• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Question...

no not Transvestite... Transmission

i have a 2007 G6 V6

what tranny is in the GT?

i want to know if i can hook up the shifter with the autoshift function in my car...

i know the motor is the same... is the Trans the same? under the center console is there the hookup for the auto shift?

I did a search but there is way too many threads with Trans / Transmission / Shifter in it...

THANKS!!

Re: Tranny Question...

4t45e

turbo G6
    GA gt

Pontiact STL meet

V6

Comment

Originally posted by bainecotec
      4t45e

I think this tranny is for the 4 cylinder engine.....

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
        4t45e

No the 4T45E is the tranny mated to the 2.4 and the 3.5. The 4T65E is the tranny mated to the 3.9 and 3.6.

You might be able to adapt the manumatic feature to your tranny, but I dont know what all that involves nor do I think it'll be worth it.

turbo G6
        GA gt

Pontiact STL meet

V6

Comment

gonna need a TCM reflash and a new shifter base and the wiring at the very least

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by SmartGTP
            4t45e

No the 4T45E is the tranny mated to the 2.4 and the 3.5. The 4T65E is the tranny mated to the 3.9 and 3.6.

You might be able to adapt the manumatic feature to your tranny, but I dont know what all that involves nor do I think it'll be worth it.
            3.6 has a 6speed trans. 6T70

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
            TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
            Show
            -20% tint
            -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
            -Professionally heated seats

Comment

True, got ahead of myself.

turbo G6
              GA gt

Pontiact STL meet

V6

Comment

so has anyone lifted up the console and found a harness for the manumatic plug in? the shifter is cheap and what is really the difference between the TCMs?

As i understand it the cars are wired for all options... IE remote start and steering wheel controls it is just a matter of you hooking it up...

So is it possible with little effort

Comment

I've had mine up putting in a trim kit. I already have the tap shift but there is the plug in there. I haven't seen under the console of any other 6 other than mine so I'm not sure if one would be there or not.
                  Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
                  I <3 Cody.

No homo.
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

Not trying to highjack the thread, but how much torque can the the trannies from the 3.5 take?

2005 Pontiac G6 GT- K&N C.A.I, 20% Tints in back 35% in front, 5w30 Amsoil, K&N Oil Filter, Drilled and Dimpled rotors, Ceramic brake pads.
                    Future Mods: GT-R Exhaust, Tune, Tinted tail lights, Red interior lights, and more....
                    Theres a reason its called a legandary G6
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2674498

Comment

Originally posted by Legandary G6
                      Not trying to highjack the thread, but how much torque can the the trannies from the 3.5 take?

good question because i know if i add much more HP and TQ mine is gone its already acting weird

Comment

Originally posted by midnightG6GT
                        Originally posted by Legandary G6

good question because i know if i add much more HP and TQ mine is gone its already acting weird
                        all i knwo is the trans in the base v6 and i think mabe the LZ4 are right at there max hp. where the 3.9s had about 30hp room to work with. you can go another 10% over stock so a little more than 230/240 mabe?

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint
                        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

well im putting like 240 on average and i have peaked at like 258 to the crank

Comment

so basically we're allowed to do a couple bolt-ons and thats it for the tranny? what are some alternatives? any cheap, swappable trannies out there for the 3.5?

2005 Pontiac G6 GT- K&N C.A.I, 20% Tints in back 35% in front, 5w30 Amsoil, K&N Oil Filter, Drilled and Dimpled rotors, Ceramic brake pads.
                            Future Mods: GT-R Exhaust, Tune, Tinted tail lights, Red interior lights, and more....
                            Theres a reason its called a legandary G6
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2674498

Comment

Working...
                            X