X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rotating tires

Originally posted by snowmanG6
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    I rotate mine like once a year. I'm too cheap to pay for a tire rotation.
    takes me like 10mins to rotate my tires, i just dont do my own oil change
    I'm trying to come up with an excuse to buy new ones.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

dont rotate them theres ur excuse, cuz then they wear all funny and bald in spots

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
      Originally posted by ahuhn
      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I'm just kind of curious as to the TPS sensors. Are they programmed so that if say you put the back left tire on the front right and etc, would the TPS say that your front right tire is low, when really its your rear left? Or do they automatically know the position there in?

Edit: TPMS
        Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
        I <3 Cody.

No homo.
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

me too
          Originally posted by jnak
          Originally posted by WhiteGTP06
          i rotate my tires every other oil change.
          Me too.
          87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
          90 Eagle Talon TSI
          09 G6 Progression(New Car)
          My Progression

Comment

Originally posted by determined419
            I'm just kind of curious as to the TPS sensors. Are they programmed so that if say you put the back left tire on the front right and etc, would the TPS say that your front right tire is low, when really its your rear left? Or do they automatically know the position there in?

Edit: TPMS
            yes you would have to reset the TPMS when rotating the tires. you can use a TPMS tool or follow the procedure in the manual. Otherwise the tires would be reversed untill your next rotation. The procedure looks like a pain. no biggie if you don't do it, just know to check both on that side. I haven't rotated my tires yet though.
            Frank

Comment

alot of places rotate for free. so that is cheap
              Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              There's a page of leghumping afterwards

Comment

what is the proper rotation?

is it drop the front tires straight to the back

move the rears to the front and flip them?

My progression thread
                Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Extra money???

Grab that jack and wrench in the trunk, and get cracking. Instructions/rotating pattern in the manual.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani
                    Extra money???

Grab that jack and wrench in the trunk, and get cracking. Instructions/rotating pattern in the manual.
                    i did.
                    i was trying to remember the tire rotation pattern as I was sitting here thinking to myself that Im going to go rotate my tires.
                    Then I got to getting ready and remembered that it was in the manual

My progression thread
                    Car: Black 2007 G6 V6 Sedan
                    Done: Debadged, 20% tint, Stage 3/4 CRAB Intake, 08 radio w/aux, leather wheel and radio controls, DDM Tuning 6K HID's
                    In Process (waiting on the install): Black Window Trim, GTP rims, Red painted Calipers
                    Near Future: Red Angel Eyes, Cquence rotors, color matched headlights, LED tails+3rd brake light
                    Down the Road: WAMS tune

Comment

Working...
                    X