This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
    just buy 3 different sets of them 2 h9's and a h11. I got mine from visonbulbs.
    Should be 2 H11s and an H9.

Comment

• I've bought all my kits off Ebay along with my buddies for other vehicles. Never had any problems with them, you can pick up a kit for less than $100 in most cases with shipping.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

• Do you have a link to the kit you got?
        Blue Man Group

Comment

• this isn't where I bought it from but here is my current kit:
          http://www.victek.co.kr/hid/eng/wideviewprime.html

Although I've used many other kits from Ebay and worked with many others including the one above-WideView Prime, Pilot, MeccaTune, and a couple other no name brands all bought off Ebay and I've never had a problem with any of them.

Just find a kit that looks decent with nice ballasts and other equipment, make sure to read the ENTIRE auction page and I mean the whole page to make sure everything is good then go for it. For the price of other brands ($2-300) you could buy two kits from Ebay and put HID's in your fogs and lows and call it a day.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

• Wideview is one of the better brands aren't they? I always thought they were, I guess a couple people on here have them and like em so that says something.

Comment

• I bought the McCullough kits that we did in a group buy a while ago, maybe a year to year and a half ago, well my left bulb just blew, does it matter what kind of bulb i get to replace it? i know i need an H11 that is 8000K but other than that does it matter? and where is the best place to get a replacement bulb? and how much $$ do they run?

Comment

• Originally posted by asianman35
                I bought the McCullough kits that we did in a group buy a while ago, maybe a year to year and a half ago, well my left bulb just blew, does it matter what kind of bulb i get to replace it? i know i need an H11 that is 8000K but other than that does it matter? and where is the best place to get a replacement bulb? and how much $$ do they run?
                you have to replace both of them, and I've seen them run anywhere from 30 to 90 bucks
                VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

• Originally posted by asianman35
                  I bought the McCullough kits that we did in a group buy a while ago, maybe a year to year and a half ago, well my left bulb just blew, does it matter what kind of bulb i get to replace it? i know i need an H11 that is 8000K but other than that does it matter? and where is the best place to get a replacement bulb? and how much $$ do they run?

one, you dont have to replace them both, they might look a tad different until the new one wears in

i had one pop on me, contacted the seller here is what i got back

For a new pair, it is $85 shipped.

For a single bulb, it is $55 shipped.

Comment

• replace them both, you'll thank me when you don't have to pull you other headlamp out two weeks later
                    VA All Day!! PWC

Comment

• why would you have to replace both? they are on seperate circuits and ballasts

Comment

• I replaced one and it is a slightly different colour than the other one. Oh well....

Comment

• yeh that will happen, as it hasnt been used as much and they lose some color, but no need to replace both if you arent worried about that

Comment

• Hey guys i need your help as i will be purchasing HID's in a couple of weeks and i dont know which ones to get. i will be purchasing two sets, one for my low beams, and another for my fogs. I want them both to be white so probably around 6000k. For my fogs im going to get Wideview primes or another brand that shines really wide. but for my low beams i want them to shine really long and really far. Do you guys know any good brands that shine really far? Pretty much im asking wide for my fogs and long and far for my lows?
                            Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

• i dont believe the kit is gonna make a difference, it is all how the light reflects out of the housing

i have the kit we got in a group buy a while back, they shoot as far as high beams and one light will cover from side to side of road, so really wide too

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegtp33
                                i dont believe the kit is gonna make a difference, it is all how the light reflects out of the housing

i have the kit we got in a group buy a while back, they shoot as far as high beams and one light will cover from side to side of road, so really wide too
                                hmmmm damn thats what i thought...oh well i was still hoping. Which one did you get? I heard McCulloch's are good too. Its hard for me to decide cuz every where i look every body has opinions on many different ones
                                Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

Working...
                                X