X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP from WHP

Its basic math.

First off you’ll need to find the % of drive line loss.

Stock WHP x 100 / Stock Crank HP = Y (% of power hitting the pavement.)

Y + Q = 100 (So Q is the unknown here and when found it Q = % of drive line loss)

Example

300 WHP x 100 / 360 = 83%

83 + 17= 100
    17% drive line loss

With that number you can calculate CHP from WHP

WHP x 1.driveline loss (1.17) = Crank HP

Now this is just an approximate calculation it doesn’t take into account other variables.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Re: CHP from WHP

For all the people who want to know what their real numbers are!

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Am sticking you! :P

Oooo, just noticed you are already stickyed, was woundering why you didnt do it originally

Stupid eairly sunday mornings
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

What is our stock whp?
        My Car Domain
        Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Dunno, but I put out 223 with my mods, same engine you got.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
          4 door mafia
          93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
          8000k hid's
          Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
          Rotofab cai and radiator cover
          13.207@107.11
          330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

why would crank HP even matter? what you are putting to the ground is what is important. otherwise you are just trying to inflate how much HP your car has to try and look impressive.

Comment

hmmm whats the diff in the amount lost in a auto and a manual? i know supposedly that auto have more drivetrain loss but how much?
              Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

its either 20% or 30%

i don't remember.
                106,000 MILES!
                There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

Neat post, my brain doesnt calculate while on vacation though

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Ummmm...I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this is useful information based on the example given. What you have to do is dyno your car stock and compare that number to the listed CHP. Then when you mod it and dyno it again then you can estimate CHP (for e-bragging purposes only, of course :P ) based on the % you came up with for the stock #'s.

BTW the math is also a FAIL - if WHP=.83xCHP, CHP=1.2048xWHP, not 1.17xWHP
                    CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevey722
                      hmmm whats the diff in the amount lost in a auto and a manual? i know supposedly that auto have more drivetrain loss but how much?
                      On the G6 : Manual will lose between 14-17 Autos will lose between 20-25.

Front wheel drives won't lose as much as rear wheel drive, as an average of about 5% more is lost to the drive shaft/differential.

Having ultra light weight wheels can reduce some of that as well.

Comment

Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Working...
                        X