This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official "anything dash hawk" thread

It won't do trans temp either cause the sensors not there. It is on my wife's Ford Escape though. Nice when we tow the trailer.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Well I enjoy my dashhawk a lot. I did a few 0-60's on mine I think my best was 6.76 if I recall correctly. I know it was 6.6 or 6.7 area. The highest that my IAT registered at was 195 degrees! You know if you go into the valet mode it shows a few of the peak parameters. I know on mine it show only 99 mph as the high speed which i know its wrong, it shows the ECT at a peak of 240 degrees which is extremely hot. Oh and I've red lined the car at something like 6300 rpms. There are soo many cool features.

Comment

You can control the fans to come on earlier. 240 is too hot.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
          Well I enjoy my dashhawk a lot. I did a few 0-60's on mine I think my best was 6.76 if I recall correctly. I know it was 6.6 or 6.7 area. The highest that my IAT registered at was 195 degrees! You know if you go into the valet mode it shows a few of the peak parameters. I know on mine it show only 99 mph as the high speed which i know its wrong, it shows the ECT at a peak of 240 degrees which is extremely hot. Oh and I've red lined the car at something like 6300 rpms. There are soo many cool features.
          a best of 6.76? given the 2/10th spread that would be 6.56 to 6.96 for 0-60. My best run is a 6.74 with a spread of 6.54 to 6.94. Yet you have the 3900 gtp yet I only have the 3500 base. Either my car is running particularly strong, or more likely your encountering too much wheel spin.

btw, I moved my dashhawk over to my steering wheel column. It only covers up my odometer, although if I tilt the steering wheel all the way down I can then see my mileage. It lines up perfect with my line of sight. I can use the red backlighting, so now it matches up with the rest of my gauges. Its a little wierd at first, but after 5mins of driving I got used to it.

Comment

okay I did some testing of the incoming air temp. When my car is parked for a while with the engine running, the intake temp goes up to 106-112 F. Today the outside temp was 35F and driving in stop and go traffic my temp would be 40F when driving and 52F when sitting at a redlight. Driving down the highway at 60mph I saw the intake air temp get as low as 39F.

On a side note, I still haven't gotten the included cd-rom to work on my computer, (vista is stupid) so could somebody explain to me what all these display functions do? Some of them I know but some I can't figure out. A suggestion to the manufactuer, could there be a paper manual to go with the dashhawk? I'm not much of a mechanic so I don't know what all of this means. A paper manaul would help.

here's all the functions that the dashhawk can display for my g6. (the dashhawk can actually display more information, but my g6 doesn't have the requisite sensors)

# of trouble codes - self explanitory
            calculated load- ???
            engine coolant temp - self explanitory
            short term fuel bank 1 - ???
            long term fuel bank 1 - ???
            short term fuel bank 2 - ???
            long term fuel bank 2 - ???
            (map) manifold abs pressure - ???
            engine rpm - self explanatory
            vehicle speed - self explanatory
            timming advance - Timing advance in degrees
            intake air temp - self explanatory
            mass air flow - I understand what it is, but whats a good number and whats a bad number?
            abs throttle position - Throttle plate position. 0 = closed 100 = fully open
            number of 02 sensors - ???
            02 bank 1 sensor 1 - ???
            02 bank 1 sensor 2 - ???
            02 bank 2 sensor 1 - ???
            02 bank 2 sensor 2 - ???
            engine run time - how long the motor has been running, right?
            mil on distance - ??? (how far you've driven?)
            cmd egr duty cycle - ???
            fuel level - how much gas you've got
            warm up counts - ???
            dst since codes clear - how far you have to drive to clear the codes?
            evap vapor purge - ???
            barometric pressure - self exlpantory
            absolute load - Load on engine. Idle = lower number
            module voltage - ???
            cmd equiv ratio - ???
            rel throttle post - ???
            cat temp bank 1 sensor 1 - ???
            cat temp bank 1 sensor 2 - ???
            ambient air temp - outside air temp
            abs throttle position B - ???
            abs pedal position D - ???
            abs pedal position E - ???
            cmd throttle actuator - ???

my biggest questions are

I think the "load" thing is how hard your working the motor but what is the difference between the "absolute load" and the "calculated load" ? Also, what does all that stuff measure and how do I use it? I'm just asking cause I want to be able to fully understand and utilize my dashhawk.

Comment

I edited some of your post with answers I knew.
              I'll install the software on my XP desktop when I find it, and see if I can find more for you.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

I answered a few that i remember on the functions.

