X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official embarrassing G6 loss race thread

Did you see the turbo?

Looked like a 3.6L manual where the guy didnt launch right or shift right. As i dont know why that engine would have turbo lag, it wasnt built for a turbo and there should have been plenty of down low power on the 3.6L

And thats looks what the 305 HP v6 Camaro would do aginst a G6 3.5L
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

u could hear the damn thing and i asked him if it was turbo'd
      Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
      JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

I test drove the V6 and the V8 camaro before buying the G8. And for a V6 the camaro was pretty quick. I don't see him having a turbo on that though.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

not sure if i ever said this....i lost to an old beat up minivan.
          to justify that, sometimes i forget im driving using the autostick, because i naturally drive off in 2nd gear (got a lead foot, so this helps prevent speeding)
          well this kid wanted to race me in his van, and i of course forgot i was using the stick....forgot to shift, by the time i was in 2nd or 3rd gear he was already pretty far ahead

Comment

This was unintentional... at first. Everyday, after a stressful day at work, I drive home and I give the G6 a workout. At every stop, I give it heavy gas (pedal a little more than halfway down but not enough to chirp the tires.) to hear my engine kicking. So seeing me do that, some guy in a pickup truck that I didnt even see pulls up next to me. The red light we stopped at turns green and I hear his engine open up. I, for some reason, didn't get on the gas hard at all as I looked to the side. I saw the old, rusty, single cab garbo can and I'm like, "oh heck no." I punched it and the torque launched me infront of him about half a car length. Well, when he was almost out of 2nd gear and going into third, the horsepower of V6 (chevy) or V8 (all other) trucks really kicks in and he left me with my foot almost in the floor. I didn't really expect my 2.4 to even hang with the first gear of a pickup the way it did but even after that, I was still impressed with my 6. Can't wait to get a tune, dual exhaust, and an intake to see how much that throttle response increases lol.

I do not support street racing, however, some people have to be put in the rear view mirror at times.
            Last edited by Sovereign; 02-24-2012, 08:17 AM.
            sigpic
            Mods to come: STB, Coilovers, (debating) new wheels and tires, Intake w/ tune, (as soon as the valance gets here) custom exhaust.

My avatar. That is all...

Comment

It happens when caught off gaurd!

Just think if that truck is a real rust bucket and is from the eairly 80s, your 2.4L prob has as much or more HP then it does!

2013 Mustang GT
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
                It happens when caught off gaurd!

Just think if that truck is a real rust bucket and is from the eairly 80s, your 2.4L prob has as much or more HP then it does!
                Oh trust me, very soon my 2.4 is going to have a lot more HP than a lot of local vehicles here. When I have enough money to finish my exhaust and get a tune, its night night to anything thats stock v6 and under. Funny thing is it had caked on dirt and when he punched it, a cloud of black smoke, that looked like a blatant violation of EPA emissions laws, came out. Truck won't last much longer on its last leg with that going on LOL.
                sigpic
                Mods to come: STB, Coilovers, (debating) new wheels and tires, Intake w/ tune, (as soon as the valance gets here) custom exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                  Oh trust me, very soon my 2.4 is going to have a lot more HP than a lot of local vehicles here. When I have enough money to finish my exhaust and get a tune, its night night to anything thats stock v6 and under. Funny thing is it had caked on dirt and when he punched it, a cloud of black smoke, that looked like a blatant violation of EPA emissions laws, came out. Truck won't last much longer on its last leg with that going on LOL.
                  The black smoke means it was probably a diesel son.
                  07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
                  05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                    Not only a diesel, but heavily modded too. Probably intake, exhaust, bigger fuel pump, and a programmer. For you to keep up with a diesel in first gear is nothing. Diesels 1st and 2nd gears are basically nothing and just hop.
                    Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
                    2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
                    2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Wert842 View Post
                      Not only a diesel, but heavily modded too. Probably intake, exhaust, bigger fuel pump, and a programmer. For you to keep up with a diesel in first gear is nothing. Diesels 1st and 2nd gears are basically nothing and just hop.
                      Yeah my buddy has an 06 Ford F-250 Turbo diesel with and intake, exhaust, fuel pump, programmer and a bigger turbo. It sounds beastly and puffs that black smoke!
                      07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
                      05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

Originally posted by Wert842 View Post
                        Yeah once it was in the middle of 2nd that was history lol
                        sigpic

Comment

i was cruising down a 2 lane road just minding my own, and this Rav4 came up on me and was like a hemroid. they had several chances to pass me and go on but just kept riding me really close, so when he did decide to go i "wasn't going to let him around i mean it's a rav 4. we were at 35mph and i punched it and well i got left in the dust, i thought my car was feeling sluggish the past few days but maybe not, i havn't played with the manual shit option that much maybe that would have made a difference
                          2007 G6 GT, 20% WINDOW TINT, VENT VISORS, INTEGRAL DUAL EXHAUST W/ DUAL VALANCE, MORE TO COME

1999 SUPERDUTY ECLB 4X4 POWERSTROKE, GQSSB TURBO, HIBRID INJECTORS, COMP VALVE SPRINGS, ARP HEAD STUDS, SOUTHBEND STAGE II CLUTCH, 4" TURBO BACK EXHAUST, ELECTRIC FUEL W/ REGULATED RETURN, SRPI HPOP

Comment

So omw home tonight just relaxing cruise control and this stang pulls up 02 style tinted windows. i look over cant see the driver because of his tint but he's just hanging next to me so i accelerated a bit and he kept up so i said what the hell and punched it. classic comedy sound rolls through my head wuaaa wuaaaaa as i hear oh whats that a F***ing supercharger opening up a can and putting my 3.5 in its place. oh well i love my car but the sound of a blown v8 is godly.

Comment

I was on the 10/5 interchange freeway heading to csu los anglees with my music crank to the fullest. the entire way this asshole in a 2012 911 gts was acting like speed racer, I paid him no attention, I was switching lanes as I always do to get to the campus faster. and I'm good at it because I've been doing it a while. SOOO anyways he gets left in the dust by my superior traffic tetris skillz and I guess takes that as a challenge. once he does catch up to me we head for the same 10 freeway exit that was coming up. I accelerate and beat him out for a lane change. i GUESS at this point this guy is fuming and foaming at the mouth with anger at my superior driving skill. he puts his 911 into what had to be 2nd gear at 60-70mphand BLOOOWWWWSSSS BY ME completely drowns out my music which was at full blast to the point where i couldn't even hear anything but his engine. what an asshole he's overcompensating for something...i wonder what

Comment

Originally posted by Drakon543 View Post
                                So omw home tonight just relaxing cruise control and this stang pulls up 02 style tinted windows. i look over cant see the driver because of his tint but he's just hanging next to me so i accelerated a bit and he kept up so i said what the hell and punched it. classic comedy sound rolls through my head wuaaa wuaaaaa as i hear oh whats that a F***ing supercharger opening up a can and putting my 3.5 in its place. oh well i love my car but the sound of a blown v8 is godly.

Probably was the Cobra withe the terminator v8 supercharged engine. There a mean car stock with 400 HP. Give my 5.0 a run for its money.

2013 Mustang GT
                                Brembo brake package
                                420 HP 5.0L
                                Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X