Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source ECU Logging

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there is a RomRaider (Impreza ECU logger) type program for the G6? I'm looking for something open source (free.) that I can use to run logs. I looked around but I didn't really see anything of the sort. I'm actually wondering if it would be possible just to modify the RomRaider definition files, but without any advanced knowledge of the parameters and how they are output from the ODB2 port, I wouldn't have a clue on where to start.

Any information would be super!

Re: Open Source ECU Logging

it would be helpful to know what motor you have. also if you can PM Chris (GTPrix) about it he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about the ecms and tcms on these cars. i believe if im remembering right, the ability to self program a 3.5l motor is impossible without this program or tool that chris has.
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Not that I know of. I actually never heard of RomRaider before... it looks just like HPTuners but OSS.... and only supports Suburu currently. As far as I know it _WILL_NOT_ work with GM designs as the program has to be able to read the data from the ECM and such and be able to save it, and it taks extensive reverse engineering to get it right, which is why HP tuners is so much $ .... however these guys that make this looks like they did a good job fiddling with Suburu's code... maybe they will expand support for their product.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

RomRaider is definitely a pretty impressive piece of software. My brother runs it on his WRX when he has problems, and it usually works out pretty well in finding out what is going on. I think they are starting to add support for other cars into RomRaider, I'm pretty sure you can get Evo/Lancer definitions now, but I may be mistaken. We are about to run it on my brothers car, which is why I was wondering if there was anything similar for this community.

I would imagine you would have to get your hands on some stock ECU/ECM maps and try to find a way to reverse engineer them.

Crimson, I have the 3.5. But I'm not really interested in tuning it, just pulling logs while driving, etc. It's honestly just more of a curiosity for myself rather than me trying to actually do something productive.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiii
          RomRaider is definitely a pretty impressive piece of software. My brother runs it on his WRX when he has problems, and it usually works out pretty well in finding out what is going on. I think they are starting to add support for other cars into RomRaider, I'm pretty sure you can get Evo/Lancer definitions now, but I may be mistaken. We are about to run it on my brothers car, which is why I was wondering if there was anything similar for this community.

I would imagine you would have to get your hands on some stock ECU/ECM maps and try to find a way to reverse engineer them.

Crimson, I have the 3.5. But I'm not really interested in tuning it, just pulling logs while driving, etc. It's honestly just more of a curiosity for myself rather than me trying to actually do something productive.

Thanks for the info!
          a lot of things can be monitored or recorded using the interceptor gauge like i have or the dash hawk.
          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
          X