grill mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Door

I picked the 4 door because I thought I would be the better choice since I give people rides alot. I also was considering the insurance difference, allthough after seeing the tail lights on the the coupe sure makes me cry.
    L8R,
    Sterling
    2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
    USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

Nice work on the photoshop!! I did not know the grills were 2 pieces, I took it off and it just kind of "fell" apart. Seeing the PS on your car has me even more excited. This is going to look amazing! Alright, back to the garage, a lower fascia is calling to be removed.
      Straight up Pimp Trollin'
      2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
      w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
        I have never like 4 door cars, its what drove me away from Subaru WRX STI's even though they have a lot of power I just can't take the 4 doors. The G6 sedan in black though does look verry purrrty I will give it that. I give you guys with the sedans mad props for modding them out. Usually everyone leaves along the 4-doors to hats off to all of you!
        It's just a matter of taste I guess. I prefer coupes, but the rear end on the G6 Coupe just seemed odd to me. It's a bad a$$ car regardless, but it just looks like the boys at Pontiac rushed it to meet a deadline. Maybe a nice aftermarket spoiler would change my mind, but none of the ones I've seen so far do much for me.
        -Kevin
        2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
        2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Originally posted by SlimErik
          Would anyone know how to manufacture those grill inserts like that on the solstice, and availabe on the Grand Prix. For the Nice flush look.
          I would love to know how you did your grille! Please let me know!

Comment

Just an update. Lower fascia and the Black part of teh grill and chrome saouround have now had 3 coats of primer, sand, 6 coats of Liquid MEtallic Silver with repetative wet sands, and am getting ready to spray the clear (3 coats). I must say..... It.. Looks... FUGGIN AWESOME! If everything goes well, I'll have everything installed late tonight, or may just let it sit under the heat for overnight and install in the morning.

Just a note:

The lower fascia is installed in a way that is.. uh.. wierd. 99% of it is held on by, you guessed it.. STICKY TAPE! There are also two of those automotive push tabs in the top of it... and thats it. You don't have to remove anything from the fogs, the lowerair dam, nothin! Just take pone of those plastic panel poppers (plastic flat thing) and poke it int ehre and slowly pry the fascia down to break the tape. It took longer to pull all the old tape off the fascia than to remove them from the car. Pics soon to come.

Comment

Just a quick question..when you removed the grills, did you remove the front bumper? Because I was looking at them today, and it's a pretty tight fit behind the grills. I saw how they snap into the bumper, but it seems like it would be nearly impossible to snap them back in once they're out.

Mike
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

No, bumper remains on. Remove the 6 or so push connecotr things on top under the hood. Allows you to pull the bumper back a tad to push on the four top tabs of the grill. The rest just involves a plastic "screw driver" to wedge in the corners and around to "pop" the grill out. Took about 5 minutes to do. Cars done, just got home from my body shop./ See new thread for TOTAL HOTNESS. Want a hint as to what it looks like?? I SWEAR it's not a GTO!!

Comment

Like I said on your new post, great job with everything and giving us all the details.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                  X