How To: Replace Your Rear Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To: Replace Your Rear Speakers

why don't you throw in a component set in the back?? make a nice rack and put them back there - that'd be sick! well if you had a sub in the trunk to keep the music even...good write up by the way!

- Alpine IVA-w505 7" DVD with built in Blackbird GPS
    - JL 1000.1 Amp
    - JL 12" W7
    - 10% Front Tint, 5% Rear

Comment

Thread revival I know but I just wanted to say thanks for the how to with pics. The first post I was like "what", but the pics made a huge difference. I will hopefully be tackling this tomorrow due to one of my 6x9's being dead.
      Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

This how-to was amazingly helpful!
        Thanks!
        Mods:
        CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:
        more audio upgrades, racingline MMIs(waiting to be installed)

Comment

Looking at my coupe this how to doesn't really apply I don't think can anyone do a write up for the coupe?
          Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Anyone know if the non monsoon system has 4 wires as well?
            2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
            Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
            Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
            Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Comment

wow...this looks shitty...so the coupe is different?

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

in the coupe you can skip step 4.... or atleast i coule.... the pillars in the coupe dont have a screw they just pull off... and then the back carpet part is all one piece and really hard to pull out.... if you buckle it in the middle (just let it fold a bit) you can get it out.

It isn't too hard to do if i could do it you can trust me lol
                Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

holy hell, I just replaced the right rear on my coupe and I'll tell you, it was a bitch to get the rear deck out.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Yeah, pain in the a55. Did you get component speakers? If not, what'd you do with the wires? Buckling the rear deck in the middle helped me a lot. PITA still, but eh.

Comment

just oem speakers. I dont have the money to do a full rebuild on the stereo.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

For 2006 gtp model, couldn't figure out how to get side brackets off, so just uncliped plastic brackets holding carpet, and pulled up and over seat bracket
                        Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Insulation pulls right out
                        Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.
                        Last edited by eatslemmons; 04-02-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X