This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official "anything dash hawk" thread

Actually have any of you changed the start up screen for your hawk? I read somewhere that you can change it, but I haven't figured out how to do it... nor have i gone back to try.

Comment

I did, its in one of the menus. theres a 3 lcd color bar slider than you can mix and match RED,BLUE,GREEN to get what ever color choice you want. I switched mine to red, but for some reason the red is only visable when viewed directly from the front. The preselected blue is a pretty decent choice actually. I wanted red though, so I just put the dashhawk in front of my gauges, (pics on previous page)

Comment

I already did that mines, red as well. what i was asking, is I read someplace that you can creat a splash screen or in other words when it starts up instead of seeing the dashhawk logo you can display some other type of art image such as a pontiac logo. I haven't gone back to see how it's done but i did read that someplace..... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
          Actually have any of you changed the start up screen for your hawk? I read somewhere that you can change it, but I haven't figured out how to do it... nor have i gone back to try.
          here I did a vid of how to change the color of the LCD display for the dashhawk. sorry, the quality came out kinda crappy for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3mjftjp9Q

I know I posted a seperate thread about my 1/4 mile times, but I'll just add the recap here for proof

well I did a couple of runs with my dashhawk tonight and all I can say is WOW! If the dashhawk is as accurate as they are supposed to be then holy cow!

my best run was a 15.23 @92.5mph with a reaction time of .66 secs @ ambient air temp of 50F
          and my second best was a 15.43 @91.0mph with a reaction time of .59secs @ ambient air temp of 51F

if and I mean IF, dashhawk is as accurate as they claim, (within 2/10s of a sec) then my base g6 with v6 option, lx9 201hp, went from a stock 16.2 sec 1/4 mile down to a 15.2 1/4 with a variable range from 15.0 to 15.4 1/4. And all I got is a 93octane vector tune, a quality made crab intake, and a magnaflow exhaust. I'm still having some problems getting good traction at launch, I'm thinking if I put on a set of summer performance tires, I might be able to hit 15.0 or even break into the 14's.

My best run

link http://g6performance.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... 70&t=16954

Comment

well i just read though and saw this
            ill try to answer these as an active Tech 2 user but i dont have a dash hawk

Originally posted by grfnkl
            I answered a few that i remember on the functions.

# of trouble codes - self explanitory
            calculated load- ???
            engine coolant temp - self explanitory
            short term fuel bank 1 - ???how much fuel is being supplied for the short term for bank 1
            long term fuel bank 1 - ???same as above just for the long term
            short term fuel bank 2 - ???same as the first but for bank 2
            long term fuel bank 2 - ???same as the second but bank 2
            (map) manifold abs pressure - ???should be the ammount of vaccume the intake has
            engine rpm - self explanatory
            vehicle speed - self explanatory
            timming advance - Timing advance in degrees
            intake air temp - self explanatory
            mass air flow - I understand what it is, but whats a good number and whats a bad number?
            abs throttle position - Throttle plate position. 0 = closed 100 = fully open
            number of 02 sensors - ???should be 3 or 4 (2 pre cats and 2 post cats (i think he have 2 cats)
            02 bank 1 sensor 1 - ??? pre cat o2 sensor. most likley will have a number fluctuating past .450 mvwhich is where your engine runs best. normal range is between .200mv to .800mv can be a bit more could be less
            02 bank 1 sensor 2 - ???post cat 02 sensor will be a number right around.450mv it should not be fluctuating a very large amout as the cat should even out the o2 level in the exhust at that point
            02 bank 2 sensor 1 - ???same as bank 1 pre cat
            02 bank 2 sensor 2 - ???same as bank 1 post cat
            engine run time - how long the motor has been running.
            mil on distance - How far you've driven with an SES light
            cmd egr duty cycle - ???how open the EGR valve
            fuel level - how much gas you've got
            warm up counts - ???number of times the engine has met the criteria for a warm up cycle (probly after a code clears
            dst since codes clear - how far you have driven since last trouble code cleared
            evap vapor purge - ??? If I recall correctly this is for the evap pressure in the system ( ie your gas tank, gas cap, etc.... it runs on an open and closed loop so the numbers will fluctuate from negatives to positives)most likly displays weather the system is purging(burning) the captured fuel vapors
            barometric pressure - self exlpantory
            absolute load - Load on engine. Idle = lower number
            module voltage - ???
            cmd equiv ratio - ???
            rel throttle post - ???
            cat temp bank 1 sensor 1 - Exhaust temp Sensor 1 (Pre cat?)
            cat temp bank 1 sensor 2 - Exhaust temp Sensor 2 (Post cat?)
            ambient air temp - outside air temp
            abs throttle position B - ??? - I think it's how far you are pressing the gas pedal or throttle
            abs pedal position D - ???
            abs pedal position E - ???
            cmd throttle actuator - ???
            again i dont have a dash hawk but i added to it knowing what most of those terms mean in Tech 2 lingo

