Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW style Projector headlights from Eagle Eyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NEW style Projector headlights from Eagle Eyes.

Agreed!! If there needs to be chunks drilled out of the radiator support then these lights may be a no go!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
    Originally posted by wzbhnn
    We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Chunks? Did you see the pix I posted? Its nothing.
      I just noticed to get my lights in specs that it was hitting on the
      cross support and putting stress on the mechanism.

One small hole there to me is no real measurable breech in its structural integrity, nor is it hard to do. ;-)

If drilling a hole prevents you from experiencing these lights then so be it.
      Its your loss cause these things ROCK.
      Attached Files
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
        Chunks? Did you see the pix I posted? Its nothing.
        I just noticed to get my lights in specs that it was hitting on the
        cross support and putting stress on the mechanism.

One small hole there to me is no real measurable breech in its structural integrity, nor is it hard to do. ;-)

If drilling a hole prevents you from experiencing these lights then so be it.
        Its your loss cause these things ROCK.

Yeah it isn't a chunk, from being on the site long enough lampoon does nice work. Im just wondering if it is necessary or not for the hole, just curious haha they are sexy tho, i bet more head turns
        2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

You may not even have to....depends on your adjustment etc....
          I just posted it up in the review to show what I had to do to get them to work
          for me. Obviously others have them working without doing that...so maybe
          Im just crazy but i didnt want to put that kinda pressure on it.
          Its an easy fix though....

MODS:

Comment

No i didn't see your pic of the whole... Where do I find it??

If it is just a drill bit hole then I am fine with it!! Just as long as it isn't like the retrofits of old where they chopped a big square out of the radiator support!! You remember those?? Scary!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
            Originally posted by wzbhnn
            We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post

If it is just a drill bit hole then I am fine with it!! Just as long as it isn't like the retrofits of old where they chopped a big square out of the radiator support!! You remember those?? Scary!!
              i actually do remember those, they used tsx projectors
              2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

I may have to pick some of these up as a b-day present to myself. the Spyders/Sonars I have leak like a freaking sieve.

The big question on the condensation: is it a major problem after a rainstorm or whatnot or do you just get a little then it goes away?
                "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

I drilled holes NO BIG DEAL! The adjustment screw needs a little room to aim the lights for proper cutoff. Maybe not all units will require drilling but it's safe to assume yes...

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post

MODS:

Comment

Wow...so you drill two holes...seems simple enough...

Again, the big issue would be condensation on my part and how much they leak.
                      "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                      ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                      Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Got them, put them in. They look amazing, however there is a 1cm separation between the headlight assembly and the bumper on the bottom of the assembly. Also, they don't seem to fit as snugly as the stock headlights do.

Not really satisfied with them

Comment

got HIDs?

Comment

I was using the bulbs that came with the projectors. Again it's a physical separation between the entire headlight assembly and the bumper, to where the stock headlights fit beautifully.

Put the stock ones back in for now that have the HIDs in them.

Comment

lampoon? your opinion on the cm under the headlight

Comment

Mine have a small gap between the bumper. I'd rather have a small gap than them rubbing on the bumper. My whole front end was totalled so I didn't know if it was related. The guy at GM did an excellent job on the repair.

I can't understand why anyone would be unhappy with them for having to drill 2 holes and a very small space between the bumper. These are things nobody else would even notice. I thought I was anal like seriously. These are the only decent projectors for the G6 without spending what... $1000? Deal with it!
                                Last edited by datacat; 02-01-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X