This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official G8 thread

Looks like I may be getting a Pedders track II suspension done on my G8.

Since, I'll be driving through Harrisburg on my way to MA., I thought I'd ask Toyz if he wants to ride along.
    End of April or first week of May.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Damn skippy!
      I shouldnt have a problem getting off work!
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Now my dealership got the orange one. NO!
        I've seen Gray, Black, orange and white.
        Orange and white = no.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
        Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Look what was at the dealership when I got my brakes replaced.

I never realized how huge the antenna is on them.

Black 2006 G6 GTP Leather and 3.9 liter

Comment

I just read an article in MotorTrend where they compared the new Maxima to the G8 GT, and something confused me. At the end of the list of specifications, they tell you which fuel type is recommended, and it said Premium for both vehicles. Yet I've read numerous times on here that the G8 can take regular unleaded. What's the deal here?
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              I just read an article in MotorTrend where they compared the new Maxima to the G8 GT, and something confused me. At the end of the list of specifications, they tell you which fuel type is recommended, and it said Premium for both vehicles. Yet I've read numerous times on here that the G8 can take regular unleaded. What's the deal here?
              how can you compare a Maxima to a g8 anyway? and no they take regular unleaded.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
              TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
              Show
              -20% tint
              -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
              -Professionally heated seats

Comment

2008 g8 gt VS 2001 svt ford lighting pickup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqCwmqADoik

I'm surprised at how well the lightning did.

Comment

Originally posted by newbiestyle
                  2008 g8 gt VS 2001 svt ford lighting pickup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqCwmqADoik

I'm surprised at how well the lightning did.
                  Those lightning are quick and pretty light I believe.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by leong6gtp
                    Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    how can you compare a Maxima to a g8 anyway? and no they take regular unleaded.
                    They compared them because they were comparable in the same price range. And I believe it said that the new maxima is comming with a 290hp v6 (correct me if im wrong). The maxima came out on top with interior stying, as well as exterior styling compared to the g8. But the g8 came out on top because of it having mor power and its "fun-factor" when driving since its a rwd.

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    Your Car sounds like it is kicking ass!. Your exhaust makes way more kickass noise than my does and i dont even want to hear mine start.. and it just sounds like the fucking MOTHERSHIP HAS LANDED!... don't know how to explain it. but my pants just got tight and now i want to make love to your car! where the beautiful sound comes from...

Comment

• Re: Official G8 thread

I have yet to see a G8 here in Vegas

Comment

Found a review and performance times for the v6 equipped g8. Kinda interesting what it runs.

2008 Pontiac G8 - Specs

VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 4-door sedan

PRICE AS TESTED: $28,390 (base price: $27,595)

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
                        Displacement: 218 cu in, 3564cc
                        Power (SAE net): 256 bhp @ 6300 rpm
                        Torque (SAE net): 248 lb-ft @ 2100 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 5-speed automatic with manumatic shifting

DIMENSIONS:
                        Wheelbase: 114.8 in Length: 196.1 in Width: 74.8 in Height: 57.7 in
                        Curb weight: 3936 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
                        Zero to 60 mph: 7.0 sec
                        Zero to 100 mph: 18.5 sec
                        Street start, 5–60 mph: 7.4 sec
                        Standing ¼-mile: 15.4 sec @ 92 mph
                        Top speed (governor limited): 140 mph

Braking, 70–0 mph: 183 ft
                        Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.85 g

FUEL ECONOMY:
                        EPA city driving: 17 mpg
                        C/D observed: 17 mpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/buying_guid ... d-240.html

2008 Pontiac G8 - Short Take Road Test
                        For sporty drivers, a compelling alternative to full-size sedans.

BY MARK GILLIES, PHOTOGRAPHY BY AARON KILEY
                        August 2008

Sometimes it seems the fates are conspiring against domestic automakers. Just as Pontiac introduces the G8 sedan, the kind of car GM has needed to come up with for ages, the economy goes all wobbly and gas prices spike. If people are thinking of buying new vehicles, they’re looking increasingly to small cars.

But if you want a car that’s fun to drive and will haul four or five full-size humans, the G8 makes a good case for itself. We have already tested the V-8–engined GT, which provides serious performance—0 to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds and a 13.8-second standing quarter-mile—at a starting price below 30 grand.

The base G8, however, is powered by GM’s corporate 3.6-liter, DOHC V-6, which makes 256 horsepower and 248 pound-feet of torque. The engine is hooked up to a five-speed automatic transmission with manumatic shifting. The price starts at $27,595, but our test vehicle rose to $28,390 with the addition of the Comfort and Sound package (uplevel stereo, color LCD monitor, and dual-zone climate control).

At the test track, the V-6–powered G8 performed creditably for a 3936-pound vehicle, going from 0 to 60 mph in 7.0 seconds and turning the quarter-mile in 15.4 seconds at 92 mph. The V-6 version offers much of the goodness of the GT: a spacious interior, excellent steering, nicely balanced handling, and plenty of standard equipment. It also has a firm highway ride and some interior cheesiness, notably the digital gauges in the center stack. The worst feature, however, may be the engine, which sounds coarse when the throttle is put to the floor.

But for a sporting driver, the G8 is a far more compelling alternative to full-size sedans such as the Toyota Avalon, the Ford Taurus, and even the Chrysler 300 Touring. Perhaps its most notable opposition is the G8 GT, which starts at just $2400 more. The GT is far quicker, makes much more interesting noises, and achieved almost the same gas mileage (16 mpg versus 17) over our observed test cycle. We’d be tempted to stretch to the V-8.

Comment

Jalopnik posted a "first drive" of the G8 GXP and let's just say he likes it - a lot. To sum up, he says like others have said, that right now GM is making their best cars ever, and might be making the best vehicles in the world. What an incredible tragedy it would be if GM was forced to stop building cars like the CTS, G8, and Corvette.
                          Man, that makes me wish I had $40k right now.
                          http://jalopnik.com/5094964/2009-pontia ... irst-drive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
                          Has been sold -> 2007 Emerald Green Pontiac G6 Sedan V6/Sport

Comment

Payments will be high on any vehicle if you purchase without any trade in equity or a sizeable down payment.
                            i seriously disagree with that my pops cosign for me, 2008 g6 gt for i pay 319 a month 0 down

Comment

How long was it financed for?

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/16/2009 ... at-39-995/

Pricing for the 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP has leaked out and your budget E39 M5 fantasies can be fulfilled for the princely sum of $39,995. That price includes the $1,700 gas-guzzler charge and the $685 destination fee on the base automatic-equipped model. The six-speed manual will set you back an additional $695 (just do it) and the sunroof can be yours for another $900. As expected, fuel economy is far from stellar at 13 mpg city and 20 mpg on the highway, but judging by Jonathan's review, the additional fuel costs are well worth the pavement-punishing fun you'll have in the most powerful production Pontiac to date.
                                I bet this thing comes in at just over $50,000 north of the border.

sigpic
                                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                                X