AC Delco stuff any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AC Delco stuff any good?

I learned this time, I replaced my stock rotors with the Powerslots before I even hit 5000 KM.

Comment

Good to know, but is there any online retailer that sells them (plus Hawk pads) at a decent price?

Comment

I know people are going to hop on me for this, but go with whatever brakes you can get for a low price. Notice I didnt say cheap, cheap brakes will give you problems. Bought my 6 about a month ago and when I got it used, I had warped rotors, and they were the ACD replacements. I went down to my local advanced auto and bought some wearever gold for the fronts and the back. Also bought new rotors in their brand. They work just fine, and they are ceramic pads (front and rear). The only thing that got to me about them was the pad backing. They viberate like nobodys business. So save yourself a step and get the disk brake quiet and put it on before you install. This way you wont have to take them back off in a week and put it on. But back to the original point. Unless you are one of those people who gun it from red light to red light, these regular pads will work for you. I have used them on every car I have owned, and they have never let me down, and they come with a 1 time replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiguy
          Good to know, but is there any online retailer that sells them (plus Hawk pads) at a decent price?

what do you consider a decent price?

Comment

Or you can upgrade in stages....get Hawk pads first, turn the OEM rotors for smoothness, then upgrade to powerslots...

At least, that is going to be my route.

Comment

That's not ideal.

Comment

EBC quality performance replacement parts. Thats what I'm ordering next. They have slotted/dimpled rotors for the G6/Malibu in black zinc coating and silver coating. I'm gonna get the black ones that go awesome with my red calipers. and then a set of brake pads as well.. 222.44 for the front set 11.7" and 181.67 for the rear set 10.6"

I just did a mock order..and it came to about 555 and some change for a the front rotors, rear rotors, and front and rear sets of pads...
                CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
                Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
                Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
                Pooners C.R.A.B.
                2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
                EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
                Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
                Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                  That's not ideal.

Why?

At least a performance pad will work better than the crappy OEM ones....right?

Why not?

Comment

what he means is that its not a good idea to put a brand new pad on a worn rotor..even if its cut and smooth..and then later change the rotor because between the time that you drive with that new pad and cut rotor to the time that you put the new rotors in the pad would be shaping to the existing rotor. The best way would be to change the rotors and pads all at once..believe me thats the way im going to do it as at 30000+ miles i feel how warped my rotors are..and they suck bad at decelerating from 60 to 0
                    CarDomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2932943

2006 'SS' Malibu
                    Tune Time ECM/TCM tune
                    Injen Clone Stage 4 Intake
                    Pooners C.R.A.B.
                    2 1/2" Borla Cat-Back Exhaust
                    EBC Slotted/Cross Dimpled Rotors w/ Red stuff Pads
                    Est. 227 HP 224 Torque at wheels
                    Est. 267 HP 263 Torque at crank

Comment

yea I totally agree..my G6 has 44000 on it, and it is very prominate when decelerating quickly..it feels warped, not appreciated..I might have to get new brakes when I get rims n lowered!

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
                      - JL 1000.1 Amp
                      - JL 12" W7
                      - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

ADVANCE GOLD PADS ARE NOT CERAMIC PADS,THE BENDIX ARE ,YOU SHOULD USE CERAMIC PADS WHEN YOU HAVE CROSS DRILLED ROTORS,SEMI METALLIC PADS EAT UP THE CROSS DRILLED ROTORS LIKE CRAZY,DONT GET SLOTTED ROTORS THERE DESIGNED TO SCRAPE OFF A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR PAD EVERY TIME YOU STEP ON THEM,IN PERFORMANCE CARS THE SLOTS CLEAN OFF THE GLAZING ON THE PADS ,ON STREET CARS IT JUST WEARS THEM OUT QUICKLY.

Comment

AREEEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUU SURRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE?

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                            Originally posted by Swiguy

what do you consider a decent price?
                            I think in the area of $150 for each pair of rotors. Plus pads so maybe $400 tops for all rotors and pads?

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevelle
                              I know people are going to hop on me for this, but go with whatever brakes you can get for a low price. Notice I didnt say cheap, cheap brakes will give you problems. Bought my 6 about a month ago and when I got it used, I had warped rotors, and they were the ACD replacements. I went down to my local advanced auto and bought some wearever gold for the fronts and the back. Also bought new rotors in their brand. They work just fine, and they are ceramic pads (front and rear). The only thing that got to me about them was the pad backing. They viberate like nobodys business. So save yourself a step and get the disk brake quiet and put it on before you install. This way you wont have to take them back off in a week and put it on. But back to the original point. Unless you are one of those people who gun it from red light to red light, these regular pads will work for you. I have used them on every car I have owned, and they have never let me down, and they come with a 1 time replacement.
                              Yeah, I was thinking of just dropping by a local auto shop and see what "decent" brands they have available. I may go with Powerslots if the price was right I would consider them...

Comment

Originally posted by SSsuperstar
                                EBC quality performance replacement parts. Thats what I'm ordering next. They have slotted/dimpled rotors for the G6/Malibu in black zinc coating and silver coating. I'm gonna get the black ones that go awesome with my red calipers. and then a set of brake pads as well.. 222.44 for the front set 11.7" and 181.67 for the rear set 10.6"

I just did a mock order..and it came to about 555 and some change for a the front rotors, rear rotors, and front and rear sets of pads...
                                Aren't Powerslot producst in the same price range? I can't remember exactly but I recall seeing front Powerslot rotors being around $250ish. Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X