This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The official "anything dash hawk" thread

newbie so you don't have a tune or anything. That is pretty impressive then. I have a tune and intake and my best so far is 6.74 s. I need to try with out my 2 12" subs in the back Or maybe my firmware on the dashhawk is older than yours. ....... or you could just be a better driver
    06 g6 gt
    Doctor Speed Stage 3 intake.
    91 Octane WAMS Tune.
    Dashhawk

Comment

What are those "fuel trim resets" do?

Comment

Resets the long term fuel trims.
        Chris White
        http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
        2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
        2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
        2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
        2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
        2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix
          Resets the long term fuel trims.

hummm..... and that means?

what exactly I am "trimming" there?

Comment

Originally posted by diesavagenation
            newbie so you don't have a tune or anything. That is pretty impressive then. I have a tune and intake and my best so far is 6.74 s. I need to try with out my 2 12" subs in the back Or maybe my firmware on the dashhawk is older than yours. ....... or you could just be a better driver
            I do have a tune actually, I've got a 93octane vector tune, a cold air box, a catback magnaflow exhaust, a thermo tech wrapped intake, a spectre intake filter, and goodyear eagle F1's. Its a really good run considering stock it does 0-60 in 8secs for my LX9 201hp v6 in my 3400lb car. The problem I'm seeing is traction issues. If I just floor it I get pure wheelspin until my tires hook up at around 40mph. If I ease into the gas and then punch it at 10mph I do much better.

So is anybody able to answer the questions I have previously asked?

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
              on the main screen of the dashhawk it has four boxes, titled, rpm, speed, tps and ect-f temp, What is tps and ect-f temp, and what does it measure? it doesn't say in the owners manual.
              TPS is throttle position sensor. It shows you what percentage the throttle body is open.
              ECT is coolant temp in degrees I believe.
              You can change the screen to any parameter available.
              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
              Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
              Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
              20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                Originally posted by newbiestyle
                on the main screen of the dashhawk it has four boxes, titled, rpm, speed, tps and ect-f temp, What is tps and ect-f temp, and what does it measure? it doesn't say in the owners manual.
                TPS is throttle position sensor. It shows you what percentage the throttle body is open.
                ECT is coolant temp in degrees I believe.
                You can change the screen to any parameter available.
                Ahhh, thank you Ray. It didn't specify that in the owners manual, and I can't get the included cd-rom to work with vista for some reason so I was wondering.

Comment

Im thinking i may be ordering one by Monday
                  Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                    Im thinking i may be ordering one by Monday
                    why wait? the internet is open 24/7

Comment

I have an aesthetic question: Is the screen color only blue/black, or can it be changed? I can't remember a picture of it turned on in anyone's car.

EDIT: I just saw a pic Blackrider's dash hawk for the first time. It was red.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Originally posted by Rannin Ravensight
                        I have an aesthetic question: Is the screen color only blue/black, or can it be changed? I can't remember a picture of it turned on in anyone's car.

EDIT: I just saw a pic Blackrider's dash hawk for the first time. It was red.
                        yup! it can be changed! I discovered how to do that tonight, I also messed around with a few settings. I swapped out the engine colant temp with the air intake temp. On the dash hawk you can adjust the colors red, blue, green. By mixing how much of each you want you can pretty much set the color to whatever you want. You can also adjust the contrast too. Its a very neat product.

On a side note, I tried using red as the screen color, but I think the default blue is more visable at night.

Comment

Funny, I used blue as well. Weird that the red contrast was hard to see unless you were directly inline with it.
                          How high does your IAT go when the engine is warm and you are in stop and go kind of traffic?
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

I only did a few minute with IAT tonight. When I was sitting still for a few minutes I saw it go as high as 106F. Driving around I saw it go down as low as 50F at 1/2-3/4 throttle. The DIC said air temp was a steady 31-32F out tonight. I think having my intake tube wrapped with heatshield wrap is making a big difference in keeping the heat out.

*edit* Right now I have my dashhawk mounted above the center stack vents, but I am thinking of moving it over to the steering column. I want to put in on top of the steering column kinda in front of my gauges. I figure it'll block my odometer and the bottom part of the speedo, but it should be better having it more in line with my line of sight.

Comment

It's the MAF that gets heat soaked. I wouldn't be too concerned about 32 degree temp air heating up on it's way to the intake manifold. If the IAT is reading 106 or higher, you can bet the MAF is getting heat soaked. If your tune doesn't pull timing, it'll ping.
                              G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

yeah, I've been thinking about maybe wrapping the maf sensor also, just gotta figure out how. I spent a few minutes scrolling thru all the things you can have the dashhawk display in real time, its borderline astounding. I found it almost overwhelming trying to decide what to have it show. I'm gonna have to spend more time checking all the different functions out. Some things it couldn't display even though it had the ability, I think because there isn't the correct sensor on the g6. Stuff like oil temp or fuel octane for example. It would just say N/A.

Comment

Working...
                                X