Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2006 Malibu MAXX SS - now with new headlights from Ebay

Originally posted by wormhole
    huh, how bout that. never noticed the maxx's had a real external antenna. sedan's are hidden somewhere.
    I believe that they're in the rear glass believe it or not....
    2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

that was my suspicion - ever since i put in my amp and sub i've had extreme distortion on low power FM bands. the effective range of radio stations has been cut in half. i know that's doing it too, i put a switch in the signal line between the head unit and the amp so i can cut it off outright if i have people in the car that don't like the bass, and i can cut it off and the distortion disappears.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

why not just use the bass control from the headunit?

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
        Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
        Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
        -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

the headunit cutoff is buried in a few menu's, it's much easier to reach down and flick a switch. honestly though, the amount of times i've used it doesn't really make it worth the effort of installation.

Mods: Vector 93 ECM/TCM, Addco prototype 7/8" rear sway bar, Powerslot Cryo rotors, Hawk ceramic pads, Yokohama AVID W4S 245/45/18 on Cobalt SS/TC wheels, Pioneer DEH-P6900UB, Alpine PDX-1.600 pushing a 12" Kicker L7, Scosche DIC, Peripheral steering wheel control kit

Comment

that was my suspicion - ever since i put in my amp and sub i've had extreme distortion on low power FM bands. the effective range of radio stations has been cut in half. i know that's doing it too, i put a switch in the signal line between the head unit and the amp so i can cut it off outright if i have people in the car that don't like the bass, and i can cut it off and the distortion disappears.
            Who doesnt love a little bone shaking bass???
            2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Debadged, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Full CRAB Intake, K&N Oil Filter, K&N Air Filter, R1 concepts cross-drilled and slotted rotors, EBC red stuff pads, Red painted Calipers, Garmin Nuvi GPS, Painted engine cover with SS emblem.

Comment

eh, typically my parents and 80 year old grandfather and that's only because he can't hear normally i bet, cause when he drives he goes all out two speeds, stop and go.

Comment

eh, typically my parents and 80 year old grandfather and that's only because he can't hear normally i bet, cause when he drives he goes all out two speeds, stop and go.
                2006 Malibu Maxx SS

Comment

Working...
                X