This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **PLEASE READ BEFORE MODDING HEADLIGHTS**

Attention all G6 Performance members, for all of you interested in doing some kind of a headlight mod please read.

It has come to our attention that some of us who have performed headlight modifications have come to see what can only be described as “stress marks” on the clear shield that covers the assembly. The amount and location differ per light, we the moderators felt that this was a situation that we would like to inform you of. Not to deter you from performing this mod due to the fact that none of us who have noticed this happen have seen any malfunction of the headlight. There has been no moisture, water accumulation or anything of the sort, so please mod on. We just wanted to get this out there so as more people start to modify their headlights they don’t become to alarm as this may OR MAYNOT occur. If you have any questions feel free to ask and we can try to help you out as best we can as we are not sure of the cause of the problem therefore we don’t have a definitive way of stopping it.
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

what exactly do you mean by "stress marks"? lines in the light where the plastic seems to be streched?
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Sort of yes... but not exactly haha... here are pics of Mike's headlights his are hardly noticable, mine however are much more noticable and coupe **knock on wood** doesnt have any. So its a crapshoot as to what can or cannot happen?!

Edit: I will get a picture of mine tomarrow because the ones I have make them look really REALLY had haha but I was in macro mode about 2inches from the light .
      Originally posted by Toyz
      Originally posted by simplyred
      what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
      As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

think this could be caused by putting them back together and pressurized air trying to escape in that certiain area?

shouldnt since i know air can get into the headlight from back but this could be part of problem

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I knew there was a reason I ordered a spare set of headlights to do this mod.
          2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Another little side note. When I cleaned the silcone off the chrome ring, I used a blue shop rag and goo gone. I wound up wiping some of the chrome color off. Didn't even wipe that hard. I'm not really sure it matters since you're going to paint the things anyway but it was a suprise to me when it happened.
            2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

Do you think these "stress" marks could be from the fumes coming out from the paint and not having a place to escape from? How long did you peps let your headlights set before putting them back together? I am trying to figure this out because I will be doing this mod soon.
              "Your signature is too long"....I guess if you really want to know, follow the happy URL.....
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2479086

Comment

here is parts number and place to get them for 88 a piece

http://www.autolights.tv/wholesale/Pont ... 2006.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                  here is parts number and place to get them for 88 a piece

http://www.autolights.tv/wholesale/Pont ... 2006.shtml
                  WOW. great price. But these are AFTERMARKET, not OEM replacements, so I gotta ask, has anyone bought a pair of these lights? If so, please do tell me something about how the quality compares to OEM, I'd really appreciate your input.

:smoke:
                  SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                  Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                  CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                  Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Well, I guess I may be the first to order from that site, but I did place an order today for a new pair of headlight assemblies. The $88.00 price is amazing, since the cheapest I could find them anywhere else is $155.21 each. They only tacked on $17.49 for shipping so total was 193.49 for both, delivered. That's actually cheaper than used ones on eBay! I'll let you know about the quality when they get delivered (should be here by Wednesday). :smoke:
                    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

awesome...let us know as i was going to get some from there next year once it warmed up so i could paint them

so now i will know if any good :P

Comment

My new headlight assy's came in yesterday.
                        All I had time to do last night was open the boxes and give them a good looking over.
                        Early observations and first impressions:
                        From all I can tell, these are exact duplicates of the OEM lights. I mean down to the numbers molded into the plastic on the back. The chrome looks perfect, and they even came with bulbs (which I did not expect). When I pull out the old ones I'll do a side-by-side comparison, and I will verify whether or not they are cast from the same mold as the OEMs. I'll also shoot a few pics before and after the install, and I'll write up a product review after I drive with them at night. So far, they appear to be perfect copies. :smoke:

Comment

well they had the oem part number on that page...so i figured they were exact models

but keep us informed..as ill be using that site next summer when it is warm enough to paint my headlights

Comment

OK Fellas, got them installed this morning. They were so much like the OEM lights, I did not bother posting any pics, we all know what they look like. Quality is great, all wired up perfectly, fit just fine. They're a good deal! What else can you say?

In case you're wondering they are not EXACTLY the same. The letters formed in the plastic on the back are different, and instead of GM labels they have the offbrand labels. Otherwise, pretty hard to tell them apart.

Comment

sweet...hopefully price falls by next summer then

Comment

Working...
                              X