# of trouble codes - self explanitory
                calculated load- ???
                engine coolant temp - self explanitory
                short term fuel bank 1 - ???
                long term fuel bank 1 - ???
                short term fuel bank 2 - ???
                long term fuel bank 2 - ???
                (map) manifold abs pressure - ???
                engine rpm - self explanatory
                vehicle speed - self explanatory
                timming advance - Timing advance in degrees
                intake air temp - self explanatory
                mass air flow - I understand what it is, but whats a good number and whats a bad number?
                abs throttle position - Throttle plate position. 0 = closed 100 = fully open
                number of 02 sensors - ???
                02 bank 1 sensor 1 - ???
                02 bank 1 sensor 2 - ???
                02 bank 2 sensor 1 - ???
                02 bank 2 sensor 2 - ???
                engine run time - how long the motor has been running.
                mil on distance - How far you've driven with an SES light
                cmd egr duty cycle - ???
                fuel level - how much gas you've got
                warm up counts - ???
                dst since codes clear - how far you have driven since last trouble code
                evap vapor purge - ??? If I recall correctly this is for the evap pressure in the system ( ie your gas tank, gas cap, etc.... it runs on an open and closed loop so the numbers will fluctuate from negatives to positives)
                barometric pressure - self exlpantory
                absolute load - Load on engine. Idle = lower number
                module voltage - ???
                cmd equiv ratio - ???
                rel throttle post - ???
                cat temp bank 1 sensor 1 - Exhaust temp Sensor 1 (Pre cat?)
                cat temp bank 1 sensor 2 - Exhaust temp Sensor 2 (Post cat?)
                ambient air temp - outside air temp
                abs throttle position B - ??? - I think it's how far you are pressing the gas pedal or throttle
                abs pedal position D - ???
                abs pedal position E - ???
                cmd throttle actuator - ???

Now on to the other stuff. The engine temp must have hit a high number in the past since I've never seen it hit 240 before. everyonce in a while after driving the car I park then get back in a few minutes later the temp may spike at 235 then drop back down quickly to 220ish or lower but it never rides at a high temp.

My 0-60's was done only a few times. I haven't done any more since I know that there was wheel spin when i did it since i did it on a back corporate road where a lot of big rigs drive so there was a lot of loose gravel and dirt. When i had the traction control on It would kick in too much and i got worse times. I have to try a 0-60 again.

Comment

Thanks Ray and Paul, I apperciate it. :P

My 0-60's was done only a few times. I haven't done any more since I know that there was wheel spin when i did it since i did it on a back corporate road where a lot of big rigs drive so there was a lot of loose gravel and dirt. When i had the traction control on It would kick in too much and i got worse times. I have to try a 0-60 again.
                  my best launch time was achieved at 32F, at about 8:30pm at night, I gave it enough gas to get to 10mph and then I floored it. That cut out most of the wheelspin I would get from a deadstop 0-60.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                    Thanks Ray and Paul, I apperciate it. :P

my best launch time was achieved at 32F, at about 8:30pm at night, I gave it enough gas to get to 10mph and then I floored it. That cut out most of the wheelspin I would get from a deadstop 0-60.
                    No problem... I have the software on my other computer and haven't put it back on this one yet.

Well I'm down to an eighth of a tank, and I want to get the 6 washed.... MAYBE I'll take the car up to this spot for some pics and I'll try to do a few runs on the lighterside of the gas tank... Hmmmm. And this road is Nice and Smooth, straight, flat , soild and tree line gotta watch out for deer and the occasional bike rider...

Comment

you've gotta at least beat a 6.74sec run. Otherwise I might get to put gtp badges on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                        you've gotta at least beat a 6.74sec run. Otherwise I might get to put gtp badges on my car.
                        Ok I'll try to beat that and see what i come out with.

Comment

go for it!

Comment

OK newbie... so my best 0-60 was 6.50 seconds at 60.2 mph.... but everytime I launched even from a slow roll off I spun my tires... then the car would get squirrely and it would mess me up a bit. the worst run I got 7.5 cause the wheel spin was too much for the car. this was running on a half a tank of super, and temp of about 40 degrees outside.

Comment

...'bout time those Dashhawks were being used for something useful.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                                ...'bout time those Dashhawks were being used for something useful.

has anyone ever run the 1/4 mile with there dashhawk? I still have yet to try that feature out.

Comment

Working...
                                X