Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Impala or Malibu, depending on which way GM goes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks like they took the CTS grill and put a bar with a bowtie through the middle of it. overall it looks nice...i'm just affraid that chevy is designing tomorrow's malibu to look like todays acura/toyota/whatever else it is being compared too.

Comment

thats still a FWD car FYI.. not RWD, the impala if anything else will be RWD, not the malibu, makes you wonder and hope the monte carlo is going back to its big muscle days of RWD glory

also, what RWD kick? not many cars are RWD from GM, dodge has put out more than anyone else really so if you wanna say anything it should be about them...
      Mod of http://www.EpsilonSport.com

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo
        also, what RWD kick? not many cars are RWD from GM, dodge has put out more than anyone else really so if you wanna say anything it should be about them...
        Camaro, Impala, MAYBE Monte Carlo, Grand Prix/G8/Whatever are all going to be RWD. It's rumoured that ALL of Pontiac's cars are going RWD as well.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
          Camaro, Impala, MAYBE Monte Carlo, Grand Prix/G8/Whatever are all going to be RWD. It's rumoured that ALL of Pontiac's cars are going RWD as well.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

and gm has how many other cars? these are just competition to keep up with the other american brand releases

Comment

i still see no AUX input jack on the radio....is GM really that stupid or do you think it will get added later?

Comment

The entry level Chevy Colbalts and Pontiac G5s have stereos that can play MP3 while our premium 8-speaker Monsoon system can't, so who knows how GM's mind is thinking.

Comment

[quote=El_Diablo]
                  Originally posted by "El_Diablo":unt5joof
                  and gm has how many other cars? these are just competition to keep up with the other american brand releases[/quote:unt5joof]

The point is that GM is going to have a large variety of RWD vehicles in the next few years. Basically everything that is mid-sized up is going to be RWD, and even some of the smaller cars will be.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                    The entry level Chevy Colbalts and Pontiac G5s have stereos that can play MP3 while our premium 8-speaker Monsoon system can't, so who knows how GM's mind is thinking.
                    The Cobalt/G5 is targetted at a younger generation of people who at tend to be more trendy. Also keep in mind that we have the older style "corporate" radio's in the epsilon cars, while the G5/Cobalt have a newer design. I guarantee that the next G6 (if one is made) will have MP3 and possibly an AUX input.

My dad's Santa Fe has MP3 as does my sister's new CR-V. I agree that GM missed the boat (once again) on this one.

sigpic

Comment

My dad's Santa Fe has MP3 as does my sister's new CR-V. I agree that GM missed the boat (once again) on this one.
                      i'm pretty sure that the boat backed over them several times and they still failed to notice it. hello 2007...new engine (yep), new transmission (yep), new 2mm hole in the radio face plate (nope).

Comment

We have to wait until the next generation G6 to come out in order to get the MP3/Aux-in capability? That will be at least 3 or more years. Who knows where audio technology will be at then? GM don't need to design a completely new MP3 stereo for the G6. Just make the current Colbalt/G5 stereo available for the G6, problem solved.

Although the Colbalt/G5 are targeted at the youth market, we are not exactly old geezers here. But I do seem to notice that most G6 sedan drivers are 35+ years old.

Comment

I'll keep my Monsoon over the tin can crap that the Cobalt / G5 use.

Anyway, the G5 / Cobalt have the DIC in the gauge cluster so they'd have to redesign the G6 gauge cluster in order to do that. I'm sure that'd be more expensive than just designing a new radio.

sigpic

Comment

I'll keep my Monsoon over the tin can crap that the Cobalt / G5 use.

Anyway, the G5 / Cobalt have the DIC in the gauge cluster so they'd have to redesign the G6 gauge cluster in order to do that. I'm sure that'd be more expensive than just designing a new radio.
                            Actually the Pioneer in my fiancee's G5 isn't that bad.

Comment

Comment

I like the interior, not too much change but enough for the better. Dunno why Chevy STILL can't make an auto shifter that doesn't look butt-ugly though.

Just as long as the top trim isn't called SS. Lately, I haven't even been comfortable with my GTP's name until I get some more power in this baby.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                                - DS S3 Intake
                                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Working...
                                X