• Show
Clear All

Re: ROTM Banter

just ban anyone that complains about how it is run

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
      Originally posted by G6GIRLNJ
      i plan on taking some nice shots of my car real soon... but its been a lil bit chilly out lately and i havent found any real nice scenery spots by me..although as i was typing this i thought of a place i could try...hm.....
      the median of the parkway is quite scenic...

thanks!!! i really feel the love

Comment

Agreed COTM and SOTM
        Blue Man Group

Comment

There's some issues that are tough but I'm not sure if we can resolve them.

I see a lot of stock cars get nominated... Yes they look nice but sometimes I think it's unfair for those who have worked hard. This is obiosly a big issue with GXP's since they do have a big difference in styling and how they can woo over people for being 'new' and such.

Another thing is performance vs. appearance. Obiously, this is more of an appearance thing....but it would be nice if there was some way we could incorporate performance mods into it this by having every nomination be accomonies with a complete list of mods and such? Electronics and stuff to.

My .02
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

How about instead of SOTM and COTM, you do POTM and LOTM - Performer of the Month and Looker of the Month. Then you have one nominee for performance, and one nominee for appearance.
            2009 PONTIAC G8
            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

We had this same arguement for months before we had a rotm. How many people have won that rarely post anymore? I think if you want to be a part of this site, freaking logon!
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I agree I think people need to be more of an active member to be nominated.... I do however somewhat disagree on the performance and appearance mods.... Don't get me wrong I think that should be apart of the idea when nominating, but I feel that some people don't have the money or time to do any elaborate mods ( like myself), so they shouldn't be excluded from being apart of the nominations. Like the age old saying sometimes Less is more. There has to be another answer to all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
                  I agree I think people need to be more of an active member to be nominated.... I do however somewhat disagree on the performance and appearance mods.... Don't get me wrong I think that should be apart of the idea when nominating, but I feel that some people don't have the money or time to do any elaborate mods ( like myself), so they shouldn't be excluded from being apart of the nominations. Like the age old saying sometimes Less is more. There has to be another answer to all of this.
                  What we do on genvibe.com is we have VOTM and MOTM - vibe of the month and member of the month. The vibe of the month is restricted to people who have improved their car's appearance or performance. The MOTM is for people who contribute greatly to the site, but don't necessarily have anything more than a stock car.
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

What we do on genvibe.com is we have VOTM and MOTM - vibe of the month and member of the month. The vibe of the month is restricted to people who have improved their car's appearance or performance. The MOTM is for people who contribute greatly to the site, but don't necessarily have anything more than a stock car.
                    that's not a bad idea.... 6OTM and MOTM.... That maybe something the mods can think about.... then if they really want to get technical, they could do the 6OTM as sedan and coupe every other month ( if possible)

Comment

that's not a bad idea.... 6OTM and MOTM.... That maybe something the mods can think about.... then if they really want to get technical, they could do the 6OTM as sedan and coupe every other month ( if possible)
                      Dear god our "OTM" system is gonna be more complex than the US tax code by the time we're done with it...
                      2009 PONTIAC G8
                      MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Another possibility is to have POTM, LOTM, and then S6OTM. You have your performer, your looker, and then you can have your stock 6 of the month. A car that's unmodified, or gently modified (i.e. nothing more than cosmetic stuff, overlays, etc) but worthy of some recognition...
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                          We had this same arguement for months before we had a rotm. How many people have won that rarely post anymore? I think if you want to be a part of this site, freaking logon!

Dear god our "OTM" system is gonna be more complex than the US tax code by the time we're done with it...
                          Well atleast we can't be accused of lack of effort lol
                          <----Got a red 6?

Current mods: Pooners crabs, eibach pro kit, 10000K lows and 8000k fogs, debadged, blacked out tails, redline quick lifts, tint - 5% rear - 15% front, 18" Matte Black MSR 045's, matte black dart overlays, chrome exhaust tip

Comment

I didn't really think ROTM warranted this much discussion. Democracy FTW. I know everybody is trying to be nice, and that's real special, but if you can't afford to mod your ride and it's affecting your chance of winning ROTM ......TS! I think introducing a bunch of guidlines will ruin what ROTM is supposed to be . A popularity contest in some cases, but thats life. Don't change anything. Let the votes do the talking. There is a reason black coupes win. They're sexy. Buy a black coupe next time, and maybe you'll win that coveted ROTM nod.
                            2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

How about COTM and SOTM and we develop a form to fill out by nominees that is posted with the picture?
                              The list includes mods

Like:

Lampoon

YEAR: 2005
                              TRIM: GT
                              EXTERNAL MODS: INDIAN HEAD REPRESENTATION, ETC
                              INTERNAL MODS: BATMAN ON REAR VIEW MIRROR
                              REASON FOR WANTING TO WIN: CAUSE I HAVE A LOW CAR ESTEEM

Or something like that?
                              Mandatory at the top of the nomination. If it is not filled out then the
                              nomination does not move forward to the vote round.
                              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

lets throw this out there. What if the mods pulled from recent members at random and displayed their cars for people to vote. You can still leave it open to others to submit. Just limit the entries to maybe 5 picks from the mods and the first five submitted from the members.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                                Originally posted by [i
                                Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Working...
                                X