This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official "anything dash hawk" thread

If I adjust my fan temp startup, can I disconnect the DH and the setting remains?

Any threads on that MAF heatsoak problem?

Comment

I believe the settings remain even after you unplug it.

I believe there are a few thread floating around regarding the heat soak. I'm sure you have it worse though since you get it all year round. Oh BTW did you enjoy those waves the other day?!!

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
        OK newbie... so my best 0-60 was 6.50 seconds at 60.2 mph.... but everytime I launched even from a slow roll off I spun my tires... then the car would get squirrely and it would mess me up a bit. the worst run I got 7.5 cause the wheel spin was too much for the car. this was running on a half a tank of super, and temp of about 40 degrees outside.
        nice! now I gotta beat a 0-60 run of 6.50 secs!

I have'nt had a chance to do the 1/4 mile run with it though, I'm working on getting access again to a private road (private airstrip) in order to do some 1/4 mile tries.

Comment

Oh BTW did you enjoy those waves the other day?!!
          I almost get drowned while surfing!
          I forgot that I am not a teenager anymore.... oh well

Could someone with a DH post some IAT temp number with ambient temps?
          Of course, I am looking at those in warmer climates.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP

I'll see what I pull up later on for you... bare with the colder temps though for me. ( high of 51 for us today)

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP

Just posting an IAT number will net you nothing. Every intake will net different numbers, also depending on how long the engines been running, time standing still, etc...
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

but at least I could get an rough idea on ambient vs IAT temp.

Nothing too scientific, but an estimate will do for me.... for now.

Comment

well hear's an esitmate for you for the IAT

It was late last night when I pulled the numbers, my IAT was averaging of about 68 degree, Engine nice and hot at 210 degrees and the air temperature was 38 degrees. Obviously the fast i went the lower the IAT went ( as low as 50 degrees) and me sitting at traffic lights brought back IAT's of 80 degrees. Hopefully this is somewhat helps for you.

I know in the summer I can see the IAT hit temps of 100+ degrees, and watch it rise quickly when sitting in traffic on a hot 90+ degree day.

Comment

Well after reading these 4 pages and seeing all the functions of the dashawk, it really interests me on being able to know all that info, especially the 0-60 runs and so forth. So my question to everyone here that has one, do you think you've got your moneys worth, considering that some of the functions will not work (because our cars don't have certain sensors)??

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

yeah I feel I've gotten my money's worth. I bought mine since I had a SES light on that wouldn't go away. I used the hawk to find out what was going on, it came back as a gas cap code... but it wouldn't go away still with the hawk... so I monitored various pressures and emissions on the car to see everything was normal. So I didn't feel as guilty driving the car for 2 months with the SES light on. When I did take the car in it ended up being that the computer kept crashing on that one SES code and apparently there were more stored past that one code....but I felt it was worth the money.

Comment

even though I don't yet understand how to correctly interput all the data that the dashhawk can display, I def feel that I got my money's worth and then some. I think for what vector sells it for is a steal. Its worth much more then what they charge. :P

Comment

Cool guys, thanks for the input. Im definitly going to be getting one of these very soon. Sounds like a very good investment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                          Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

Finally!!!

My Dashhawk arrived today!!

Can wait to plug this nifty box to my 6 and start talking dirty secrets to it!!

Mine was used..... sorry Vector (great price though).... updating software as I post.

Any recommendations on usage, setup, startup banners, etc

Comment

you mean like what to have it display...?

Comment

Yep!

I was playing with the display configurator. I will start by monitoring ECT,RPMS,fans,timing advance, timing retard and misfires.

Keep in mind that I have a knocking problem and thats why I am checking timing and knocking.

Fans setting return to default once the DH is disconnected.

I notice that our cars have 2 fans. one big "high speed" one and one smaller "low speed".

I initially though that I can control fans with the DH. Aparrently not. I want to change the fans temp startup, not a ON/OFF switch. Also, I wanted to monitor the ECT while having the fans on. Something that I cant do while having the fans ON via the DH..... too bad

Hope that a reprogrammed ECU could do that.
                                I want my fans to start at 190 in low, 210 in high or with the AC on full shutdown at speed over 30 mph.

Comment

Working...
                                X