Vector heat soak kit review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vector heat soak kit review

Do you have the DH? How can there be such a delay?
    Its just the sensor.....isnt the control on its readings housed in the ECM?
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
      yes I have the dashhawk, but I don't know about the control on its readings.

Before the VHSK on an 80 degree day and driving in stop and go traffic my IAT would stay at a constant 120-130 degrees and would never drop below 120 until I was able to get on the freeway and drive at highway speeds for over 30minutes.

After the VHSK on an 80degree day and driving in stop and go traffic my IAT would drop down to 80degrees within seconds of accelerating from a stop and would remain as such until I came to a complete stop and resumed sitting in traffic.

The VHSK doesn't "fool" anything with the pcm/ecm. Its simply a much more accurate sensor that adjusts almost instantaneously to the incoming air temp. I've also seen an increase in mpg, about 1-1.5 mpg's. But I have noticed less "sluggish" on a hot day when driving in stop and go traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
        Originally posted by Lampoon
        yes I have the dashhawk, but I don't know about the control on its readings.

Before the VHSK on an 80 degree day and driving in stop and go traffic my IAT would stay at a constant 120-130 degrees and would never drop below 120 until I was able to get on the freeway and drive at highway speeds for over 30minutes.

After the VHSK on an 80degree day and driving in stop and go traffic my IAT would drop down to 80degrees within seconds of accelerating from a stop and would remain as such until I came to a complete stop and resumed sitting in traffic.

The VHSK doesn't "fool" anything with the pcm/ecm. Its simply a much more accurate sensor that adjusts almost instantaneously to the incoming air temp. I've also seen an increase in mpg, about 1-1.5 mpg's. But I have noticed less "sluggish" on a hot day when driving in stop and go traffic.
        And thats EXACTLY what its supposed to do
        Chris White
        http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
        2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
        2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
        2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
        2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
        2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

my question is

wouldnt this be better served to have it in the 90 by the TB? as that is what degree air the engine is really getting after it comes thru the pipe. or am i just being silly?

Comment

I seriously doubt the air temp changes very much at all from one end the intake pipe to the TB though. That's a quick path. Unless position is the whole issue as far as a reading.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
            Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
              my question is

wouldnt this be better served to have it in the 90 by the TB? as that is what degree air the engine is really getting after it comes thru the pipe. or am i just being silly?
              At this point i don't think we have a lot of silly questions. This same subject is going on in like three threads. We just have to watch out for the silly answers.

I would guess it was placed near the MAF becuase it works in conjuntion with it for the best info and also it is just a lot easyer to do it there. It would seem to make sence to put it at the 90' because it is the air temp that is entering the engine. I had read some air temp testings of the air temp from the maf to the engine and they could not find a big enough diff from one end to the other to worry about. I have been trying to find those again.

Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
              It takes years to become a member of this elite group

Comment

my question is

The air is moving at such a rate that latent heat transfer isnt really an issue, BUT you want the sensor itself as far away from anything producing radiant heat IE the throttle body. If you can get it at a happy medium thats fine. The 90 by the TB probably wouldnt be that bad really, definately something someone needs to try.
                Chris White
                http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

my question is

My location JP.

G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                  Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                  Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                  20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

so yours has short ait huh

you think that works better ray?

Comment

I got dynoed yesterday for the hell of it and comparing the dyno results from a few months ago, my numbers averaged higher than last time with this HSRK on.

My desktop with the scanner is broke so I can post the graphs. Last time my highest was 180hp shown in the dyno forum. This time it was 186.5hp.
                      Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

so candy you can correctly say, that you gained 6 hp from this mod?

This is a good point about positioning the sensor closer to the TB, but why didn't GM put the MAF close to the TB to begin with? Cuz they suck? or some other magical engineering reason?
                        2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                        Black/Black coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jerrodmann

This is a good point about positioning the sensor closer to the TB, but why didn't GM put the MAF close to the TB to begin with? Cuz they suck? or some other magical engineering reason?
                          Yes sir I am verifying that my vehicle recovered 6hp from lack of corrective air temp. Also, the sheets showed my air temp to be roughly the temperature outside. They all recorded about 84 degrees I believe (I gotta go look at them) and this was in the shade of course. I don't know if this is of any relevance though.
                          Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

Comment

Originally posted by candypaint
                            Originally posted by jerrodmann

Yes sir I am verifying that my vehicle recovered 6hp from lack of corrective air temp. Also, the sheets showed my air temp to be roughly the temperature outside. They all recorded about 84 degrees I believe (I gotta go look at them) and this was in the shade of course. I don't know if this is of any relevance though.
                            candypaint
                            Please clear somthing up for me, where did you install the new ait sensor on your intake system.

Official Member of The O.H.M. Group
                            It takes years to become a member of this elite group

Comment

If you have a CAB with the K&N, punch a hole in the end rubber and place the sensor there. That would be the coolest air available.
                              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                              Forge Motorsports BPV
                              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                                If you have a CAB with the K&N, punch a hole in the end rubber and place the sensor there. That would be the coolest air available.
                                I placed it where all the pictures in the threads regarding this thing have put it. Right where Kman said to.

Comment

Working...
                                X