possible bulletin for exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible bulletin for exhaust?

recently had my 10day old g6 (2008 4cyl sedan) in the shop for a strange moaning sound coming from the car. I only heard it when i immediately accelerated or when going at a low speed with a high rpm.
    turns out it was some sort of vibration coming from the exhaust system. My dealer told me it had been a problem for some of the 6cyl. but not on a 4cyl.
    they added a hanger and resonator(s) ?
    just curious if any of you guys have experienced this too?

Re: possible bulletin for exhaust?

Originally posted by theartist
    My dealer told me it had been a problem for some of the 6cyl. but not on a 4cyl.
    Uhh, I think he was wrong.

Aside from a crap paint job, I haven't had any issues with my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie4285
      Originally posted by theartist
      My dealer told me it had been a problem for some of the 6cyl. but not on a 4cyl.
      Uhh, I think he was wrong.
      i have no idea?... just what he told me.

Comment

ya i got a recall notice on the exhaust, but i never took it to get fixed cause i dont have the stock exhaust on anymore....
        A whole lot of mods and a freakin lesbo after me....
        Originally posted by 08blackgt
        hahaha i fukin love Darlene

Comment

there was a recall on the exhaust of some of the 6cyl.
          dont know off hand of any other exhaust bulletins

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12944

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

That looks like it came out a long time ago. My car was made in May 2008, so maybe that's why I'm just now hearing about it. I assume that means my car is safe.

Comment

yeah it came out almost a year ago and i think it was cars with the 3.5 in it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

my car was built in june of 08 and mine had the problem...

Comment

yyoud think they would fix that problem by now.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                  TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                  Show
                  -20% tint
                  -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                  -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by theartist View Post
                    recently had my 10day old g6 (2008 4cyl sedan) in the shop for a strange moaning sound coming from the car. I only heard it when i immediately accelerated or when going at a low speed with a high rpm.
                    turns out it was some sort of vibration coming from the exhaust system. My dealer told me it had been a problem for some of the 6cyl. but not on a 4cyl.
                    they added a hanger and resonator(s) ?
                    just curious if any of you guys have experienced this too?
                    My car (08 GT Convertible) had a whistle during the same type of acceleration. Dealer said this is typical, but only on the convertibles. It was replaced under warranty

Comment

Originally posted by connermt View Post
                      My car (08 GT Convertible) had a whistle during the same type of acceleration. Dealer said this is typical, but only on the convertibles. It was replaced under warranty
                      My '07 convertible had the same problem. They replaced the resonator under warranty a year and half ago. No problems since.

Comment

Ya mine had it and it was the resonator. Well that's what the dealer told me. So I got rid of it and havnt had the problem ever since.
                        Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Working...
                        X