X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official embarrassing G6 loss race thread

Originally posted by stahlight
    Modified Integra Type R at the Immokalee track (1/ mile. I dont know the entirety of the mods, but the girl said it was "intake and exhaust". Lost the race by about 1/4 car, but still... ITS AN INTEGRA

Now she is a very hot (and slutty) blonde, so it wasn't all bad. BUT STILL IT WAS AN INTEGRA

This was of course before my V8 engine swap
    what year integra? and was the type R with the big factory wing?

Comment

long story short:

me-0, supercharged Corolla- 1

Comment

A carolla? I bet you didn't see that one coming
        Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

Not in the least bit

But we stopped and talked and I applauded him on the work he had done to it...

Comment

heh.... not a g6.... but this sure was embarrassing.

Friend in his Cobalt SS/SC with a few mods ;-) smoked a new gen Corvette the other day.

He gave the guy thumbs-down when he caught up.

Imagine... driving a corvette with your lady in the passenger seat and being smoked by a 4 banger.
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Got beat by one of those new Infinitys.
              I need a tune.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                Got beat by one of those new Infinitys.
                I need a tune.
                A tune against a new infinity (G37 am guessing) wont help
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                  Modified Integra Type R at the Immokalee track (1/ mile. I dont know the entirety of the mods, but the girl said it was "intake and exhaust". Lost the race by about 1/4 car, but still... ITS AN INTEGRA

Now she is a very hot (and slutty) blonde, so it wasn't all bad. BUT STILL IT WAS AN INTEGRA

No wing. But I am guessing "exhaust" refered to headers, no cats, 3" pipe and fart can. Plus probably a tune and a CAI.

2007 Member of the Year - Blue Man Group
                  Originally posted by shi-fu
                  Panda, we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears...

Comment

Ok, I was driving back to work, and I pulled up beside a silver 2007 Dodge Charger R/T with nice rims. The light turned green and we both kinda gaver...as if to say I'm faster then you..the next light was red, so we exchanged 'the look' and on green we gaver. At first we were totally even, I couldn't believe it..then midway 2nd gear he took off and had me by 2.5 car lengths before I hit 3rd..then I gave up, realizing I had absolutely no chance of winning unless he crashed or something. I didn't feel too bad though, considering the Charger has 340hp and 390lb-ft and weighs 3800lbs...and I'm pushing 200hp and 220lb-ft and weighing 3300...the extra 500lbs for the Charger didn't matter since he had 140 additional hp on me....all in all, I respect the R/T's now....and I just bluntly fear the SRT8..

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                    - JL 1000.1 Amp
                    - JL 12" W7
                    - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle

No wing. But I am guessing "exhaust" refered to headers, no cats, 3" pipe and fart can. Plus probably a tune and a CAI.
                      well the type R teg's that they sold here (the one with the 4 round headlights) made almost 200hp stock. So with some mods and given the fact that its a relatively light car I can see that happening. I was asking about the wing cause they came stock from the factory with a huge wing.

Teg's are actually a halfway decent car in the GSR or Type R trim. The GSR makes around 167hp.

Comment

Last night, driving back home from the gym. It's about 10:00 p.m. on a two lane, dark ass road. I'm cruising at the speed limit of 55 mph and notice headlights coming onto me pretty fast. I don't think much of it since about a mile ahead is a stop light anyways. Before I know it, he/she is at my bumper and passing me. I'm like WTF....... and punch it (I have an auto and I wasn't in tap shift mode), but this mofo still ends up passing me. As it goes by, I notice that it's a Mazda 3 and I let off of the gas because there were cars starting to come in the opposite direction and I wasn't trying to get anybody killed. But even if I would have stayed on the pedal, I had no chance of getting back in front of it at this point because it had already passed me and I was still flooring it. So after going to the gym and feeling all manly, I went home feeling like a little bitch.
                        I have an '06 GTP and the only performance mod that I have is a cone filter in place of the stock airbox with a heat shield. Is something wrong here?
                        20% Tint all around, Custom Intake, Chrome Overlays, 4" Tips, Red Map/Dome Lights

Comment

don't feel bad, it might have been the Mazda Speed Mazda 3....in which case they have a 263hp and 280lb-ft of tourqe in a car which weighs 3200 pounds...its a little powerhouse that car is. so don't feel bad that he passed you, he woulda passed pretty much every G6 out there...not to mention he had a little momentum behind him from behind you.

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                          - JL 1000.1 Amp
                          - JL 12" W7
                          - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

I can take on a base 2.0 Mazda 3 with my base 3.5 V6 but have lost to a 2.3 Mazda 3s. So now I know I wouldn't stand a chance against a Mazda-speed 3. These things are pocket-rockets.

Comment

Honda civic. I was coming up to a red light on a highway where the civic was waiting in the other lane. The light turned green so I kept accelerating from about 30 mph on. I was in tapshift mode, and was still fairly new to it, and I've never driven a stick before. I was in 3rd and shifted into 4th, when I really should have downshifted, cuz the civic passed me right up at about 60mph and put his stupid flashers on.
                              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                                Honda civic. I was coming up to a red light on a highway where the civic was waiting in the other lane. The light turned green so I kept accelerating from about 30 mph on. I was in tapshift mode, and was still fairly new to it, and I've never driven a stick before. I was in 3rd and shifted into 4th, when I really should have downshifted, cuz the civic passed me right up at about 60mph and put his stupid flashers on.
                                GTP loss to civic
                                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                                X