• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bodybuilding!

Originally posted by schenko
    mmm Cinnabon...

Is that whey shake yucky tasting?
    actually that one that he showed is one of the best tasting proteins that i have ever tried. ON (optimum nutrition) makes some really good products and none of their proteins are chalky like other brands. I personally use that one all the time and i like the extreme chocolate flavor, it taste great and its just like drinking chocolate milk. If you are serious about gaining some lbs then you definitely will have to do two things, eat more calories than what you are burning and do some sort of training to build some muscle (im not talking about getting built or huge or w/e just some muscle to . Like they all said, you need about 2500+ calories a day, with high carbs, high protein, and low fat. Whey protein is a good way to get your intake of your daily proteins especially since you say you dont eat much food. I recommend and im sure every one here will agree, ON 100% whey protein, its one of the best and it taste better then other proteins. 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight is usually recommended but you can do more if you want. Also, you may want to either drink some casein protein in the night before you go to bed or about 2-3 cups of milk since it they both have slow digesting proteins.
    Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

OK. When I get home, I'm going to seriously try this... Let's say I check back in 30 days?

Comment

Hey guys, i got a question out of curiosity. For some strange reason, i have been sick about 3-4 times already in the past 2 months. Im sick right now but what i find weird is that i usually never get sick. If i get sick once or twice a year its unusual and it never happens right after the other like now. My question would be, aside that it could be something else and more serious which in that case i should go to the doctor, but aside from that could it be the gym that i go to? Maybe its got too many germs and/or sick ppl around. Or could it be, which i highly doubt, the supplements that im taking right now which is just protein and creatine. Now im seriously considering taking a multivitamin daily like animal stak, but im just wondering why my immune system is acting up. Reason why im asking this here is because i was wondering if any of you have ever had a problem with any of the gyms you have gone to and if so, did switching gyms and/or supplements change anything? Hopefully this is just something that will go away and its nothing serious. If it continues like this then i will have to get checked out thoroughly and soon. What you guys think? Also, is it good to keep taking my daily supplements or should i stop until i get better? I also heard glutamine is really good for increasing the immune system. Aside from glutamine, a multivitamin, and lots of vitamin C and antibiotics, what else you think is good for the immune system? Any info or ideas would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

P.S. This is definitely going to ruin my goals now as im probably going to miss this whole week.
        Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ. Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Comment

well if you've been going to your gym for a while and ur just gettin sick now its probably not due to that unless you've changed the time of day you go or something but i would guess its not your gym...might just be the weather i know around here last week was 60 and this week we have snow again, big changes like that can toy with your body...or ur not washing your hands anymore, lol

as for multivitamins i take Bodytechs Ultimate Man Elite, lol funny name but seems to help...for beating a cold a lot of research has been done dealing with the mental part, and that thinking positive helping others, like even holding a door open, can greatly reduce the time of a cold, seems possible

as for whether or not to keep taking them, more of a self decision some might not to save them and money others might just keep doing it for habbit but if your not doing anywork outs i would prolly just stick to vitamin and cough medicine
          what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

I take Centrum and drink a lot or orange juice. If I feel a cold coming on or if I feel like I'm starting to get sick, I'll drink OJ about 3 times a day. Seems to work for me, but everybody's different.
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I normally train 5 days a week, 6 if I have time. Bought an hour to 1.5 per session and I only do one mussle group every week. Meals should consist of a lot of protien. I've never talked to a normal lifter and heard their diet having enough protien. 2 shakes/day and about 2 pounds of meat. This should be broken up into many small meals. If you wait to get hungry to eat, you've waited too long and catabolic chemicals have already started kicking in. If you want to gain weight, add more fats and carbs. If you want to lose weight, lower them. Protien should always be very, very high. Suppliment brands don't matter much, I just use EAS and Isopure because I like the taste. Creatine works well in moderation. I don't take any vitamins, just my thing.
              Here's my picture from a show I did last year:

