This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ROTM Banter

I have to tell the truth on this one. I thought for sure this thread was going to be all bitching and moaning. I am very glad to see you are making some progress here and I like where this seems to be headed.

....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

to the members of G6P for having a productive discussion on something for once!
      2009 PONTIAC G8
      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

If it wasn't Toyz would've killed everyone here

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
          Originally posted by ragingfish
          I agree I think people need to be more of an active member to be nominated.... I do however somewhat disagree on the performance and appearance mods.... Don't get me wrong I think that should be apart of the idea when nominating, but I feel that some people don't have the money or time to do any elaborate mods ( like myself), so they shouldn't be excluded from being apart of the nominations. Like the age old saying sometimes Less is more. There has to be another answer to all of this.
          What we do on genvibe.com is we have VOTM and MOTM - vibe of the month and member of the month. The vibe of the month is restricted to people who have improved their car's appearance or performance. The MOTM is for people who contribute greatly to the site, but don't necessarily have anything more than a stock car.
          that's not a bad idea.... 6OTM and MOTM.... That maybe something the mods can think about.... then if they really want to get technical, they could do the 6OTM as sedan and coupe every other month ( if possible)

i like this idea the best

the one thing i have to throw out there COTM and SOTM ummm what about the topless among us or would we be like super moded coupes

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn

the one thing i have to throw out there COTM and SOTM ummm what about the topless among us or would we be like super moded coupes
            well, since there are so few convertibles, it's not logical to give them a standalone category, so how about a 4OTM and a 2OTM - 4-door of the month and 2-door of the month.
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

COTM SOTM VOTM GTOOTM G8OTM MALOTM

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
                Originally posted by ahuhn

well, since there are so few convertibles, it's not logical to give them a standalone category, so how about a 4OTM and a 2OTM - 4-door of the month and 2-door of the month.
                I like that idea.....since verts are basically just coupes with retractable tops

Originally posted by popsicle
                COTM SOTM VOTM GTOOTM G8OTM MALOTM
                <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

Us verts need love too =(
                  '07 White G6 'vert - Debadged, tinted, K&N Typhoon Intake, painted calipers
                  '83 Jeep CJ7 - Mostly custom
                  '06 Subaru WRX STI - Stock

Comment

Originally posted by RareFaction
                    Us verts need love too =(
                    Just cement your roof shut and join the coupe category lol
                    <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

So much for the quality discussion.
                      No matter what happens there is always someone who doesn't like it. It will always be that way. I heard someone complain about moderators rides being in there too much. I was only nominated once, and I had done lots to my 6. It is what it is.
                      Then someone has to take their personal time to set it all up. while people are complaining out loud about it as well. Now, you want a 2nd one set up so those that don't get nominated get a chance.

I think the mods should just select a ride at random of the active members. Give you time to prep your car and talk it up.
                      Oh wait, then someone would complain that the mods are being selective.
                      I like what WS6 said the best.
                      G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                      Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                      Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                      20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Whatever happens, happens. Either way, I'm not too concerned because I doubt I'd win and I wouldn't expect to win since right now I have no mods at all so, change it or keep it the same. I think that making some sort of a change would be beneficial to everyone tho. Like maybe making it so that you can only win once in a calendar year or something like that, so that way everyone has a chance to be nominated. IDK
                        <----Got a red 6?

Comment

i dont think anyone has ever one more than once in a calender year

the whole rotm thing is all opinion anyway, so no one is going to agree with everything laid down

i think we have to many nominations per month and there should be a limit, but then again i dont vote so i dont care

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                            i dont think anyone has ever one more than once in a calender year
                            Maybe not, I've only been on here for a month so who knows lol

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                            the whole rotm thing is all opinion anyway, so no one is going to agree with everything laid down
                            I agree 100% with that. I think we're all intelligent enough to realize that you can't please everyone all the time
                            I think all the mods need to come together and just make any changes that they feel necessary(if any) and throw it out there. If the voting system isn't like by someone then they're SOL Maybe figure out what changes you wanna make and throw up a poll if you guys feel that member input is totally a must. If not, just make the changes and that's that
                            <----Got a red 6?

Comment

I agree you won't please everyone. Anyways I thought ROTM is meant to be fun, not taken so seriously like it seems to be.... it's not like you are winning a prize... if you were then I would understand the complaints or issues.

Comment

I agree you won't please everyone. Anyways I thought ROTM is meant to be fun, not taken so seriously like it seems to be.... it's not like you are winning a prize... if you were then I would understand the complaints or issues.
                                just take it all with a grain of salt. If you don't get nominated or you don't win, who cares!
                                <----Got a red 6?

Comment

Working...
                                X