X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Window Tint

Originally posted by bigballar28
    txgt whats dble stacked they put it on twice? i got 5% to
    Yes. I think u can do it two ways. On both sides of the window or jus simply stacked on one side to make a 2 1/2 percent tint ( wut I did ). Shops don't jus advertise it cuz there is no way to really stack without it being legal. For example, 20 percent stacked is equal to 10 percent. Mine isn't too xtreme, unlike my bro's (black truck on my photobucket) lol he was crazy enough to double stack 5 percent on EVERY window

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

I thought that by double stacking,

20% X 20% = 4%
      5% X 5% = 0.25%

Comment

I don't think so because 5 percent sunlight comes in then u block out another 5 percent it would b 2.5 percent but idk. It doesn't feel like it only let's in .25 percent lol

Comment

Originally posted by TXGT
          I don't think so because 5 percent sunlight comes in then u block out another 5 percent it would b 2.5 percent but idk. It doesn't feel like it only let's in .25 percent lol
          it may not actually be that but mathematically he's right, you have 5% on 5% so

with the first layer your letting in 5% of 70% (because the windows are 70% from factory) =3.5%

then 5% of the light from that 3.5% is let in by the second sheet and .05 times 3.5%= .175% haha

so i'm guessing no one can see in at all unless the inside of your car has insane light in it.

how do you see at night
          2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
          Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
          Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
          Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

The only thing u can really c at night are headlights, which isn't too bad for switchin lanes and pullin onto the road but other than that u can't see anything in the dark. I think I'm boutta peel one layer off....

Comment

your about half a step from just painting your windows pitch black

never seen anyone with .175% tint

5% is usually almost black as it is with one layer
              Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
              Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

The only thing u can really c at night are headlights, which isn't too bad for switchin lanes and pullin onto the road but other than that u can't see anything in the dark. I think I'm boutta peel one layer off....
                Holy crap! How the hell can you avoid hitting objects? One of these days you're going to run over somebody or smash something. Cut that tint back! Your car can still look cool with no or moderate tint and, you know, it's actually a good thing to be able to see out especially if you have the wheel.
                Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna swallow my pride and go outside and peel a layer of the tint off with tears in my eyes lol

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna swallow my pride and go outside and peel a layer of the tint off with tears in my eyes lol
                    carefully! u might not be able to if its really stuck good to the first one without messing it up

Comment

You make it sound like it's on your chest!
                      Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
                      Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
                      Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

I will pull it off verrry carefully. I'm hopin it hasn't stuck together. We shall see.......and yes, my tint IS a part of me lol.....jk jk

Comment

Leave it on and just don't drive at night...j/k.

Comment

yea at night i can barely see. i cant imagine the trouble u have

Comment

Ya I've always een pretty good as long as I cud see headlights. Its mom that can't c thru em that good and that worries me cuz she has to drive my car every now and then......and she already complains that its too loud lol

Comment

Working...
                              X