Comment

Originally posted by DoriG6
                Hey guys, i got a question out of curiosity. For some strange reason, i have been sick about 3-4 times already in the past 2 months. Im sick right now but what i find weird is that i usually never get sick. If i get sick once or twice a year its unusual and it never happens right after the other like now. My question would be, aside that it could be something else and more serious which in that case i should go to the doctor, but aside from that could it be the gym that i go to? Maybe its got too many germs and/or sick ppl around. Or could it be, which i highly doubt, the supplements that im taking right now which is just protein and creatine. Now im seriously considering taking a multivitamin daily like animal stak, but im just wondering why my immune system is acting up. Reason why im asking this here is because i was wondering if any of you have ever had a problem with any of the gyms you have gone to and if so, did switching gyms and/or supplements change anything? Hopefully this is just something that will go away and its nothing serious. If it continues like this then i will have to get checked out thoroughly and soon. What you guys think? Also, is it good to keep taking my daily supplements or should i stop until i get better? I also heard glutamine is really good for increasing the immune system. Aside from glutamine, a multivitamin, and lots of vitamin C and antibiotics, what else you think is good for the immune system? Any info or ideas would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

P.S. This is definitely going to ruin my goals now as im probably going to miss this whole week.
                How long have you been going? You could be overtraining. Going too hard for too long is not the smartest thing for most people. Cut back on your workouts for a couple of weeks and see if you notice a difference. How's your diet? Are you eating clean? Overtraining with a bad diet just makes things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by wild_deuce03

How long have you been going? You could be overtraining. Going too hard for too long is not the smartest thing for most people. Cut back on your workouts for a couple of weeks and see if you notice a difference. How's your diet? Are you eating clean? Overtraining with a bad diet just makes things worse.
                  Sorry I'm so late on this thread. I just came in from being offshore in the Gulf. I skimmed through this and noticed not too many people are talking about diet. I used to compete in my late teens and I'll tell you. Diet is key, supplements are just that, they supplement your diet they do not replace it. I noticed also on the first page about working out legs. Legs help you support large gains in your upper body. If you hit them hard you will grow faster. As for a general rule when I was competing...

3 Exercises per body part.
                  3 Sets per exercise + 1 warm up
                  3 Body Parts per day
                  -3 times a week
                  -Alternating cardio 3 times per week.
                  (Keep this in mind and you won't ever have to wait on equipment in the gym)

Now for my next thing.

A few months back I was looking into opening a gym, but I realized it was not a good time for me, but if anybody wants to do it I made a few really good contacts that could save you some money. I realized it is cheaper to open your own instead of buying into a franchise like Anytime Fitness, Snap Fitness, or any of those.
                  Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

i feel like the hulk right now i hate being sick but im back in action and i had one hell of a work out today. Week 3 of my routine so far and i benched 225x6 really easy. Well i just ordered from bb.com some supplements yay there goes 200 dollars

This is what i got:

ON 100% whey
                    ON Casein
                    Gaspari SizeOn
                    Animal Stak Pak (both the stak and the Pak )

i didnt bother getting glutamine or zma since those proteins have already glutamine and the vitamins have zma already also. They should be getting here in a few days so starting next week im going on a very strict nutrition diet and supplements. I have yet to decide on what to eat ive been reading a lot of bb.com on nutrition but its hard to decide what to eat for bulking other than chicken, tuna, and steak all the time oh well back to reading then

So how are you ladies doing on your work outs? being lazy?

Comment

How do you even get to the gym since you're always playing R:FOM? Do you just go to the gym and play it there?

I haven't been training as intensively as before because of this strange clicking noise in my right shoulder when I do any type of overhead or incline press. I always have a pain in my forearms also while doing curls, which only gets more intense when I put the weights down. I'm a mess.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

well i have a hip bursitis, grade one ac sprain which i guess is a partial seperated shoulder, bruised ribs so i cant do much even sittin in my car chair hurts...gotta go to get looked at later next week
                        what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                          How do you even get to the gym since you're always playing R:FOM? Do you just go to the gym and play it there?

