Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photography

Check that...the Nikon remote's P/N is ML-L3. I've confirmed it will work for the D5000. Anyone else here owns a Nikon SLR/DSLR...it'll probably work for it as well.

Ally: the actual Canon-issue wired remote for your camera is RS-80N3, which after a cursory search, runs about $50. You can probably get a knock-off for $5 but no guarentee on how well it will work.
    "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
    ~~GWAR's description of Hell
    Skaði: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Originally posted by LordKOTL View Post

Ally: the actual Canon-issue wired remote for your camera is RS-80N3, which after a cursory search, runs about $50. You can probably get a knock-off for $5 but no guarentee on how well it will work.
      If I have to, i'll spend the $50. I don't mind spending the money if its better quality. I'm sure I can ask the people at best buy or wherever but what Lens do you guys recommend I get next? How'd you get the Pano pix? I'm sorry for all the quests but like i said i'm still really new to it and i'm a horrible learner. LOL

also- how do you all get the pix to be B&W but leave one or two things in the pic the regular color? just photoshop?
      2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

Originally posted by Xxgxpstreet08xX View Post
        If I have to, i'll spend the $50. I don't mind spending the money if its better quality. I'm sure I can ask the people at best buy or wherever but what Lens do you guys recommend I get next? How'd you get the Pano pix? I'm sorry for all the quests but like i said i'm still really new to it and i'm a horrible learner. LOL

also- how do you all get the pix to be B&W but leave one or two things in the pic the regular color? just photoshop?
        If I were you, I wouldn't spend the $50 on a shutter remote unless you plan on using it ALOT. Otherwise, you can just put it on the 10sec timer and take it that way. Unless you are really wanting to get pics of the stars with trails.

What lens next.... what type of photos are you looking for? Close-up, wide-angle, high power zoom?? It's all about what type of things you're wanting to shoot!

The pano pix, you just take several pics moving across what you're wanting to capture, making sure you overlap about 20% of the image at least and then I have photoshop merge and blend them together in a program it has called Photomerge, which works great. No worries at all about the questions, that's what I made this thread for!!

For the B&W pics with selective colors in them, some cameras have a setting to pick out certain colors and have that stick out while it shoots the rest in B&W, but for me, I'd do so in Adobe Bridge where I edit in Camera Raw and it lets you adjust alot of features of photos and there is one section where you can alter all the colors and then you'd just desaturate every color except the one you want to keep. Something like that

Progression Page

Comment

Ally: for your remote, I'd do some research on some of the off-brand ones from reputable names (ie: Vivitar) from people who've used them on your brand of camera.

As for the B&W, I'd usually never take photos like that. For me Taking a B&W photo is slapping some low-ISO (100 or less) B&W film in the camera, and applying the proper filter to the lens based on how I want the final exposure to look. But if I wanted that look, yeah, photoshop, gimp or any other photo editing program could do that.

And finally for the lenses: You have a 28-135MM. If you're going for more panoramic, you'll need a lower MM-rated lens, and those can get very pricey Your bet bet at this point for shots like that, the cheap way, is to shoot at 28mm and then use some photo-editing softwae to crop the top/bottom of the image.

For zoom-shots, you can expand a bit. You can usually get reasonably-priced zoom lenses up to about 300mm. Anything beyond that and you will be spending a lot of money. And really, I've never had any need for anything more than about 300mm zoom.

I would highly sugest getting a library card and checking out some books on photography and the theory behind it. then, since you have a digital you don't have the excuse of film and developing is expensive, so read and practice.

Comment

thanx for the info guys! i'll def be hitting the books to learn some more
            2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

Comment

What Format odes everyone shoot in Ex: Raw or Jpeg Etc.
              Myself I'm mostly jpeg but do like jpeg+Raw from time to time.

2007 G6 SE,3500VVT V6,35/20% tint, 8000K HID's, G5 GT Chrome Tailpipe Tip, Pioneer AVIC F7010BT,Infinity 9632CF 6X9's, Energy 6.5 Components, Tinted Plate Cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Xxgxpstreet08xX View Post
                cannon EOS 50D
                CLICKY
                Originally posted by strikeaholic View Post
                And now I really want to get a shutter remote
                CLICKY

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                Originally posted by ahuhn
                so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

All Raw for me! It captures way more levels of gray. JPEG captures 256 levels of gray, while RAW captures 4,096 levels of gray allowing for a greater tonal range capture but requires more intensive post-production.

Progression Page

Comment

and a shit load memory haha

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

RAW here too.
                      Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRage View Post
                        RAW here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite View Post
                          What Format odes everyone shoot in Ex: Raw or Jpeg Etc.
                          Myself I'm mostly jpeg but do like jpeg+Raw from time to time.
                          35mm negative film between 50 and 1600 ISO, both color and black & white (I'm not yet brave enough to try slide film since it's very unforgiving). A lot of my existing pics were scanned from Ritz to a PhotoCD, but I prefer using my negative scanner when I have the time.. Then I usually scan to a 48-bit uncompressed TIFF for my master image and then save it down to a web-friendly .jpg.

And yeah, if I did do digital, I'd always go RAW. IMHO your master format should never be a lossy-compression format like .JPG.

Comment

Here is my latest piece. I rigged up a little studio type deal in my room and took some shots with a friend of mine, who is absolutely gorgeous!

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by strikeaholic View Post
                              Here is my latest piece. I rigged up a little studio type deal in my room and took some shots with a friend of mine, who is absolutely gorgeous!

Comment

great pic! shes beautiful
                                2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

Comment

Working...
                                X