Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random GTO Banter Thread

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
    the guy at the tire shop said "This car is fwd right?" i lol'd and said no.

on a side note the screw that i thought was puncturing my tire, was literally about 1/8th inch long and was just wedged into the treads. they pulled it out with pliers and said, be on your way!

i was PUMPED
    lol at the screw and it amazes me how stupid some people are......
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

alright my feller GTO'ers

as you know my dual Interceptors should be here tomorrow.....FINALLLY!!!

I took out my Vararam intake when I took it into the shop, it was still throwing lean codes so they were saying the intake gasket was bad-it was the VR but has since gone away after putting the stock intake back on it

plan: watch timing retard and IAT's AFTER putting the VR back on to see what is going on with this intake

Question: will doing the IAT breakout mod and Omega thermistor mod fix the lean issues with this intake?? I have a feeling it may HELP the situation but it will still run lean. I've read since the MAF is directly behind the radiator it gets heat soaked even worse and with the IAT sensor being integrated into the MAF I was hoping doing the breakout and Omega mod would help everything....

What do you guys think-opinions??
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Relocate the IAT sensor. I didn't read the whole thread, but is your GTO tuned?
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

^I never reinstalled the Vararam after I took it out. The car was tuned for 1 7/8 headers with a Volant intake when I bought it but neither of those items were on the car. So WITH that tune from a respectable local guy I have stock exhaust with muffler delete and back to the factory air box with a K&N panel air filter.

I do plan on relocating the IAT and fitting it with an Omega thermistor for more accurate and faster readings. All in all I don't think either will actually solve the issues with the Vararam. I know they mention on their website no tuning is required BUT virtually everyone with a VR requires tuning because the air is a straight shot to the intake mani it messes with the turbulence and what not

Comment

If it was my car, I would be looking for a dyno day somewhere so I could get an AFR reading on it. I'd rather be running rich, but in the same time, looking for possible vacuum leaks so see if un-metered air is getting in there to cause lean codes.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I've gone over the system a few times with the VR installed and no leaks. Once the stock airbox with the panel KN was put back in the codes went away and haven't had a single one since. My interceptors will read the AFR but its obviously not as accurate as a wideband. I may get the interceptors setup to read all the necessary parameters then reinstall the VR and see what is going on

Comment

Somethings odd with the GTO. This is the second time. It happened when I drove 1.5 hours to PA last week, and again after the two hour trip out here. When I get to lights and stuff and when Im rolling slightly at low speeds or give it gas at low speeds the GTO makes all sorts of metal banging noises like im going over a traintrack....but its smooth. Coming from underneith. Either tranny, diff, or suspension or something. Popped itself out of second onetime when doing it and was worse when i took a slow right turn. Right after I get off the highway.

Parked for an hour now, took it for a drive, absolutely NOTHING now.... weird..
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

^all your juices are good, tranny and rear end?

Comment

Havent changed anything but oil since i got it.

I'm 50,000+ now. So tranny flush, rear dif fluid, and such wouldnt be a bad idea either way. I wanna drain the clutch fluid too.

I keep popping out of 2nd and 1st a lot more often that i used to too. Wouldnt doubt if my clutch is starting to slip as well. =(

Headers are looking less and less likely this summer......... If i have to do clutch i'm doing LS7 + LS7 Flywheel.
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

^that's the way to go. I just pull out the nasty clutch fluid with a syringe every month or so then replace it. Eventually I'll get a remote bleeder to change everything out. I'm just waiting for my Torco gear oil then I'm doing the tranny and rear end so I know what's in there! Hopefully the shifting improves a bit also!

Comment

Bump for a decent deal on fleabay

good for those of you with itty bitty brakes to upgrade, even comes with drilled and slotted rotors, hoses-everything!!

Comment

*cough2004'scough&

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

shit for that money id rather go aftermarket.
                            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

HUH??!?!! For $400 you're not even going to touch aftermarket brakes.............

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
                                HUH??!?!! For $400 you're not even going to touch aftermarket brakes.............
                                Agreed. Real big brake kits are like $1,500+++

On another note I have to drain + replace rear diff fluid.... getting clunking at low speeds when taking turns and stuff after long trips. Hmmmm

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Working...
                                X