This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official embarrassing G6 loss race thread

We all have had embarrassing losses before in our G6! Time to post them up to share with rest of us! We are all adults here and can laugh at our selfs Dumb, stuipid mistakes if we share there might be something we done by mistake and can learn from!
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: Official embarrassing G6 loss race thread

I will start off......

Was x-mas day about 20 degrees F out and sunny. Going to my GFs around noon time, no one on the road at all. I hit a light and coming up behind me was a V6 Camaro 2000-02 style. First light goes and I accalerate hard and then he want to play (he has his GF in the car with him too) I floor it at 30 mph and blow his doors off.......... Caught a 2nd light (heres all went bad ) I have the horrible LS2 tires and 20 degrees out. I turn off TC with a PCM/TCM tune. I raise my RPMs and he doesnt his GF is ugly looking and laughing...... Light turns I just sit there burning the hell out of my tires going no where The camaro just chearps his tires and gets full traction. I sit at his passanger door the whole time...... To 55 where he stopped completely. Am next to him felling just plain dumb and embarrassed. Then the guy does the dumbest thing for his "victory dance" Floors it next to me pulls ahead (am not playing this time just cruising) then in front of me waves his index finger at me like dont try it again am better then you are then throws his ciggrette out the window at me...... he pulled off the next turn off..... what a dick head on top of the loss to a 3800 V6 camaro on xmas day.......

Learned, wih LS2 tires with PCM-TCM tune and cold out... DONT turn off TC.....

2013 Mustang GT
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

thats a good one i have some good ones to but im short on time so ill tell everyone later

Comment

well this one just happened today, i was sitting at my usual racing light when a new Impala SS pulled up with 2 business men around 40ish in side. the passenger glanced over while they were talking, so i figured on the light if he took off i would. the light changed and smoke went everywhere he just sat there buring rubber, i was shocked because i honestly didn't think he would do that. by the time i hit the gas he caught traction and was on his way, he beat me but i held my own.

Comment

too bad you don't have GTP or you would have embarassed him in front of his friends
          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

i dont need a GTP i beat stock GTP is was just to busy staring/daydreaming and got a horribles start

Comment

lol..what mods you have?
              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

93 octane vector ecm/tcm - tuned to shift harder than usual, custom dual exhaust, and stage 4 CAI/CAB. i can take GTP's as long as they are stock

Comment

Originally posted by midnightG6GT
                  93 octane vector ecm/tcm - tuned to shift harder than usual, custom dual exhaust, and stage 4 CAI/CAB. i can take GTP's as long as they are stock
                  I can belive that, the 3900/3.6L from the factory stock is a neat car but after seeing how much on the 3.6L and the 3900s is left behind from the factory. GM "could" have prob made a HO 3500 version for GTP with the 4spd automatic 3.69 gears, "factory" high flow exhaust, "factory" CAI, and an agressive tune like you have on the VVT 3500.

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                    Originally posted by midnightG6GT
                    I can belive that, the 3900/3.6L from the factory stock is a neat car but after seeing how much on the 3.6L and the 3900s is left behind from the factory. GM "could" have prob made a HO 3500 version for GTP with the 4spd automatic 3.69 gears, "factory" high flow exhaust, "factory" CAI, and an agressive tune like you have on the VVT 3500.
                    GM should have released the 3 valve heads.
                    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                    Forge Motorsports BPV
                    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                      should have released the 3 valve heads.
                      YES! they should have...... I was really convenced when I bought mine in 06 on some articals where hinting at 3900 going 3V. I thought the GTP would stay 3900 2V till 09-2010 then the next 3900 GTP would be 3V then, I was WAY off on that

2013 Mustang GT
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I got smoked by a bike once...

I smiled smiled and nodded at him at the lights... it turned, we gassed... He was at about 60% throttle I'd say, while I'm at full and then he just opens up and leaves me.. We caught the next set and he just gave thumbs up before burning off again.

Was pretty funny.... this was right after i got the car, so I was 100% stock and I had the top down too. Was good times lol.

I haven't gotten into a lot of pulls tho and none since getting my performance mods complete.

Hopefully this summer will be a good one.
                        The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Yes bike can embarass most cars lol

Nice to see people not being dicks either to you in a frendly run, those are the best ones even if you lose

2013 Mustang GT
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

orange cobalt SS the exact same color as my car =\
                            red srt-4 =(
                            i fell to the back bumper on both of them once their beautiful forced induction hit

later yesterday on my way back from playing with them i ran into a little modified focus (ew)
                            the only time we had to race was from 45...i was chillin in third and didnt feel like putting the clutch all the way in so i just floored it in third. he pulled on me for 1.5 seconds then i started pulling really hard and... he let off. i didnt even get to pass him. should have been unlazy and dropped down to 2nd... i'm assuming he thinks he won =\

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Modified Integra Type R at the Immokalee track (1/ mile. I dont know the entirety of the mods, but the girl said it was "intake and exhaust". Lost the race by about 1/4 car, but still... ITS AN INTEGRA

Now she is a very hot (and slutty) blonde, so it wasn't all bad. BUT STILL IT WAS AN INTEGRA

This was of course before my V8 engine swap

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
                              Originally posted by shi-fu
                              Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

Working...
                              X