rotating tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotating tires

I never really rotated my tires on my 06 G6 and had to replace the two tires at 20,000 miles. My 08 GXP currently has 5800 miles and I got a warning from OnStar that I should rotate my tires. Is it worth the extra money to rotate the tires on my car. 95% of the travel in my car is on the freeway making my 140 mile trip to school a couple times a week. My car is getting the best gas mileage ever 24.9 miles to the gallon

Re: rotating tires

ummm you should always rotate your tires...keep them wearing evenly and makes them last longer

and for the love of everything do it yourself instead of paying somethign stupid for it....it is a few turns and a jack to do it

Comment

Ummm yeah what he said. Rotating tires has nothing to do with the type of driving you do. Freeway or city, tires need to be rotated every 6000 miles or so to compensate for imperfect alignment, balancing, etc.
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Rotating the tires with a single jack with a single spare and no air tools is the best workout ever!!

Perfect time to clean the fenders and check pads, suspension components, etc..

Comment

I never took off a tire but I could probably due a better job than the dealer can

Comment

if you can use a pencil, you can take a tire off.

the harder part is the jack. which is like using a computer

Comment

i rotate my tires every other oil change.

Chrome grilles,GM SB,HP Tuners Custom Tune,Mobil 1 Synthetic,15% tint,Custom GTP Floormats,Tinted Taillights, DS Stage 3, GXP Rims.

Comment

The people doing your oil changes should be doing this!
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteGTP06
                  i rotate my tires every other oil change.
                  Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                    they do!

Chrome grilles,GM SB,HP Tuners Custom Tune,Mobil 1 Synthetic,15% tint,Custom GTP Floormats,Tinted Taillights, DS Stage 3, GXP Rims.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteGTP06
                      Originally posted by Toyz
                      they do!

I was directing that at stacy

But thats good to know that your tires are rotated..
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I rotate mine like once a year. I'm too cheap to pay for a tire rotation.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                          I rotate mine like once a year. I'm too cheap to pay for a tire rotation.
                          takes me like 10mins to rotate my tires, i just dont do my own oil change

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                          Originally posted by ahuhn
                          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

dont they rotate every time you drive???????

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

yah its a lil harder that way but its a good work out though, going from the front back is easy but back to front is a lil harder

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Working...
                              X