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
            Originally posted by snowmanG6
            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
              today was the first time i used my DH 1/4 mile run. my best out of two runs was 14.3 @ 96.3mph and .89 reaction time. the first run i got was 14.42.
              interesting. That is about what a gtp is supposed to run, so that might mean that my time of 15.2 using the dashhawk could actually be pretty accurate.

Comment

thank ahuhn for a few of the explainations! The o2 sensors is a huge help, since I really wanted to check the output numbers and make sure everything is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                  today was the first time i used my DH 1/4 mile run. my best out of two runs was 14.3 @ 96.3mph and .89 reaction time. the first run i got was 14.42.
                  interesting. That is about what a gtp is supposed to run, so that might mean that my time of 15.2 using the dashhawk could actually be pretty accurate.
                  if i'm not mistaken, the sea level quarter mile was around a 14.5...
                  edmunds says 14.8 at 95.9

Motortrend
                  0-60 mph @ 6.2 sec
                  1/4 mi @ 14.4 & 96.4 mpg

my 06 with a 6speed MT ran a 15.6 with a .2something reaction time at 5000ft elevation (about 14.7 at sea level according to NHRA conversion chart)

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

So where the heck is the UPS guy? I found the FedEx and DHL guys.

I want my DashHawk.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

I stoled it!!

Gotta come get it!!

Comment

my GTP is modded though. that is a shitty time. my reaction time was horrible.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint
                        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

So I've been doing some testing over the last 3 days watching my intake air temp in regards to heat soak. Even though I have wrapped the entire intake except for the MAF sensor I am still getting some serious heat soak.

when the outside air temp according to the DIC was 81-88F I saw intake air temp that ranged from 85F up to 135F. It would vary a little, but for the most part it stayed closer to 130-135F. Meaning a heatsoak of 50F. I noticed a huge drop in performance and MPG during that time.

when the outside air temp was about 70-72F, I saw intake air temp that ranged from 74-90F. Again it would vary a little but stayed pretty much at 88-90F. Meaning a heatsoak of roughly 20F. I still noticed a drop in performance and mpg, but not to the same extent as when the outside air temp was 81-88F.

It really seams like once the outside air temp goes over 70F is when I start noticing the large amount of heatsoak. Based upon this, I'm gonna say that the MAF sensor really needs to be insulated from the radiant heat being developed from the engine bay.

Comment

No, yo're lying. The UPS guy just handed it to me. Yippee. Now just gotta get the headlights back in.

Then go PLAY.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

That isn't a shitty time, I got a 14.25 at the track. What mods do you have? Reaction time doesn't affect ET, BTW. :Ray:
                              Born: 2/16/2007 -- Best Time: 14.20 @ 98.61 MPH -- 240 WHP & 205 WTQ -- Blueprinted and Balanced

- U.C. Tinted Tails - Dr. S Stage 3 - SRC Dyno Tune - Eibach Pro Kit - C.I. FPU - Scuba's Aux. Retrofit -
                              - 08 SS/TC Brembo Conversion - Ported Heads & I.M - MACE I.M.S. - RacingLine MMI - O.T.T.P. SRS -
                              - MMS Headers - ClassicPerformance Exhaust - Powerbond UDP - CF Catch Can - Racingline Strutbar -

Comment

Originally posted by steelgraygtp
                                That isn't a shitty time, I got a 14.25 at the track. What mods do you have? Reaction time doesn't affect ET, BTW. :Ray:
                                well he has the 06 gtp sedan with the 3.9 and 4spd auto, so I'd say thats pretty good, considering the 6spds with the 3.9 have run a 14.3 at a dragstrip.

Comment

Working...
                                X