Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interfire
    Originally posted by strud
    ^ you make some excellant points...all coming from someone who has money to spend. Sadly I do not.

However I found something that may work with the stock setup:
    JBL makes 2ohm speakers!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BlfROtiXwj ... =109GTO927

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BlfROtiXwj ... =109GTO627

will these work? and if so, are they bolt in, or would I need to mod the speaker whole etc...

thanks again!
    Those are great speakers actually, from a very good line. But you still need to remember that they are much higher wattage than what the stock system is putting out. At lower levels it might sound nicer but as soon as you start to turn it up it'll sound worse, the monsoon just doesn't have the power to put those to their potential.
    I realize that they would be slightly under powered, and would sound better with more power.

However what Im trying to find is something that will sound close to the same as a stock monsoon system, but with more reliability. I have already blown 2 speakers on the stock system without even turning it past 3/4s and Im getting sick of it.

Would these do that?

Comment

I would simply like to know if those speakers would work. They eliminate the 2ohm problem, but would they fit in the stock speaker locations?
      The fronts you picked out will fit, so yes they will be fine.

But for the rears I would highly recommend you pick the GTO937 series instead. But to simply answer your questions yes these will fit, but opt for the 937 instead of the 927 for your rears and you'll be good to go. Technically both will fit but the 37 should only be like 10 bucks more so just go with those imo but please do.

One thing to just keep in mind is that the factory amp powers the speakers, of course you know this. But The factory amp sends the bass and treble signals to the speakers through separate wires. If you want to get the full potential you would have to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket deck so you can bypass the factory amp.

Comment

I would simply like to know if those speakers would work. They eliminate the 2ohm problem, but would they fit in the stock speaker locations?
        The fronts you picked out will fit, so yes they will be fine.

But for the rears I would highly recommend you pick the GTO937 series instead. But to simply answer your questions yes these will fit, but opt for the 937 instead of the 927 for your rears and you'll be good to go. Technically both will fit but the 37 should only be like 10 bucks more so just go with those imo but please do.

One thing to just keep in mind is that the factory amp powers the speakers, of course you know this. But The factory amp sends the bass and treble signals to the speakers through separate wires. If you want to get the full potential you would have to replace the factory radio with an aftermarket deck so you can bypass the factory amp.
        Thankyou....the 937 is just the 3way version of the 927 correct?

I have been told that the four wires going to the stock speakers can still be attached to replacement speakers. (I found on thread on here during one of my searches on this site) if you find out what two go to the sub part of the speaker and what two go to the tweeter part.

Comment

Yeah basically, plus they add the pivoting tweeter in there which is kinda useless but pretty handy at the same time. It has a more durable voice coil but you wouldn't know that by looking at it.

As for the wires yeah they will work fine, since it's a coax anyway in there. I was only saying that for some useless information for you... but you already know what the potential would be if you added more stuff.

Comment

Yeah basically, plus they add the pivoting tweeter in there which is kinda useless but pretty handy at the same time. It has a more durable voice coil but you wouldn't know that by looking at it.

As for the wires yeah they will work fine, since it's a coax anyway in there. I was only saying that for some useless information for you... but you already know what the potential would be if you added more stuff.
            Do you happen to know what colour is what for the 4 wires in the back?
            I didnt see anything on actually wiring up replacement speakers in the how-to section.
            And Im assuming the front is pretty straight forward...the wires goin to the 6.5 go to the sub and the ones that go to the tweeter near the mirror go to the tweeter on the speaker?

thanks once again!

Comment

Working...
            X