This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Auto Racing Thread aka NASCAR

I just bought two tickets to the Samsung 500 in April for $48. Section 315, row 1, seats 5 n 6. Coming in hot at turn 3.

Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

I've been a Jamie McMurrey fan since he came to Nascar.....Mostly cause we both are from Joplin, Mo. Well, I was born in Joplin, but I lived in Neosho, about 19 miles south of Joplin.

You should have seen me yelling at the TV as soon as he crossed the start finish line and got the WHITE flag....cause the field is frozen if there is a crash on the last lap and that's that...........I was yelling for a crash crash crash crash crash like there was no tomorrow......

When he crossed that finish line I couldn't have been more happy than I was! Congrats to Jamie McMurrey and his new team with Bass Pro Shops....
      Had that gone one more lap, I think Dale Jr, might have won it.
      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Might have, he woulda. I like Jamie Mac, happy to see him win. He truly deserved it IMHO. As for you yelling, I know just what you mean. When I saw that 88 start moving to the front and keep on going I went pretty much apeshit yelling at my TV and Junior. It was a great ending to the race.
        Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Originally posted by stupendusd
          I just bought two tickets to the Samsung 500 in April for $48. Section 315, row 1, seats 5 n 6. Coming in hot at turn 3.
          Lucky! I want to go to a race! I'll have to wait till something comes to Cali OR I might goto the Vegas one...

Comment

Originally posted by markpetersonii
            Lucky! I want to go to a race! I'll have to wait till something comes to Cali OR I might goto the Vegas one...
            Dude, Fontana is this coming weekend. The California Speedway is always the 2nd race of the season! So next weekend, Fontana and the AutoClub 500.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
              Dude, Fontana is this coming weekend. The California Speedway is always the 2nd race of the season! So next weekend, Fontana and the AutoClub 500.
              YUP!

Yeah, Texas Motor Speedway has $20 backstretch seats. When those sell out they're gonna be $40 a pop. Not a bad deal at all. Every time I've been before the tickets were at least $125. All that said this is for the backstretch, right on the entrance to turn 3. They'll be coming in the turn at almost 200 mph's and I'm sitting on the front row. Gonna be SWEET! Plus its my best friend's 30th b-day. Gonna leave the women n kiddos at home and get fuuuuuuuuucked up.

Comment

I go to Sonoma each year, at Infinion Raceway. It's a fun time. We get there betwee 6-7am, tailgate till 10 or 11 and then walk to the infield area, buy some shyt and then watch the race. It's a cramped area but it's fun. Been to Fontana twice...........that was the time I met that Mojo, from Joe Millionaire and hung out with her all night, when she was a Miller Lite Girl....

I think I might just have to talk with Eddie, my nascar buddy and see if he wants to go this weekend?

Comment

Yeah, California is a fast track, definately a good show. Infineon would be cool too. That'd be kinda weird though cuz its a road course. Everybody cramped into certain areas and what not. Still cool tho. I'd rather Infineon than Watkins Glen.

Comment

I'm sure a lot of tracks have them now but one nice thing that The Glen has had for several years is at least 2 big Jumbotrons so that you don't have to miss out on what's happening (at least not critically important stuff) where you can't see directly, which is most of the track
                    CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

im looking forward to another good race at dover this year
                      ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Yeah, but I work all this weekend. I'll have to wait till later.

Comment

Bummer you've gotta work, too. Well, good news, there are two races at the California Speedway, in Fontana

Comment

Bummer you've gotta work, too. Well, good news, there are two races at the California Speedway, in Fontana

Same way at Texas. One in April and then one that really counts in November...3rd to last race of the season. This'll be my first April race. I usually go to the November TX race except for last year. I'm shooting to go to both races this year.

Comment

I went to a race once in Ft. Worth, I was stationed at Carswell AFB. It's amazing how much the sport has changed since 1993.

Comment

...It's amazing how much the sport has changed...

Its still awesome though, just not as awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X