• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official embarrassing G6 loss race thread

exactly. it was a new Si too.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Well, for my sake........I'm hoping that it was a Mazda 3 Speed. Actually, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
      20% Tint all around, Custom Intake, Chrome Overlays, 4" Tips, Red Map/Dome Lights

Comment

lol good idea..who wants to say they lost to a Mazda 3? I have 2 friends who have an SRT4 and the Mazdaspeed 3 who have them modded to the tits...I can't wait to see them at the track this year

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
        - JL 1000.1 Amp
        - JL 12" W7
        - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

camaro SS, newer model-ish
          from a dig i took him through second then when i got into third he pulled past me and after he got a car in front we both let off... torque curve FTW! yeah vvt =D

Fusion Orange Metallic Owner? Click!

Comment

Originally posted by CjLink
            from a dig i took him through second then when i got into third he pulled past me and after he got a car in front we both let off... torque curve FTW! yeah vvt =D
            I wouldn't call that embarrassing. They are a tough car to beat stock.
            Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Originally posted by earlbaer
              yeah that doesn't qualify as embarrasing in my book. The fact you even kept up with him for a little bit is kinda impressive. You prolly had him going WTF? for a bit until you hit 3rd. I'd say losing to LS1 camaro or firebird is more embarrasing for a mustang than it is for us.

Comment

yeah...i guess it's not that bad. it sounded as though he may have been shifting a little early or maybe he was just toying with me at 3/4 throttle or something...

Comment

Well it wasn't to embarrassing because i knew i was going to lose, but both Jim (imsweetandsuch) and i were amazed at how hard he pulled from 115. it was a new model mustang gt with stick, exhaust and other mods. we took a break from woodward and i hopped on the express way when we both gassed it we got to about 115, from there it looked like he down shifted and just ripped past me, it was fun

Comment

These non vvt 3.5's sure are slow.
                    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

Originally posted by earlbaer
                      I agree not embarrassing. I knew the guy would win. Last night we were at a stop light, rolled to about even, then I floored it knowing he wanted to play. I had him for a second....that was it. Lol, he was modded out the ass too. Dude was nice but it was dark so I don't think he saw me give him a thumbs up.
                      Current: Kicker L7 12" with Sundown Amp, DrS CAB, GT-R Exhaust, 93 VMS ECU, red LED interior, 20% tint all around, blinging wheels, Red Calipers, tinted tails, angel eyes, 8000k HIDs, Eibachs Pro Springs, MPD Hood, custom mounted front door speakers

August East Coast Meet Thread

Comment

I went to the track today in the GTO for the first time and learned that I have a lot to learn about launching it.

Comment

those things seem to be impossible to launch for some reason... i have yet to see someone get under a 2.1 60ft up here, and i see fbody ls1s break under 2 constantly... maybe it's the suspension? yours auto or manual? ls1 or ls2? i dont remember what you had sorry... if it's auto one of the nicest things you can invest in is a good trans-brake that'll let you rev up while stomping on the break keeping the tranny from engaging and launch at an exact RPMs you want to... a couple of people i know here have them on their fbody camaros that run 9s and 10s...watching them launch is spectacular

Comment

It's an LS1 with the A4. My best 60 was 2.184 out of 4 runs. I just couldn't get any grip at all. It wasn't crazy spinning, but it slowed it down a good bit. It seemed to leave well but when the rpm's got to about 3500 the tires just wanted to spin. I didn't even try doing it with the TC on. That cuts out a lot of power in this car.

Comment

drop your tire pressure 10 psi from where you are, enjoy added grip
                              dont forget to roast them just a little top =D

it seriously helps, i keep mine at 32 front (front wheel drive obviously) on a normal day and drop down to 24 when i go to the strip. its the difference between a 2.4 and a 2.2... so drop down those rears to 22-24ish and put an extra 2-4 in your fronts and you should have a little easier time... good luck, hope it helps!

Comment

Yea I was still up around 30 psi. I also think I was not spinning them far enough out side of the water box. Maybe the tires were still wet. I don't know I have a lot going through my head about it right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X