I haven't been training as intensively as before because of this strange clicking noise in my right shoulder when I do any type of overhead or incline press. I always have a pain in my forearms also while doing curls, which only gets more intense when I put the weights down. I'm a mess.
                          Yes you figured me out, i take my ps3 to the gym and play on their tvs. I try to get a set or two during loading or while waiting for other players

i go straight to the gym every day right after my job. Im usually done working out about 630 to 7 so i got the rest of the night to play

well i missed todays work out, damn barber took so long. Oh well ill make it up tomorrow since tomorrow is supposed to be my off day (A.K.A Leg day ) ill just do back and then ill do legs.

GTPGuy - I can be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off about this but im just going from what happened to me b4. About that clicking noise, i think i know what you may have since it sounds something similar to what i had before. Or maybe youre just getting old nah jk it may be your rotator cuffs that are weak or injured. you may have to start training them out a little with specific exercises (theres a couple at bb.com) to make sure they are fully recovered and so that they get stronger and it wont happen again, and also work out your shoulders more. It may be that you have underdeveloped shoulders. If your shoulders are under developed compared to your tri's then your killing your shoulders every time you do any pressing movement since they cant support the weight as much as your tri's. As far as forearm goes, i used to have that same problems and also my wrist used to hurt too, what i did was stopped doing biceps for about 2-3 weeks and starting training my forearms about twice a week (usually at the same day as my back workout). (jerk it more often dude) jk Now that my forearms are stronger i dont feel the pain any more while curling. It may or may not work for you and i could be way off too about both problems but if all else fails you can always go get it checked out and see whats the problem.

Vandie - What happened? How you get that? That really sucks, i hope everything turns out well for you. Dont strain yourself till youre better either

Comment

Good thread... don't know how I missed it.

As far as my workouts, I've hit a plateau that's my fault most likely. Wish there was an easy way to care enough to
                            stop eating junk.

Around 5'8", 200lbs, but I'm told I don't look 200lbs. Last set I bench is 225 at 7 reps - have yet to get that 8th on
                            my own yet. Don't really know what that makes my max bench though - we do 245 occasionally and I get around 4
                            or 5 reps. We mix up chest/arms days and back/shoulders days at the gym. Try to do 3 days a week, but it's not
                            carved in stone anywhere.

Our goal after two plates got (relatively) easy has been 315 (three plates) for a while, but we haven't gained at all in
                            a while and it's most likely due to lack of discipline on the diet and missing workouts. Though I do wonder what %
                            of the population can even bench 225 seven times, let alone 315.

Need to get back on my protein/creatine schedule and get serious about it... I don't have some huge gut, but who
                            couldn't stand to lose a few extra pounds (except Nikki! hope the weight gain is going well)...

Also, it's hard to find, but if anyone wants to try a really good (albeit expensive) whey, look for American Whey's
                            banana flavor. Mixes in milk with a fork by hand with no clumping and tastes great. Mind you that's not what I take
                            since it's expensive, I have ISS Research creatine and Now Sports 5lbs of chocolate protein. Always shop at
                            bodybuilding.com for stuff too.
                            If ignorance is bliss, going to Clemson must be orgasmic...

2011 Cyber Gray Metallic 2SS/RS

Comment

OK LADIES. Maxed out on bench and squat today. Here are my new maxs.

Height: 5'6"
                              Weight: 160
                              Max Bench: 280
                              Max Squat: 450

thats 120 pounds over my body weight on bench and almsot 3 times my body weight on squat. combined its 730 and i think people aim for at least 700 so thats not too bad.

let me know what you guys think =]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2557626
                              2 Time ROTM Champion =P

Comment

pansy

j/k, looks like you are doing great, keep it up

Comment

Working...
                                X