Pontiac G8 #334 ***new pics page 13***dyno video added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pontiac G8 #334

hey Ray, I was just curious, when you traded in your g6 with a few things added, how did that affect the trade in value? positively or negatively?

Comment

Sharp car. Some early indications of the engine in the G8 GT is that its heavily choked to keep the HP down. It seems like the intake manifold was one of the things called out along with the air intake.
      2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe - A6, Granite Metallic on Ebony Leather - stock
      (sold)1998 Chevrolet Corvette
      (sold) 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Comment

I was close to break even on the G6. However, it had problems. Slightly damaged wheel with a small bubble in the tire. The seat track was broken and would slide back unexpectedly. A friend helping me get the ice off it a couple weeks ago accidently damaged the plastic cowling with his ice scraper. You couldn't see it, there was 1/2" of ice on it.
        I checked KBB before I left, so I had an idea of what the 6 was worth, minus the problems. The mods aren't really worth anything on a trade in, perhaps private party you would.
        The intake is most likely very rstrictive. I won't have any problem removing the resonator since it's under the hood. Waiting to see where after market intakes go prior to VMS tune.
        The exhaust is pretty quiet and most are saying it's pretty restrictive as well.
        The good side is, I'm getting it tinted on Monday. 20% in the back and 35% front windows.
        It's a beautful car in person. Time to RTFM now.
        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
        Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
        Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
        20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

I thought that was a resonator right in front of the manifold. From the looks of the intake is pretty restrictive. The exhaust probably is too. I am sure that is GM's way of getting a few more MPG and a few less ponies. It looks like the aftermarket is going to be outstanding on this car, you should have lots of options within a few months.

Comment

There is stuff now. Vector already has a tune for it, Peddlers has a suspension, and another company is working on an exhaust.
            For now, tint is my 1st priority. The 230 watt Blaupunk is good enough for me, as I never changed the 6 stereo.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.

Comment

I didn't mean there was nothing NOW, just that because there is so much now, and the car is just now hitting the market; think of what there probably will be in a few months. Its enough to salivate over.

Comment

G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

Yeah, yeah... Rub it in...

Comment

Does the G8 never redline? Anyone notice how theres no redline on the tach? Whats that about?

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

I just came from the dealership testdriving it. I'm impressed. I think a little work and the acceleration can be way better.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by scuba264
                        Does the G8 never redline? Anyone notice how theres no redline on the tach? Whats that about?
                        Yeah, I don't know where the redline is either. I think it hit the fuel cut off once when I didn't shift it in time. Right now my mileage avg is at 18.4
                        It hasn't been on an interstate yet except for 2 miles. So if 15 is city, I'm not doing too bad.
                        G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888

Comment

They had 3 at the dealership. 2 of the 888.
                          Oh yeah, and Bridgestone Potenza tires

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

WOWWW!!! I AM DEF GETTING THAT CAR WHEN MY LEASE IS UP...I NEEED IT!!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW.....congrats
                            So what I'M A NEWBIE

Comment

Re: # 334

Originally posted by grfnkl
                              Who's G8 is that?!?? I just realized that the temp gauge doesn't have numbers on! what king of BS is that?! I like know what temp my engine is at.
                              Remember, this car is a holden. The cluster is probably nearly identical to the australian cluster, and IIRC everyone but the US uses symbols and not writing on the majority of gauges and features. That appears to be the trend...
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

The battery charge gauge is a digital bar over the center console along with something else. I don't remember what cause I was enjoying driving the damn thing too much

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                                X