This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by palsut
    Yeah, I understand what you mean. Sometime, I change the oil for my girlfriend's g6. I don't used have hood rod on my way but it take time to used that.

Yes, it is look cool but I'm surprise G6 don't have quicklift hood like my 2003 gp have. I guess GM stop make quicklift hood or something.
    no they didn't stop using them because the Cobalts have a single hood strut on the drivers side instead of a prop rod.

Comment

oh really. I remember I saw one car single hood strut. It was rental car but I forgot name. I don't know how it will help if one strut fail then your head will hit by hood.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
        no they didn't stop using them because the Cobalts have a single hood strut on the drivers side instead of a prop rod.
        How come the Cobalt get a hood strut and not the G6!

This is NOT fair.
        COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
        Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
        MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
        Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

did anyone have good luck putting velcro, felt, or any other padding on their hood struts? Im going to be installing the redlines and would like to know in the event that I run accross this problem.
          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
            did anyone have good luck putting velcro, felt, or any other padding on their hood struts? Im going to be installing the redlines and would like to know in the event that I run accross this problem.
            Take particular care when drilling the hood. Make sure the brackets are as close to the hood radius as possible. You may not experience the bolt rub.
            Other than that, check to make sure the fender bolts are tight. Someone posted that they filed off the top of the fender bolt. It has a slight lip on the outside edge.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I put small pieces of electrical tape on the struts where it touches that bolt, just to protect them, and so far it's been working...the bolt hasn't gone through the tape yet.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                I put small pieces of electrical tape on the struts where it touches that bolt, just to protect them, and so far it's been working...the bolt hasn't gone through the tape yet.
                got plenty of electrical tape. Ill do that when I install them.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                  Wow, that's awesome! I hope Redline reimbursed you for those major mods!

I'm just kidding really, it just sounded kinda funny. But I do hope in the long run this doesn't cause bigger problems. Especially since I'm seeing the same on mine. I doubt it will do anything bad besides making it look a little worse. But realistically, as a good business gesture perhaps Redline Tuning should do something for us anyway?
                  ***ROSEY - 2006 GTP Coupe 6MT, GT-R, Doctor Speed Cold Air Box. Click below for more***

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo

This is NOT fair.
                    Odd. I think the G6 is about the only Pontiac without the quicklifts.

Comment

^I bet that the Wave doesn't have it.

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I doubt Redline will do anything. Like they said, their test car was fine. They saw where it might rub if it where put on slightly wrong. That means they are throwing it back at us saying "Ours works so you all did it wrong" When it seams more like thats not the case since so many people do have it rubbing.
                        Redline can graciously correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by coulomjo

This is NOT fair.
                          I guess GM supports the aftermarket.
                          "As long as you can laugh at yourself, you will never cease to be amused."
                          -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                            I doubt Redline will do anything. Like they said, their test car was fine. They saw where it might rub if it where put on slightly wrong. That means they are throwing it back at us saying "Ours works so you all did it wrong" When it seams more like thats not the case since so many people do have it rubbing.
                            Redline can graciously correct me if im wrong.
                            If Redline installed them, I would say you have an arguement. However, this is a user installed mod, it's easy to get something off slighty. Like I did. My left bracket is about 4 mm from the hood radius. Interestingly, thats the side that rubbed the fender bolt.
                            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Working...
                            X