This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ROTM Banter

From what I've heard there is an issue going on with June '13 ROTM. I've heard that the voting was rigged or something. Can you Lampoon gives the intel as to why or how about this? If there is something somebody slipped up on that's understandable. It's been something Sway, myself and few others have been wondering.
    Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
    Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

It was rigged because I missed the vote....
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
        It was rigged because I missed the vote....
        I doubt it was rigged.

However I do know for a definitive fact that Woodbury can track on the forums the posts that were done on the poll, if the poll selection has a IP address that is consistent with one location it will show up. Sometime people think they are sneaky by using two or 3 computers at their house however the problem is their cable/dsl modem or whatever device they use from their ISP is still only one public IP address so the sneaky fucker (pardon my french) would be a victim of his own stupidity. However as stated above only Woodbury or Lampoon could verify this claim since they DO have access to this sort of information in the Administrative pane of this website.

If I'm blowing hot smoke and this is in-fact legit, perhaps letting foolishly thinking clever people the truth might make it more difficult to forge a poll in the future.. Plus if someone is that convinced to foul up a vote that pretty fuck up to say the least. The only way this could be fooled is will IP spoofing and/or pretty advanced hacker/networking tools and I doubt many people here know how to do this.... I do however I'm a honest person. Lampoon and Woodbury both know there is more than meets the eye with me.
        Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

All I was trying to do was keep it going... I didn't think it would turn into this. If there was something I was suppose to do to let you see the voted you should have told me to do it of you were worried about it being rigged. But I can assure you I didn't rig nor do I know how if I were try.
          sigpic

**08 GXP Progression**

Comment

Originally posted by SWAYD3 View Post
            All I was trying to do was keep it going... I didn't think it would turn into this. If there was something I was suppose to do to let you see the voted you should have told me to do it of you were worried about it being rigged. But I can assure you I didn't rig nor do I know how if I were try.
            I don't think were saying your in the wrong sway. I think right now its just rumors and for what its worth its appreciated you step up!
            Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Comment

Well thank you! Just trying to help out. I was waiting for this to get cleared up before starting the next one.
              sigpic

**08 GXP Progression**

Comment

Would it not be easier to just make multiple accounts and vote on each account rather then hacking into the thread?
                sigpic
                Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

Originally posted by Trompii View Post
                  Would it not be easier to just make multiple accounts and vote on each account rather then hacking into the thread?
                  figuratively I suppose it's possible however if they are on numerous computers on different account on the same network it wouldn't really matter, it's all leave the same network on the same public IP. Unless of course they route traffic across different IP's but then again that would be hard. Most ISP issue blocks of 8 IP's so even if it was a different IP but in a /16 subnet it wouldn't help. They would literally have to be at different locations with a different ISP on different accounts for it to work.... You got to remember even if it was also a different IP on the same ISP, the public IP would chance still be the same public ip just having the last 2 octets different.

Like I said it would be pretty hard, and if they did, really just to rig a poll?
                  Last edited by Deathmage; 07-07-2013, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Ya but if they were in an apartment complex, like me lol, and have a TON of WEP encrypted networks, can't they use the same computer, easily hack into each one just to switch internet providers and IP's?
                    sigpic
                    Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

I have reviewed the votes and overall there are two suspicious votes which may or may not be valid.
                      Even discarding these RedMoon Roku had an extremely large margin of victory.

My hats is off to RedMoon Roku on his awesome beast and his much deserved win for ROTM June 2013!

On a side note there are a couple of questionable votes every time we do this so this was nothing unusual or tainted.

Congrats! Where is July at SWAY3D?
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

It's coming don't worry lol
                        sigpic

**08 GXP Progression**

Comment

I have an idea with ROTM. We should have a thread where people can post their latest picture and description about their automobile so we can see everyone in one place. We can nominate them much easier then trying to remember cars that we liked. Cuz I want to nominate a couple cars but do not remember who their owners are and I do not want to start searching all the threads to see if I can find them, so it is kind of difficult. I know we have progressions but its still time consuming to search all of them. And not that many people post their latest pics in their garage anymore. I'm just saying, it would be a lot easier.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trompii View Post
                            I have an idea with ROTM. We should have a thread where people can post their latest picture and description about their automobile so we can see everyone in one place. We can nominate them much easier then trying to remember cars that we liked. Cuz I want to nominate a couple cars but do not remember who their owners are and I do not want to start searching all the threads to see if I can find them, so it is kind of difficult. I know we have progressions but its still time consuming to search all of them. And not that many people post their latest pics in their garage anymore. I'm just saying, it would be a lot easier.
                            Agreed!
                            sigpic

**08 GXP Progression**

Comment

Along with what Trompii said, I am apart of the R6-Forum.com and they have it set up so that everyone who is interested in participating in ROTM makes a thread in the ROTM forum about their car. So instead of someone nominating you only because they came across your car, the participant can create a submission page and nominators will have a place to look instead of trying to search around. In this thread they will create a title displaying their user name and car and what month we they are submitting for. The tread will also include pictures, description, and why they should win. The pictures could even be limited to 4 to keep it clean. Same with submissions, It could be kept clean by branching off the submissions into separate sub-forums within the original ROTM forum, and then in those have the threads for the submissions and so on. What ya think?
                              sigpic

**08 GXP Progression**

Comment

Originally posted by SWAYD3 View Post
                                Along with what Trompii said, I am apart of the R6-Forum.com and they have it set up so that everyone who is interested in participating in ROTM makes a thread in the ROTM forum about their car. So instead of someone nominating you only because they came across your car, the participant can create a submission page and nominators will have a place to look instead of trying to search around. In this thread they will create a title displaying their user name and car and what month we they are submitting for. The tread will also include pictures, description, and why they should win. The pictures could even be limited to 4 to keep it clean. Same with submissions, It could be kept clean by branching off the submissions into separate sub-forums within the original ROTM forum, and then in those have the threads for the submissions and so on. What ya think?
                                Come on SWAYD3, lets make that thread, I would make it but don't know how to do all the cool hyperlinks and such, I dont want it to be a regular thread, know what I mean?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X