New project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project

Saw this on craigslist for $700. It said a 5.0 V8 and to my surprise, it had a 383 stroker in it. Mind you, it wouldn't start because the battery is as dead as fried chicken fed to an angry pit bull, but it was worth it to have a little restoration project since turbo'ing the g6 is almost ridiculous on the difficulty scale for a nooby like me. Transmission needs to be rebuilt, (or i'll get an SS transmission ) and body needs a little love and care but all of which i'm willing to do since parts are cheaper for such a mass produced American vehicle and I don't have electrical issues and computers telling me what I can't do *cough* g6 *cough*
    sigpic
    Mods to come: STB, Coilovers, (debating) new wheels and tires, Intake w/ tune, (as soon as the valance gets here) custom exhaust.

My avatar. That is all...

Re: New project

sigpic
    Mods to come: STB, Coilovers, (debating) new wheels and tires, Intake w/ tune, (as soon as the valance gets here) custom exhaust.

Comment

Nice score! You'll be in no time.
      Current Mods
      245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
      Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

is it the van or the truck??
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
          is it the van or the truck??
          Poon I am 21 years old with lead foot syndrome. You honestly think I would get the granny van?! I am offended lol... Although it DID have curtains and a mean set of leather seats!

But yeah, its an 89 silverado with a 5.0 engine and (so i'm told) one of the best non-electrical transmissions GM has ever made: PT700R. When I get it rebuilt I might upgrade to the SS version
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X