No announcement yet.

grill mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No chrome on the coupes, thinkfully. Would love to see your idea, open up a Photobucket.com account (tis free!!!), upload your pictures or whatnot. Right click on your picture in the photobucket account, go to properties, and hightlight the big ole' long http://WWW.blah blah blah.com info, then past it here with [img]%20%20infront%20of%20the%20gobaly%20goop%20and%20[/img] directly after it.
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Any luck on painting those lower grills a tone of silver?? My school is still cranking away-final and midterm week this week not to mention numerous assignment due so I have no time at all to play with my car. Keep us updated!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Not quite, I've got the primer and paint ready to go. I've just gotta get the grills off, mask off a few certain spots that I wanna leave black in the lower grill and shoot them in the paint booth. If all goes well, I'll have some pics up by tommorow night.

The silver I chose is VERY similar to the G6 concepts paint color on the grills... but not as "pearly".

Comment

very nice job on choosing the paint, I'm gonna be jealous since we were both talking about doing this. Its funny I just read your post about getting the grills off, then I see another one about the grills in here, lol. Good luck tomorrow and I can't wait to see how they turn out.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Thanks man!! Alarms set for 7:00 AM to get up and at em' on removing those bugger's and prep them for paint. My plan is that I won't be painting the "shelf" sections of the three inner plastics pieces that span across, just the face (1/4" thick or so) and then paint the entire bottom and top and face of the fascia inclduing the entire fog housing. I've got this sketched up... I think it's going to look killer. I'll be sure to "document" any finding I have on removing these pieces, shouldn't be that hard I wouldn't think.

th eupper grill itself, I'm still not 100% sure on what I pan on doing yet. I think I *might* leave the chrome souround and just paint the inner mesh... but that may look funky. I'll probably end up masking the chrome off apinting it, adn not liking it, and repainting the whole thing. BUt then again, the chrome ring on the grill stands out a little TOO much since there is nothing else chrome (cept' for the lights) on the front. Decisions decisions.

Comment

that's why you need to paint the chrome part of the headlights like me
              Oh, and you don't have to mask off anything...the honeycomb part of the grill separates from the chrome piece

Mike
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                Oh, and you don't have to mask off anything...the honeycomb part of the grill separates from the chrome piece

Mike
                LOL thats what he's been trying to figure out, good stuff guys-always a laugh!! I love this forum!! :P

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                  Originally posted by GTPGuy82

Mike
                  LOL thats what he's been trying to figure out, good stuff guys-always a laugh!! I love this forum!! :P
                  huh?

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                  I think I *might* leave the chrome souround and just paint the inner mesh... but that may look funky. I'll probably end up masking the chrome off apinting it, adn not liking it, and repainting the whole thing.
                  He said he'd mask the chrome insert off...I pointed out there's no need to mask anything off since it separates from the honeycomb grill...there are 2 pieces there...

Mike
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

yeah I hear ya, he asked in earlier posts about how to get the grills completely off and never got an answer. Just clarifying though, have a good one.

Comment

Pictures up.. finnaly

check out

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2218894/1

Grill mod ideas of 2003 show car. Pics at the bottom. Hit me up with feedback.

Comment

very nice job on the grills-I like'em Also I really like the painted lower fascia where the foggy's are, myself and another member were talking about painting those on our cars a shade of silver to get them to the same place. Both additions look very nice.

Comment

Would anyone know how to manufacture those grill inserts like that on the solstice, and availabe on the Grand Prix. For the Nice flush look.

Comment

I wanna know also!!

Comment

Very Nice!

The paint looks sweet. Love that it is a black 4 door too!
                              L8R,
                              Sterling
                              2006 G6 GT Black 4 Door. Remote Start, Black Heated Leather, Three Spoke Wheel w/ cruise and Radio Controls,RED calipers by DupliColor, 27% Tint,Vent Visors, Hood Lift Kit, Nokya Artic White H/L Bulbs. 2 10" Infinity Subs w/960RMS Amp.
                              http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slrkappa/ ... EBJMLIV8fX
                              USMC F18 Jet Mechanic.

Comment

I have never like 4 door cars, its what drove me away from Subaru WRX STI's even though they have a lot of power I just can't take the 4 doors. The G6 sedan in black though does look verry purrrty I will give it that. I give you guys with the sedans mad props for modding them out. Usually everyone leaves along the 4-doors to hats off to all of you!

Comment

Working...
                                X