Random GTO Banter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random GTO Banter Thread

^don't rush it, I had been looking for easily over a year for the GTO I wanted. Tons of 04's all over the place and I did pass on a couple 06's. Then the dealership by my house had mine and I said screw it and bought it. Just give it time, one will show up!
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah thats what I keep thinking but I'm one of the most impatient people around. It's almost rediculous how many 04's are out there and it's very discouraging. Luckly I'm close to Chicago so that should widen my options but there's only one I like around here with 65000 miles and although reasonable, I was looking for less miles. I appreciate all the input though.
      Finished Mods: 15% window tint, Spyder headlights, Custom Interior Paint, CRABS CAI w/FPU, MPD Hood(Color Matched), Front Bumper Chrome painted Flat Black, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Future Mods: Lowering Springs, MMI's, Strut Bar, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane Tune, MPD Spoiler, Rims & Tires(TBD)

Comment

go look on ls1gto. TONS of great deals for sale and theres a GREAT one for sale in chi town right now, i believe its an 04 but its clean as shit. regardless take a look on there.
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by zillmerm View Post
          Yeah thats what I keep thinking but I'm one of the most impatient people around. It's almost rediculous how many 04's are out there and it's very discouraging. Luckly I'm close to Chicago so that should widen my options but there's only one I like around here with 65000 miles and although reasonable, I was looking for less miles. I appreciate all the input though.
          I hear ya about the milage, I bought mine with 49k on the odo, now it has 71k in less than 3 years....needless to say I drive the thing constantly!
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Phh. Bought mine with 37k. About to hit 65k and it's only been just 2 months why of 2 years. 14,000+/year.
            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
            2005 CGM GTO.
            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Just hit 100K on my G6 and I bought it as a demo with about 6K in April '08 - a little more than 30K per year.
              CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

hahahaha, so I'm driving home from Havasu tonight after working my 3 days up there. There's a cobalt and a tiburon both with fart cans on them and young kids drivining them-of course both of them driving like assholes. Long story short, I finally pulled up along side the cobalt at a red light. The driver looks over and says "OH SHIT"

of course then his passenger proceeds to start talking about how he needs to get a Roush mustang.

ahh the joys of owning a goat........

Comment

^^^^Nice, I have a friend who has a Grand Prix GTP and raves on how fast it is...until I come home with a GTO.
                  Finished Mods: 15% window tint, Spyder headlights, Custom Interior Paint, CRABS CAI w/FPU, MPD Hood(Color Matched), Front Bumper Chrome painted Flat Black, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Future Mods: Lowering Springs, MMI's, Strut Bar, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane Tune, MPD Spoiler, Rims & Tires(TBD)

Comment

had a 2010+ Mustang Vert (v6) try to flex nuts at my car by burning out of an intersection near me, he took off like a bat outta hell and just over the crest of the hill there were 2 state troopers. he nailed his brakes and I lol'd
                    sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

Since I'm new to looking at GTO's, here is one around my house which has a lot of the things I like. The only drawback is the miles but I offered 14,500 as a starting point and they are at 16,000. Let me know what you guys think...

Comment

Since I'm new to looking at GTO's, here is one around my house which has a lot of the things I like. The only drawback is the miles but I offered 14,500 as a starting point and they are at 16,000. Let me know what you guys think...
                        http://www.automobilemag.com/5_115_5...c=True&index=0
                        Something seems weird with that. A Google search shows 4+ pages of results. Usually you get one max wit ha VIN #. The price is insanely cheap for a 2006 as well. That's INSANELY GOOD 2005 price, average or slightly above average for 2004 price. Somethings weird. I would run a Carfax on it and get a GM VIS report if you can before you even think of looking..
                        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

I actually talked him to 14920 without my girlfriends trade(approx 1500). The carfax has 21 reports on it which seems abnormally high but I haven't purchased the actual report on it. The salesman actually seems very willing to move on this and thinking about it now there has to be something more serious that is going on. Probably too good to be true but I'll see what he comes up with when I ask him for a carfax.

Comment

I actually talked him to 14920 without my girlfriends trade(approx 1500). The carfax has 21 reports on it which seems abnormally high but I haven't purchased the actual report on it. The salesman actually seems very willing to move on this and thinking about it now there has to be something more serious that is going on. Probably too good to be true but I'll see what he comes up with when I ask him for a carfax.
                            that many reports....id ASK FOR THE CARFOX.
                            sigpic

Comment

Get the Carfax FIRST BEFORE BUYING. Likewise have Andy or someone run a GM VIS report on it. PM Ahuhn (Andy) with the VIN.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Does that pull up the same stuff as the Carfax or is it more in depth than what the dealer will give me? I certainly will be getting the Carfax before buying, actually I will get the Carfax right after I test drive. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X