This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official "anything dash hawk" thread

This thread is about the dash-hawk. In regards to using the various features, talk about using it to do 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs, how to best use its various features, questions or thoughts about using the dash-hawk, how to install / mount it, etc. Please post all questions comments regarding the dash-hawk in this thread.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

Okay to start things off,

Well I did a couple of runs using my dash-hawk tonight and saw 0-60 times of 7.16, 7.14, 6.97, 6.74. With each launch I adjusted my launch technique to reduce wheelspin but get the best traction. I was checking in the owners manual and it says that its accurate to with in 2/10 of a second. So that would mean that on my best run I was actually anywheres with in 6.72-6.76 for 0-60. I was wondering how exact the dash hawk really is for the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time in regards to how it gets its actual reading, does it just read off of the speedometer?

Also, I was wondering what you gtp guys with the dashhawk have seen for a 0-60 time in comparision to my base v6.

Re: The official dash hawk -functions - use- discussion- thread

God, i hope i can pick up one soon

Sticky!
    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Re: The official "anything dash hawk" thread

Originally posted by newbiestyle
      it says that its accurate to with in 2/10 of a second. So that would mean that on my best run I was actually anywheres with in 6.72-6.76 for 0-60.
      Sorry to have to tell you this Newbie, but your best run is actually between 6.54 and 6.94 seconds. Your math was going hundredths of a second.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

His best was 6.74 so you might recheck your math Tom.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

?

2/10's of a second up or down gives the numbers that I posted.

sigpic
          Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
            ?

2/10's of a second up or down gives the numbers that I posted.
            Blue Man Group

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              Originally posted by newbiestyle
              it says that its accurate to with in 2/10 of a second. So that would mean that on my best run I was actually anywheres with in 6.72-6.76 for 0-60.
              Sorry to have to tell you this Newbie, but your best run is actually between 6.54 and 6.94 seconds. Your math was going hundredths of a second.
              yup your right tom, I realized my mistake, I'm gonna play it safe and say I ran a 6.94secs to 60. Not to bad for a 200hp/220lbs base v6.

I was also wondering, when car mags test for 0-60times, a) is it more or less the same method as using the dashhawk, and b) can I compare my 0-60 time to the times I would see for other cars in a car mag?

Comment

I hate math.
                G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

That's why you need a Dash hawk

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I have a Dashhawk!
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Oh.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

BTW any of you guys that still want one of these let me know, since we developed them with MSD we have the lowest price anywhere PM me for a coupon code
                        Chris White
                        http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                        2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                        2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                        2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                        2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                        2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

How much does the coupon take off?
                          My Car Domain
                          Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Quite a bit, serious people that are ready to purchase can PM for the coupon
                            Chris White
                            http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                            2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                            2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                            2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                            2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                            2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

on the main screen of the dashhawk it has four boxes, titled, rpm, speed, tps and ect-f temp, What is tps and ect-f temp, and what does it measure? it doesn't say in the owners manual.

Comment

Working...
                              X