painted the mirrors today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
    Just stating what I heard from someone who attempted this. You do know the Malibu is assembled in Canada (where the Pursuit is) right? :idea:
    Huh? Cars assembled in Canada by GM right now:

Oshawa 1: Impala, Monte Carlo
    Oshawa 2: LaCrosse, Grand Prix < plant scheduled to close within two years.
    Oshawa Truck: Silverado, Sierra
    CAMI: Equinox, Torrent

Thats all the vehicles that GM makes in Canada. They also make the LSx V8 Engines in St. Catherines, and the 4T40/45E Transmissions in Windsor.

Malibu is built in Fairfax Kansas alongside the Saturn Aura.
    The Pursuit is built at Lordstown, Ohio alongside the Cobalt.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php?p ... tory_guide

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling
      Like with the Black G6 I think I would be wasting my time.
      L8R,
      Sterling
      Thats how I feel with my granite metallic, kinda pointless to have them painted when the car is dark to begin with. But on the blue they look very nice.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yeah they do look hella nice on the brighter colors.
        L8R,
        Sterling
        2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
        http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
        USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

Another reason I'll stick with my black mirrors is the fact of rock chips, my last car had painted side mirrors and they were chipped to all hell and just looked like crap. With the black I don't have to worry about it
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by G6ITguy
            I was looking at my car today and the plastic side mirrors are quite unattractive, has anyone painted theirs or replaced them with body coloured ones, or at lease a nicer finish for them like a black painted metal?
            Moved this here because the thread already existed... please try to do a search before posting a thread!!!
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Mirrors

The mirrors are the only thing I think GM should have changed on the G6 (except for better brakes maybe) Why plastic mirrors? Even my old Grand Am GT had painted color matched mirrors.

I bought my car in black so you cant tell as much as on some other colors but I still want to paint them or replace them eventually.
              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

I don't think the black mirrors look all that bad, some colours would look better painted but I don't care that mine are black. Although my car is white so they do go together well.

Comment

Ever since 2002 they stopped painting the mirrors on the GAGT's as well.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                  X