what amp to replace the monsoon amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what amp to replace the monsoon amp?

hey so i'm on a really low budget and i replaced my HU in the 6 already and the monsoon amp doesn't work with aftermarket amps so i've been driving with a non amplified system for the last 5 months basically and now i want to get an amp back in there.

I'm looking for something cheap but with some good power and i've found 2 with decent reviews.

the lower powered one is a Boss CX350 which is 50w RMS x4

and the second one im looking at is a Jensen Power 760 which is 75w RMS x 4

so i guess my question is will the Boss be powerful enough or is the Jensen overkill for the stock speakers?
    Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Re: what amp to replace the monsoon amp?

well most factory speakers are 10 watts max i would get new speakers and wired it to the kenwood plus monsoon speakers are 2 ohms
    2005 Pontiac G6
    AVH-P3100DVD

Comment

Re: what amp to replace the monsoon amp?

Well being as it is 2 months later since I posted this I already bought the Jensen power 760 and alpine type s 6x9 components for the rear and so far I'm happy with the setup I just really want to get a sub in the back now... I keep trying to turn up the bass on my speaker but I know I'm gonna blow them if I keep doing that lol I'm pretty sure no matter what I do I'm always gonna want more bass lol
      Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Working...
      X