Bodybuilding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bodybuilding!

lol sounds like you have lil people syndrom...made at the world cuz your short, lol jk...that box or parallel?
    what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

God damn you GTPGuy you cursed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This last week my left shoulder started clicking and popping too. I ignored it at first but yesterday after i was done with bench and incline bench, now its clicking a lot on the left and on the right shoulder its clicking also but hardly. My shoulders feel weird too like they are weak i think i either stretched out the tendons on the rotator cuff, or popped my shoulders out of place, and now they are grinding and bumping, this is what happens for not doing more shoulder and rotator cuff exercises now im going to have to take the rest of this week off and maybe next week to see if the clicking and grinding goes down and if it does then i will take a month of any pressing movement and just focus on rotator cuff exercises, shoulder exercises (especially the medial and posterior), and stretching the shoulders. I really hate this too as i was finally getting past my plateau, i had just finished week 5 of my 12 week routine to reach 300lb bench. I just did yesterday 245x8 without breaking a sweat. This is going to seriously put me back now but oh well i rather recup and come back stronger then keep going like this and end up having to go through rehab or even worse.......surgery so its about 2 months at least before i start benching again damn you guys are going to pass me now, i was hoping to reach 3 plates soon too. That has been my goal for quite some time now.

DAMN YOU GTPGUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CURSED ME YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU EVEN MENTION SHOULDER INJURIES ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

damn man, sorry to hear it. Don't worry you won't pass me, the past two weeks I've been concentrating more on cardio and some weight loss.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by Vandie
          lol sounds like you have lil people syndrom...made at the world cuz your short, lol jk...that box or parallel?
          im not sure what the difference is lol, i get parallel on my squats so i guess parallel =P

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
          2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

Originally posted by G6kid
            Originally posted by Vandie
            im not sure what the difference is lol, i get parallel on my squats so i guess parallel =P
            he is trying to say if you are using a box during your squats or normal squats in which you go parallel to the floor. Box squats you go down normally as regular squats but you sit on top of the box for a second and then push yourself up to starting position again. Or at least im assuming thats what he meant. I dont like box squats much though, i think its meant mainly for beginners or for ppl that have stability problems or any type of injuries that dont let them do regular squats but still want to do squats.

Also, the more and more i learn and research on rotator cuff problems i think i narrowed it down to 2 possible problems. Its either impigment syndrome or a partial or full rotator cuff tear. Im leaning more towards impigment for 2 reasons. My shoulders are a lil bit swollen now and i dont really have much pain only minimal and its when i try to lift my arms. With a cuff tear i would be feeling a lot of pain and there usually isnt much swelling. Both have nearly identical symptoms so its too hard to know the difference, only a doctor would know and even he would have to do an MRI or an X-Ray with dye to find the true cause. Im hoping its only impigment since that wouldnt require surgery and can heal within weeks with proper rest and rehab. For right now im putting ice on them to limit the swelling and tomorrow im going to call my doctor to try to schedule an appointment ASAP. Does any of you know much about rotator cuff problems? If you do, how long do I usually have to wait until i can begin to do rotator cuff exercises and stretching as part of rehab and to strengthen those small muscles to prevent further and any future damage? Im leaning more like 2 weeks i should wait and just rest before i begin any thing. Im definitely wont be doing any heavy lifting for at least 2-3 months. Pressing movements are out of the question two for a while, so once i begin exercising again in a few weeks ill probably just focus on strengthening my rotator cuffs, my delts, biceps, and back. Those are the body parts that are lagging compared to my tri's and chest. Main concern is rotator cuffs and delts. Has any one ever experience any of these problems?
            Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

nobody huh? oh well i guess no one here has heard of it, im in pain my neck is killing me now too

Comment

Unless you literally tore something, sounds like a flexeril or two will fix it.

I've pulled something in my neck three times and once in my back in coming up on 5 years of lifting, but each time it's
                just a severe muscle strain. And I mean severe... a couple times I couldn't move my head from side to side more than
                an inch each way without some serious pain. One muscle relaxer and the next morning things are as they should be
                again, only sore a bit. Great stuff, that flexeril...

