lag. The super street tune from WAMS can help with the feeling of lag. It would be worth it I would say.

Comment

The Body Control Module controls all the electronics in the car (radio, HVAC controls, cluster, etc.), including the Transmission Control Module and the ECM (Engine Control Module). It ensure the communications between the ECM and TCM as well. Example : If there is a trouble with the transmission, the TCM notice it, send a message to the BCM, then the BCM send a message to the cluster to light the check engine and a message on the DIC (Driver Information Center) located on the radio or the cluster depending on the year of the car. The BCM might also send a message to the ECM to reduce its power to prevent damages to the mechanical components of both engine and transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
            The Body Control Module controls all the electronics in the car (radio, HVAC controls, cluster, etc.), including the Transmission Control Module and the ECM (Engine Control Module). It ensure the communications between the ECM and TCM as well. Example : If there is a trouble with the transmission, the TCM notice it, send a message to the BCM, then the BCM send a message to the cluster to light the check engine and a message on the DIC (Driver Information Center) located on the radio or the cluster depending on the year of the car. The BCM might also send a message to the ECM to reduce its power to prevent damages to the mechanical components of both engine and transmission.
            Eh, I was close. Lol. Nicely put.

Comment

Ah that makes sense, so the BCM is the main computer that controls all of the other modules. Thanks!

Comment

Ah that makes sense, so the BCM is the main computer that controls all of the other modules. Thanks!
                No problem !

Comment

Here is some new information for you all regarding the paddle shifters. The clock spring is almost here and should be her no later than Friday the 23rd 2015. Its coming from Florida. Then I have some badges coming in along with some black and white carbon fiber to wrap up the car with. I'm am going to use the black carbon fiber to wrap the A-pillar that is on the side of the front wind shield. Then the white carbon fiber to wrap the black on the doors that run up door that is considered to be in the B-pillar spot. Then the badges are of my ethic background. German, Ireland, England and that is going on the driver's door. And my wife's door get the Philippine and China flag badge. I'll put up a photo to show where I am all talking about.

This is the black piece that I considered to be the B-pillar on a car door. I'm going to wrap This with white carbon fiber. Then I am putting this VIP Badge and the Germany, Ireland, and England flag badges on top of the white carbon fiber also.

I'm going to wrap this with black carbon fiber. It will look like the new scion tc with their blackened A-pillars.
                  Last edited by GMManof3; 01-19-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I should be getting my steering wheel in the mail tomorrow. But I am tackling this same thing BUT... I have a 2008 G6 Base V6. The tapshift is already in the bcm and tcm. I just have to tap some wires, change out the actual shifter, and then wire everything up and I will be home free!!!
                    Current Mods: Window Tint 20% except front windshield, Black CCFL Eagle Eyes (Currently being Retrofitted w/ Quad Projectors, RGB Halos, RGB Demon Eyes, LED Turn Signals, Body Color Eyelid), Pioneer front speakers, Polk Audio 6x9, 2 Boss Audio Phantom 12" Subwoofers, Boss Audio Phantom 2600Watt Amplifier, Dual 12" non ported enclosure, GTP Wheels, LED interior and Exterior Conversion, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Racingline MMI's, Plasti dipped black recessed upper and lower grills, Plasti Dipped black door handles, door trim, fuel door, Decepticon badges in place of GM door badges, 2009.5 Sedan Spoiler, Custom Side Exit Exhaust, GXP Rear Bumper, Canuck Lowering Springs (on their way)

Comment

Originally posted by wizardsrok24 View Post
                      I should be getting my steering wheel in the mail tomorrow. But I am tackling this same thing BUT... I have a 2008 G6 Base V6. The tapshift is already in the bcm and tcm. I just have to tap some wires, change out the actual shifter, and then wire everything up and I will be home free!!!
                      Very nice. Did you get the clock spring from the Saturn or Chevy Malibu?

Comment

Originally posted by wizardsrok24 View Post
                        If you have a base V6 without TapShift, then I recommand you check if both TapShift and Non-TapShift transmissions has the same valve body. Zillya had an issue with that when his transmission shop put a non-compatible valve body in his TapShift transmission. Take a look at my earlier post with the link to his post.

Comment

So my tracking number on that clock spring tells me that it arrives/comes/shows up....

Comment

I have the last of the wiring photos done. I show where the wire taps into and where I hide the wire and also where the pin for the paddle shifter wire goes into. Just have to put in the clock spring next.

Comment

Here is the clock spring everyone. The bar code says *20940370 6BM0113* D

I assume that is the item product number. Use it to look up this clock spring.

Now I'm off to change out clock springs. I just need to go borrow a steering wheel puller.
                              Last edited by GMManof3; 01-20-2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Here is the photos:
                                The sliding cover to hide what's below the shifter plate.

This harness holds the purple wire that I had to tap into to send the paddle shift signals.

The connector for the back of the clock spring. I have pin letter B that is for the paddle shift up and down signals.

This is showing that I used the wire tapping connector. Its for when you do not want to solder wires. For me, once I know it works and I can "paddle" down and up through the gears. Then I will replace it with soldering method. This is temporary.

I rolled up the excess, did not really mean to have this much. So I just stuffed it behind the bcm. Lol

Ran the shift wire under the Tap Shifter assembly.
                                Last edited by GMManof3; 01-20-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X