New Personal Best ET in my 07 GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Personal Best ET in my 07 GTP

So your saying theres a big difference with not having that in? if so im going to pull mine out and see whats up with that!!!!
    GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

The reason why I pulled the ABS fuse was because I was running with two differenent size tires on the car (17 inch drag radials on the front and 18 inch street tires on the back), and it was hampering my ability to perform a decent burnout. Even though I would turn the traction control off before my burnout, ABS would detect that the front tires were spinning at a different rate than the rear tires and would try to compensate.

If you're running the same size tire on both front and back then removing the fuse is probably unnecessary, and removing the ABS fuse won't necessarily make your car go faster, but it may make it easier to do a more consistent burnout.

Comment

I'm surprised your 60' isn't better. What was your best.
        07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
        FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
        "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

Actually I think 2.09 is a pretty good 60' considering that I'm racing a track that's almost 3,000 feet above sea level. The car is usually in the 2.10 - 2.13 range depending on the track and weather conditions. The drag radials that I'm using do a pretty good job of hooking up.

Comment

2.0 60 foot's not all that bad for a FWD car, with the DR's you should be able to do better.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Great work.

For the record, a Stage II SRT-4 will run a 9.2 at sea level in the 1/8th. Just sayin'

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
              Originally posted by shi-fu
              Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

Its awesome you bolted the tires on I'm just saying my best 60' is 2.08 on my stock tires. I had good track prep though.
                07 3.6 GTP sedan 1/8 9.1 @ 76.9 1/4 14.19 @ 97.4 muffler delete, dyno tune, intake, ported tb
                FWHP 230hp/235tq mustang dyno (before exhaust and ported TB)
                "I tell everybody its my wifes car!"

Comment

Working...
                X