Also strained a ligament in my ankle playing basketball about a year ago and it took 9 months before it stopped hurting
                on even short walks or from being on it all day. Some are stubborn.

Just hit 800mg of ibuprofen and a flexeril and if it's not better in 2-3 days get your doctor to schedule you an MRI to
                look for a tear.
                If ignorance is bliss, going to Clemson must be orgasmic...

2011 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS

Comment

Originally posted by uscboy
                  Unless you literally tore something, sounds like a flexeril or two will fix it.

I've pulled something in my neck three times and once in my back in coming up on 5 years of lifting, but each time it's
                  just a severe muscle strain. And I mean severe... a couple times I couldn't move my head from side to side more than
                  an inch each way without some serious pain. One muscle relaxer and the next morning things are as they should be
                  again, only sore a bit. Great stuff, that flexeril...

Also strained a ligament in my ankle playing basketball about a year ago and it took 9 months before it stopped hurting
                  on even short walks or from being on it all day. Some are stubborn.

Just hit 800mg of ibuprofen and a flexeril and if it's not better in 2-3 days get your doctor to schedule you an MRI to
                  look for a tear.
                  alright its been about 2-3 weeks since this problem arose and its a lot better but still not back to normal. My shoulders are not swollen n e more and i have a lot more flexibility but it still feels weird and awkward when doing certain lifting and rotating movements. I havent been to the gym since either and just been getting rest, I iced them the first week too, and now starting next week im going to try to begin doing rotator cuff exercises to see if it improves. Im pretty certain nothing is tore since i never really had much pain, but im almost certain its impingement syndrome. Ive researched a shit load about many different kinds of shoulder injuries and this one seems to hit it in the nail. I should be fine in a couple of weeks once i start doing rotator cuff exercises and in about a month ill start again at the gym with light weight and focusing on building my shoulders more and my traps since they are lagging the most. Not going to get into any pressing exercises for at least 2 months and thats if i see that im fully or almost back to normal. I did schedule a doctors appointment but since my job recently changed insurance providers i have to wait until april 2 b4 i can be seen since im a new patient. For now im just resting and hoping it will get better, its getting annoying though cuz im dying to go back to the gym and im starting to get a belly but im patient, i dont want to risk putting myself out of commission for good and becoming a fat ass ill see what the doctor says and how the rotator cuff exercises work out plus stretching. This blows, this is the worst accident ive had at the gym so far but i was asking for it for being lazy and not working out the lagging body parts much

How's every one else doing at the gym?

Comment

It's gonna take a while man. I remember after doing hammer curls with a little too much weight, I had tennis elbow in both arms, and it didn't go completely away for about 9 months. Just clenching my fists with arms outstretched I had terrible pain. Even today I still feel a little pain every now and then.
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i havent lifted in awhile, i gotta be so weak right now...think we start up in a week or so, so hopefully i can get going
                      what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

Comment

Well its been 2 solid months and I am now curling 55lbs dumbells while standing for 8 reps .

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                        Originally posted by [i
                        Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

hmm didnt know we had a body building topic here me likey... we got some pretty big dudes on the forum... i need to start hitting up the cardio cause so far im just big, strong, and ugly need to lose some of that fat
                          OFFICIAL GXP OF THE SWO

fully loaded 2008 gxp... mods coming soon

Comment

Second day back in the gym today after the previous two weeks off for misc reasons....

sucks!

Sore like crazy from Monday already - trying to do chinups is a joke.

It's like a GPA... one "F" and you're screwed - takes forever to raise it back up. Miss a week or two in the gym and you regress way more than you should.
                            If ignorance is bliss, going to Clemson must be orgasmic...

2011 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS

Comment

so first day back lifting yesterday and my body kills...did 3 types of squats back to back and my legs r sooo sore, plus we did core work so my whole body is dead...makes u not want to take a break because starting up is such a pain

Comment

^ I feel your pain. I just started to get back into the groove of things last week. I'm focusing on my abs currently before I start adding more to the routine. it's been a tough week for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X